Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Spinning it in sometimes makes it harder, but murray is level with Nole on serve he can still win the set and match I believ3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spinning it is fine but he is just rolling his first serve in Novak's hitting zone and he ain't level with Nole on serve. Novak has a better serve imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Murray's first serve isn't anything special. Why does he drop the pace off it when he is more than capable of serving big? He ain't gonna get away by rolling serves against the best returner in the game.
    I think he does it to get his percentages up, but considering how slow his second serve is as well he's not doing himself any favours.

Quality has dropped off in this last game. How on Earth did Djokovic not take advantage of that second serve? It was 125kph.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic definitely has a better serve than Murray, first and second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    I think he does it to get his percentages up, but considering how slow his second serve is as well he's not doing himself any favours.

Quality has dropped off in this last game. How on Earth did Djokovic not take advantage of that second serve? It was 125kph.
    Well it's pretty stupid. He is broken again.

ReputationRep:
    Nole seems to be struggling with an injury

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic is struggling physically it looks.

ReputationRep:
    Nole seems to be struggling with an injury
    Tired himself out nothing wrong with him

ReputationRep:
    4 breaks already and 1st set lol.

Spinning it is fine but he is just rolling his first serve in Novak's hitting zone and he ain't level with Nole on serve. Novak has a better serve imo.
    Nah, Murrays 1st is way stronger.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Novak's injury isn't too serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    4 breaks already and 1st set lol.

Murray is better returner at this A0 Nole just better server

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

Stronger doesn't mean better. Murray can serve bigger than Federer but no one would say that his first serve is better than Federer's.

ReputationRep:
    Murray's first serve is more powerful and he has a nasty slice serve. In terms of pure consistency however, Djokovic generally has a higher first serve percentage and a very accurate delivery, more so than Murray. On balance that's why I'd give the edge to Djokovic's first serve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Murray is better returner at this A0 Nole just better server

Murray is statistically far better on 1st's than Novak.
    Novak is statistically far better on the 2nd. (his 2nd is so strong that becker has been trying to make his first more aggressive)

Murrays problem is his 2nd serve is total *******s. Wouldn't say he's the better returner either really, they are both great.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic needs to refocus...

ReputationRep:
    Both players seem to be very irritable

ReputationRep:
    These rallies are getting a bit languid. A lot of it is right down the centre play.

ReputationRep:
    This set is more crucial for Muzza you feel, would be great if he could nick this considering he was 4-1 & 5-3 down when Nole was serving for the set.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus no one wanted to win that set! This has 5 sets written all over it

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic wasn't close to his best at the end of the set and in the TB, but still managed to win it.

ReputationRep:
    How did Murray miss that volley at 5-5 in the tie-breaker :erm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.