The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

My fellow applicants,

It is time.

A few deadlines are just around the corner, and this seems to be the sort of time of year at which these threads are started, so I thought we may as well get one underway.

Spoiler

I know there are at least a few of us on here looking to apply, but I'm sure there will be a few lurkers around too by this time of year (at least, if the viewing figures on our mini-pupillage thread are anything to go by), so why not say hi?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

In.
Reply 2
In as well... good luck to everyone
Original post by Forum User
In.

:five:

Original post by SevenAteNine
I know I'm a bit of a stickler, but since 2009 the thread has been called:

"The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 201x"

Could it be labelled as such please? This just makes it easier to keep an eye out for when looking on TSR.

Just trying to keep you on your toes.

'When the mind is secure it is in decay'.

Original post by vnupe
In as well... good luck to everyone

:five:
Thanks, in as well. Anyone else going to the pupillage fair on Saturday?
Original post by LadyLaw23
Thanks, in as well. Anyone else going to the pupillage fair on Saturday?

Oh, didn't know it was happening, so probably not.

You've already done minis at pretty much every set anyway, so I'm not sure what you'll gain :tongue:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Oh, didn't know it was happening, so probably not.

You've already done minis at pretty much every set anyway, so I'm not sure what you'll gain :tongue:

Here's the website:
http://thebarcouncil.sym-online.com/pupillagefair15/

Haha true, though the talks should be interesting. If nothing else, then saying hi to people (and seeing who remembers you) is never a bad idea. Though you're right - if I didn't already live in London, I don't think I'd bother!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LadyLaw23
Here the website:
http://thebarcouncil.sym-online.com/pupillagefair15/

Haha true, though the talks should be interesting. If nothing else, then saying hi to people (and seeing who remembers you) is never a bad idea. Though you're right - if I didn't already live in London, I don't think I'd bother!
I can't speak for other sets, but I know that a couple of barristers from my (non-London) Chambers are heading down to the fair. Assuming other sets approach it in a similar way it would at the very least appear to be a good potential networking opportunity. I can entirely understand people not wanting to incur a lot of time and expense attending something like this, but if you do live in and around London and it's an accessible event for you, it strikes me as a pretty good use of your time.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
I can't speak for other sets, but I know that a couple of barristers from my (non-London) Chambers are heading down to the fair. Assuming other sets approach it in a similar way it would at the very least appear to be a good potential networking opportunity. I can entirely understand people not wanting to incur a lot of time and expense attending something like this, but if you do live in and around London and it's an accessible event for you, it strikes me as a pretty good use of your time.

+1
Original post by Crazy Jamie
but if you do live in and around London and it's an accessible event for you, it strikes me as a pretty good use of your time.

Seems to be a big advantage. Accessing all the stuff from Up North is such a pain.
If you'd like the thread name changed, let me know and I can sort that out :smile:

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Original post by Slowbro93
If you'd like the thread name changed, let me know and I can sort that out :smile:

Yes, if you would, thanks
Original post by Slowbro93

Sorry, could you please correct the year from 2015 to 2016? Thanks
In for this year. Eep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went to the pupillage fair today, and as predicted, it was definitely quite useful for networking purposes, as well as for asking any questions of specific sets re their own processes, etc. Also a point to note, a lot of the sets have changed their pupillage application deadlines this year, so keep an eye out!
Reply 15
Anyone else know when Parklane give our feedback?
Can't wait for all this again.
Reply 17
So Parklane anyone????????
Anyone know when Guildhall announce post 1st round?
Reply 19
Original post by The Barista
Anyone know when Guildhall announce post 1st round?

Tuesday sir

Quick Reply

Latest