The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sirocco11
I think he does it to get his percentages up, but considering how slow his second serve is as well he's not doing himself any favours.

Quality has dropped off in this last game. How on Earth did Djokovic not take advantage of that second serve? It was 125kph.

Well it's pretty stupid. He is broken again.
Nole seems to be struggling with an injury
Djokovic is struggling physically it looks.
Reply 3023
Original post by K1NG93
Nole seems to be struggling with an injury

Tired himself out nothing wrong with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 3024
4 breaks already and 1st set lol.

Original post by K1NG93
Spinning it is fine but he is just rolling his first serve in Novak's hitting zone and he ain't level with Nole on serve. Novak has a better serve imo.

Nah, Murrays 1st is way stronger.
I hope Novak's injury isn't too serious
Reply 3026
Original post by samba
4 breaks already and 1st set lol.

Murray is better returner at this A0 Nole just better server

Original post by samba

Stronger doesn't mean better. Murray can serve bigger than Federer but no one would say that his first serve is better than Federer's.
Murray's first serve is more powerful and he has a nasty slice serve. In terms of pure consistency however, Djokovic generally has a higher first serve percentage and a very accurate delivery, more so than Murray. On balance that's why I'd give the edge to Djokovic's first serve.
Reply 3029
Original post by ubi1
Murray is better returner at this A0 Nole just better server

Murray is statistically far better on 1st's than Novak.
Novak is statistically far better on the 2nd. (his 2nd is so strong that becker has been trying to make his first more aggressive)

Murrays problem is his 2nd serve is total *******s. Wouldn't say he's the better returner either really, they are both great.
Djokovic needs to refocus...
Both players seem to be very irritable
These rallies are getting a bit languid. A lot of it is right down the centre play.
This set is more crucial for Muzza you feel, would be great if he could nick this considering he was 4-1 & 5-3 down when Nole was serving for the set.
Jesus no one wanted to win that set! This has 5 sets written all over it
Djokovic wasn't close to his best at the end of the set and in the TB, but still managed to win it.
How did Murray miss that volley at 5-5 in the tie-breaker :erm:
Djokovic struggling physically.
Another strange match to follow the last SF...
Djokovic is fine, it's the Murray tactic of exaggerating injuries when you lose a point. Djok loves the drama of being 'out on his feet' and coming back to play incredible tennis.

Quick Reply

Latest