Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    There will always be causes. And sadly, always nutters willing to go to horrific extremes to make their voices heard.

The best revenge is to live well. If we live in fear terrorism has won.
    That's true... Just believe in God and have trust in him, all these things happen for a reason:

Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?

GOD: What do you mean?

Me: Well I woke up late,

GOD: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start,

GOD: Okay....

Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait

GOD: Hmmmm..

Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call

GOD: All right

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

Me (humbled): Oh...

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road

Me (ashamed): ............

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work

Me (embarrassed): Oh.....

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered

Me (softly): I see God

GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short ,,that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.

GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad

Me: I "WILL" trust you God

GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.

GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

SN: Just remember that God make things happen for a reason, whether its good or bad. Take it as a blessing. -Danielle Dillard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Explosions happen in the Middle East and Africa multiple times per day, and in Europe at least twice per month - but when America is hit it's front page news?

My sympathies to the wounded but this is not on a scale worthy of international news.
    Well yeah, it is. Explosions hitting relatively peaceful western communities is always newsworthy, because it happens infrequently. If a lion strode down broadway and mauled a guy eating an ice cream, would you declare it un-newsworthy because of how regularly it happens in kenya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)
    Attachment 209314

Just wow...
    I just wonder what the reaction would be to something like this. Difficult atm so will be buried if it would utter outrage if it was a Muslim-related organisation but for any religious organisation to take advantage of this event is truly ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)
    Attachment 209314

Just wow...
    i was sitting down a minute ago wondering when scumbag wbc was going to pitch their useless and frankly vile opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    America did WTC. Both of the towers have been proven to had explosives in them. You can see from the footage yourself on Youtube w.e, the first tower had a sudden burst of smoke a fraction of a second before the plane hit. This was planned.

And if that's not enough that this was all an inside job, look up tower 7. Another WTC building which apparently coincidentally collapsed on the same day, but no planes hit. This was hidden from the media.
    This is all easily dispelled with a quick google search. Take off your tin foil hat and focus on the issue at hand please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Explosions happen in the Middle East and Africa multiple times per day, and in Europe at least twice per month - but when America is hit it's front page news?

My sympathies to the wounded but this is not on a scale worthy of international news.
    Considering the implications in US and by influence the rest of the western world, how on earth is it not news worthy? In mathematical terms its one of many, but in reality its far more important than some car bomb in Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Except Massachusetts isn't an area impacted by war.
    Well clearly it is.

(Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Considering the implications in US and by influence the rest of the western world, how on earth is it not news worthy? In mathematical terms its one of many, but in reality its far more important than some car bomb in Iraq.
    My apologies, to be clearer this is not worthy of "front page international coverage". It is of course news worthy.

For example, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/ this story is basically the whole page for the entire world.
    Esentially the same story http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22143503, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22153911 is a mere half page and is hidden away in the Africa section.

I see no reason for the over-emphasis on American news.

To reiterate, my symathies to the wounded in America - but more so to the dead in Africa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    America did WTC. Both of the towers have been proven to had explosives in them. You can see from the footage yourself on Youtube w.e, the first tower had a sudden burst of smoke a fraction of a second before the plane hit. This was planned.

And if that's not enough that this was all an inside job, look up tower 7. Another WTC building which apparently coincidentally collapsed on the same day, but no planes hit. This was hidden from the media.
    Also the Pentagon and various other things all indicate an inside job, but that's not entirely relevant to the thread, everyone can have their own opinion just dunno if this is the right place

ReputationRep:
    The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 2m
    MARATHON EXPLOSIONS: President Obama is expected to address the nation shortly after 6 p.m. about the Boston Marathon explosions, Reuters...

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 6m
    Asked if blasts were terror-related, Boston police chief said "We’re not being definitive... but you can reach your own conclusions."

ReputationRep:
    How many injured now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    That's true... Just believe in God and have trust in him, all these things happen for a reason:

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered

GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short ,,that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad

GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

SN: Just remember that God make things happen for a reason, whether its good or bad. Take it as a blessing. -Danielle Dillard
    What a load of Gibberish.

Lol why the negs, did I misinterpret this or what?

ReputationRep:
    I was in Boston in October, staying at the Copley Square Hotel, such a nice part of Boston. All of Boston is nice to be fair, but that area in particular.

Such a shame.

ReputationRep:

Very nice of you to use this saddening event to have a cheap pop at others' belief in religion. Classy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ for any Muslims that passed away in this.
    Rather telling that you didn't make a comment about the human beings who died.

ReputationRep:

Oh, do pipe down. What you've just posted is a lot of nonsense - like some movie script. Your statements are virtually meaningless as you're talking of something that doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    @Nervana_1: #prayforboston Fact: Terrorism has no religion, race, or nationality. Standing against terror should unite us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Very nice of you to use this saddening event to have a cheap pop at others' belief in religion. Classy.
    Do you think I'm not hurt after looking at all those lives lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Oh, do pipe down. What you've just posted is a lot of nonsense - like some movie script. Your statements are virtually meaningless as you're talking of something that doesn't exist.
    Ignore it. Just someone's lame attempt to be "funny" and have a cheap dig at others who believe in a religion.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are with the people that were harmed and the innocent lives lost. I just wish that air strikes and deaths at the hands of the US were also at the forefront of the media. However, that doesn't make this attack ok.

ReputationRep:
    People, can we please tone down the religious and "OMG CONSPIRACY" posts in this thread? Make new threads if need be, but let's just keep this one for updates and discussions directly related.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.