The Student Room Group

Wild packs/ america camps

Is wild packs legit? Ive searched this but ive seen responses from forums almost a decade ago, ive checked trustpilot and for particular camps some of the 1* reviews outline the same problems:

- last minute application retractions due to visas
- no refunds for those instances
- overworking - (false advertisement)
- not making any actual money (breaking even, understandable im not so worried about that)
- the camp companies mainly being recruitment and not involved in the actual camp (the business aspect) this one worries me a bit because apparently they sugarcoat some stuff

I want a reliable place to apply but my university sent out an automated email for only wild camps. I want to know if anyone has had a decent experience before i put my money down, if you care to respond id be so grateful but please be as detailed as possible! Thank you so much !
Reply 1
All summer camp companies are similar and they place thousands of people so there will always be some negative reviews. Here are some more Wild Packs summer camp reviews which seem quite positive. But maybe try Camp America if you are after something more well known.
I'm American so i don't know much about camp america type companies but i have been going to a camp that accepts international counselors for the past 10 years. Last year there were several scottish counselors and also a camper who was from the UK. The camps are called Camp Seafarer (sister camp) and Camp seagull (brother camp). I have truly had the best experience at this camp. It is a sailing camp and the activities include sailing, powerboating, water skiing, fishing, creative arts, athletics, tennis and golf, archery, and riflery. If your interested in spending a summer as a counselor i genuinely could not recommend this camp enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending