The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Murray is going to destroy this overrated mug Kyrgios.

Murray/Berdych will be fascinating, particularly with Dani in Birdman's camp now
Locked in.
Good win for Murray. Berdych vs Murray will be interesting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hope Murray doesn't live to regret letting Dani Vallverdu go since he'll be giving Berdych all the inside info for the semis and with how well Berdych has been playing that could be the difference... Still think the winner of the tournament will come from the top half of the draw
Wow. Decided not to watch because i expected straight sets for Nadal, clearly a mistake.

Other half of the draw is better though i think. Djokovic and Raonic should be interesting and Nikishori vs Warwinka should be the game of the tournament so far if both play to their best.
Fantastic performance by Murray to dismiss Kyrgios in 3 straight sets. Murray vs Berdych it is!
Berdych tip doesn't look so dodgy does it now guys..
Djokovic still favourite and Murray a close second as he has played himself right into form here. But Tomas matches up well against Andy, so the semis will still be tough to call.
Fancy Murray over Berdych tbh.
Berydch has a winning record against Murray so I fancy him over Murray although it will be close. Nice to see Murray beat Kygrios. Hopefully this guy never makes it this far in a slam ever again.

On the women's side..Nice to see Sharapova thrash overrated and arrogant Eugenie. Hoping for a Venus vs Maria final.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bouchard needs to break these big barriers in the later stages of grand slams down. Sure hope we don't get a Williams biff off after tomorrow's results.
Absolutely shocked when I woke up this morning to see Rafa had been hammered by Berdman. Watching the highlights, Berdych was solid, great at times, but he really didn't have much to play against as Rafa was appallingly bad. So many make-able ground strokes dumped in net with nothing on them and he didn't get going till some time in third set. Just one of those days I guess. Great for Berdych to snap the losing streak but he'll still get pasted by Novak or Andy.

Rooting for Kei or Stan now.
Original post by Sirocco11
Absolutely shocked when I woke up this morning to see Rafa had been hammered by Berdman. Watching the highlights, Berdych was solid, great at times, but he really didn't have much to play against as Rafa was appallingly bad. So many make-able ground strokes dumped in net with nothing on them and he didn't get going till some time in third set. Just one of those days I guess. Great for Berdych to snap the losing streak but he'll still get pasted by Novak or Andy.

Their match will be epic, if Kei comes through I doubt a long match will effect his performance in the semis after the way he played Djokovic in the US Open. Not too sure with Wawrinka though, he's been solid so far but doesn't take a lot for him to self destruct
Original post by lizzy95
Their match will be epic, if Kei comes through I doubt a long match will effect his performance in the semis after the way he played Djokovic in the US Open. Not too sure with Wawrinka though, he's been solid so far but doesn't take a lot for him to self destruct

Just a shame they'll probably be on court for 4-5am, too early. I do agree that it should be good given their styles of play. Form in this tournament suggests Warwinka has a 1% lead in service games won, but about a 13% deficit to Nikishori in return games won so i imagine that Nikishori could be stronger in the rallies but Warwinka could have the power.

Raonic vs Djokovic should be good too. Their last few matches have had a lot of tie break sets so the 4-0 record is probably flattering Djokovic a little and Raonic's returns have been better this tournament.
Original post by Sirocco11

Berdych has a 6-4 (1-1 in slams) H2H record vs Murray so I doubt he'd get pasted by him. He generally matches up well against Andy plus now has Muzza's former coach in his corner. I'd say he's slight favourite coming into this match actually.
Kei-Wawa will be epic.
Reply 2896
Stan was on fire.
I hope to see Stan show that form against Djokovic/Raonic and for the whole year. No more mugging around losing to mugs in the first round.
Another first set tiebreak goes the way of Djokovic. Mental strength for you i suppose.
Raonic once again disappoints against top players. I can't believe I ever thought that this guy would have a chance against Djokovic. His movement and return of serve are so poor that without his serve, he wouldn't be in top 200.

Quick Reply

Latest