The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
I was in Boston in October, staying at the Copley Square Hotel, such a nice part of Boston. All of Boston is nice to be fair, but that area in particular.

Such a shame.
Original post by Skilled
That's true... Just believe in God and have trust in him, all these things happen for a reason:

Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?

GOD: What do you mean?

Me: Well I woke up late,

GOD: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start,

GOD: Okay....

Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait

GOD: Hmmmm..

Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call

GOD: All right

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

Me (humbled): Oh...

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road

Me (ashamed): ............

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work

Me (embarrassed): Oh.....

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered

Me (softly): I see God

GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short ,,that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.

GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad

Me: I "WILL" trust you God

GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.

GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

SN: Just remember that God make things happen for a reason, whether its good or bad. Take it as a blessing. -Danielle Dillard

Very nice of you to use this saddening event to have a cheap pop at others' belief in religion. Classy.
Original post by Perseveranze
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ for any Muslims that passed away in this.

Rather telling that you didn't make a comment about the human beings who died.
Original post by Skilled
That's true... Just believe in God and have trust in him, all these things happen for a reason:

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered

GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short ,,that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad

GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

SN: Just remember that God make things happen for a reason, whether its good or bad. Take it as a blessing. -Danielle Dillard

Oh, do pipe down. What you've just posted is a lot of nonsense - like some movie script. Your statements are virtually meaningless as you're talking of something that doesn't exist.
Reply 284
Original post by Aky786UK
Very nice of you to use this saddening event to have a cheap pop at others' belief in religion. Classy.

Do you think I'm not hurt after looking at all those lives lost?
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Oh, do pipe down. What you've just posted is a lot of nonsense - like some movie script. Your statements are virtually meaningless as you're talking of something that doesn't exist.

Ignore it. Just someone's lame attempt to be "funny" and have a cheap dig at others who believe in a religion.
Reply 286
My thoughts are with the people that were harmed and the innocent lives lost. I just wish that air strikes and deaths at the hands of the US were also at the forefront of the media. However, that doesn't make this attack ok.
Reply 287
People, can we please tone down the religious and "OMG CONSPIRACY" posts in this thread? Make new threads if need be, but let's just keep this one for updates and discussions directly related.
[video="youtube;xV6i7E5MTHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV6i7E5MTHo&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Reply 289
Original post by Skilled

You lost me a bit there I have to say.
R.I.P to all people around the world that have been targeted by evil beings that have no mercy for the innoncence.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Skilled
Do you think I'm not hurt after looking at all those lives lost?

I'm not saying that you're not. But focus on that rather than posting what you did, which in light of what is going, is rather pointless and unnecessary.
Reply 292
Ignore it. Just someone's lame attempt to be "funny" and have a cheap dig at others who believe in a religion.

I believe in religion myself! that's why I have posted this...
Original post by tjf8
How many injured now?
I think its the same as before 2 killed and 23 injured. It was reported the scene was cleared by 3:30 local time.

Obama is going to make a speech in a few mins. As sky news reported about 30mins ago "The president will make an announcement in approximately 18 minutes." The news coverage of this event has quite frankly been utterly embarrassing, CNN constantly saying bomb and attack while stating they don't know every 2 mins. Talking about North Korean rockets. Its just been completely lacking in professionalism.
Reply 294
Original post by Mister Dead
If a lion strode down broadway and mauled a guy eating an ice cream, would you declare it un-newsworthy because of how regularly it happens in kenya?

Does that ever happen in Kenya? :tongue:

I agree with you though, of course it's newsworthy.
Who may I credit this quote to? I am rather fond of it.
Original post by doggyfizzel
I think its the same as before 2 killed and 23 injured. It was reported the scene was cleared by 3:30 local time.

I've heard that around 100 were treated in hospitals though.
Reply 297
I'm not saying that you're not. But focus on that rather than posting what you did, which in light of what is going, is rather pointless and unnecessary.

Ofcourse I believe in the Almighty, I was genuinely posting this for the sake of belief in God
Original post by Skilled
I believe in religion myself! that's why I have posted this...

Oh right, well I didn't really get that impression of your post. But maybe the tone of it is unnecessary at this time.
Reply 299
Original post by anonymouse01
America did WTC. Both of the towers have been proven to had explosives in them. You can see from the footage yourself on Youtube w.e, the first tower had a sudden burst of smoke a fraction of a second before the plane hit. This was planned.

And if that's not enough that this was all an inside job, look up tower 7. Another WTC building which apparently coincidentally collapsed on the same day, but no planes hit. This was hidden from the media.

don't believe everything you see on those 10minute youtube conspiricy videos you complete tool.

http://www.debunking911.com/

particularly relevant to your post:
"Squibs" - http://www.debunking911.com/overp.htm
"WTC 7" - http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending