The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Djokovic ain't playing Madrid so that means that Federer & Murray will be the top 2 seeds. Lol two mugs on clay as the top seeds. Haha :toofunny:
Federer draws Nadal in his half at Madrid. Berdych, Wawrinka, Isner, Chardy, Dimitrov all feature in that section as well. Nishikori, Murray, Raonic and Ferrer in the other half. Djokovic's absence could certainly make this a very open tournament.
Original post by Rakas21

Safin was good.
This match was so epic :sogood:

[video="youtube;EoYaSlbPHig"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoYaSlbPHig[/video]
Federer plays so rubbish on clay these days. He might as well just skip the whole clay season and start focusing on Wimbledon.
Rosol-Murray 1v1 plz
Murray into his first clay final. Let's see if he can win his first clay title tomorrow.
Fed struggles and fights his way to a clay title. Gasquet sees off Nick Kyrgios. Murray and Kohli still waiting for the rain to clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be happy if Federer reaches the QF of the french open.
Original post by The_K1NG
I'll be happy if Federer reaches the QF of the french open.

Same here - at least he'll add points. The only real purpose of his clay season is to make sure he can stay at or near the top for seeding/draw purposes, keeping his chances at the other 3 Slams alive somewhat
Andy gets his first clay title EVER. Well done to him and his team. Seems the training block in Barcelona with Amelie paid off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good job Muzza! Finally done it, after having to play 3 matches on Saturday (2 singles + 1 doubles)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3352
If Gulbis goes on to lose this match (looking likely; down a break 6-5 in the third - Goffin serving for it), I genuinely think he'll quit tennis. He's had such a **** year, and he's talked about it before!
Did anyone see Victoria Azarenka's abysmal capitulation there? Up 40-0, 3 match points, pegged back to 40-30, 3 double faults and then she gave up... just awful
Lol Kyrgios - telling a linesman to "get ****ed" - horrendous call on the serve though.

But wow - match of the year so far definitely!
(edited 8 years ago)
Federer should skip the clay season and start focusing on Wimbledon. He is never beating another decent player on clay if they are playing well.

Kyrgois the thug played well. However, it doesn't change the fact that he is an absolute ****.
Reply 3356
Good match from Kyrgios and Federer there. Kyrgios is still a prick of the highest order however. Hopefully he pulls a Tomic with his arrogance and starts to fall down the rankings for a while. I've never liked him ever since that daft little drop shot he pulled against Rafa at Wimbledon last year.
If he channels this arrogance properly, he could really go far. Kyrgios has shown that he's up for the matches against the absolute best like Fedal, but he needs to look at everyone in that same way.
Terrific performance from Rafa to re-establish balance in his domination of Berdych. Best I've seen him play this year without a shadow of a doubt and the forehand was bruising. 24 winners, the majority from that wing, and the serve and return were excellent. Just has to get the victory tomorrow and he's well on his way to priming himself for Roland Garros.
Original post by Krish4791
If he channels this arrogance properly, he could really go far. Kyrgios has shown that he's up for the matches against the absolute best like Fedal, but he needs to look at everyone in that same way.

He is talented, and has strong potential, but I agree he needs to take everyone before them seriously, He isn't always going to get a shot at the big league players that early in a tournament and he already struts around as if he's better than everyone else. If he carries his stinking attitude forward the way he is he'll end up with no supporters and no success when it really counts. Safin was a classic angry man, but he had an extraordinary ability to channel it. Kyrgios on the other hand has come close to sabotaging his chances by acting like a sulking teenager.

Quick Reply

Latest