The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Inexorably
When you've all actually agreed on the very first question lmfao do you wanna post it in a separate thread like other unofficial mark schemes @nox1

Sure I'll clean it up a bit/format it tonight and then post it
Original post by saengdao
the grammar section
i remember liest, entwickelt, mussten, lockeres, klare, hatten, bequeme, zurückgekommen and wäre but that's only 9/10 :/

was the last question not sein? well sein was in the brackets I can't remember the answer I put
Original post by b0ttlemen
was the last question not sein? well sein was in the brackets I can't remember the answer I put

yeah it was sein and it had to be conditional, hence wäre :smile:
and yeah i'm still stuck on the same 9 words i remembered last night this is ridiculous i bet it's something incredibly simple like werden

wait was it werden, did i write "wird" somewhere...or am i dreaming
and yeah i'm still stuck on the same 9 words i remembered last night this is ridiculous i bet it's something incredibly simple like werden

I not sure, all i keep thinking was that haelt might have been there...

I'm sure I wrote Wird
Original post by dylansingh99
There's no chance that you would remember the German soap opera is there? Because I'm looking for a new German series to watch after finishing Deustchland 83, yes I'm still distraught.... It was such an amazing series

I LOVE Deutschland 83 and I just bought it on DVD, apparently it is not popular in Germany!?
Plus that friends question was so hard but when I got to the Music questions I thought that it was alright - think I did quite well on that question - it is my only hope :frown: I wanted to do sooo well in German but...oh well.... have to see what Spanish brings on Tuesday!!
Original post by theobsessedjuan
I LOVE Deutschland 83 and I just bought it on DVD, apparently it is not popular in Germany!?
Plus that friends question was so hard but when I got to the Music questions I thought that it was alright - think I did quite well on that question - it is my only hope :frown: I wanted to do sooo well in German but...oh well.... have to see what Spanish brings on Tuesday!!

Good luck for your Spanish exam! That's amazing, I don't think I'd ever be able to take on two languages 😅
Just a quick query, did anyone else put erlauben in the director question? I spent ages trying to decide whether to use sorgen or erlauben in the context of ".... that everything runs smoothly", and chose erlauben in the end. The meanings are so similar and I'm so annoyed now😩
Original post by celiajacobs
Just a quick query, did anyone else put erlauben in the director question? I spent ages trying to decide whether to use sorgen or erlauben in the context of ".... that everything runs smoothly", and chose erlauben in the end. The meanings are so similar and I'm so annoyed now😩

I think I chose sorgen for that one...
Sh*t ! For the essay, what did they mean by "hause" ? At home or home country ? I wrote about home as a flat.
Original post by KTaghizada
Sh*t ! For the essay, what did they mean by "hause" ? At home or home country ? I wrote about home as a flat.

I think they meant home country.
Original post by theobsessedjuan

Yes it is true it is not popular in Germany lol, it had more success in the U.S and the U.K than in Germany. It was even the most viewed foreign series in British history. But yes still heartbroken that it's over.... But apparently the producers have said 83 was the first in a trilogy of also 86 and 89, looks like we will have to wait and see...
Original post by KTaghizada

When we did it in class, we meant it as actually staying at home, but I wasn't sure in the exam, so I did both..
Original post by celiajacobs

I put erlauben as i thought it made more semse, but nearly everyone else put sorgen

I was stuck between those 2 though
--
But surely erlauben makes more sense? Honestly idefk
(edited 7 years ago)
I put erlauben
Does anyone remember specifically what that sentence actually was? I'm 100% sure sorgen did not work in it but I can't actually remember the specific sentence :redface:
Original post by Bowers717
Hey, I'm also doing A2 this year and retook today and found it much easier than last year! There were a few that were difficult like some of the reading questions but overall it was much better! I think it's because at A2, you have to write essays in so much more detail using more structures and stuff. Also, you can sort of include some A2 vocab into AS essays. For example: I chose the holiday essay and I mentioned how it's important to go abroad to learn about other cultures to get a better understanding of the people and how they live. I then said how with the current immigrant crisis, if we understand them better, we would become more accepting of them. Also about how flying and other means of transport is damaging to the environment. So I included 2 big A2 topics (environment and immigration) into the essays. Also, the listening and reading is much harder in A2, so AS seems much easier!

Ah that's great news, a real relief! Yeah I think I'll end up retaking it next year, it sounds like it's really worthwhile. Thanks :smile: Good luck in your other exams!
Does anyone remember specifically what that sentence actually was? I'm 100% sure sorgen did not work in it but I can't actually remember the specific sentence :redface:

I can't remember it in German, but in English it was like "because the director is the central role on a film set they _____, that everything runs smoothly"
I thought it was bequemes because it said ein________then the word ending in -nis which implies that it is das. But because it is the indefinite article of das you add -s to the end NOT -e. You only add -e when it is definite article (das)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending