The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got ocr sociology or edexcel history remarked?? (AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hotliketea
just to update anyone still waiting for theirs: i got a remark for my SN3 spanish oral (WJEC, non priority) on the 22nd of august, received it back today. my raw mark went up by 3, my UMS by 6 , giving me my third A* overall yaaaaay!

3A*s congrats. Are you going to Oxbridge?
Has anyone sent off an AQA Lit B unit 3 paper for a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
just applied for my remarks today *fingerscrossed*
Just got my my Edexcel C4 remark back. I went up from 70 to 74 UMS which is translates to going from 52 to 55 raw marks. That pushed my A Level grade from a B to an A as I only needed 1UMS :smile:
Original post by keny960
Just got my my Edexcel C4 remark back. I went up from 70 to 74 UMS which is translates to going from 52 to 55 raw marks. That pushed my A Level grade from a B to an A as I only needed 1UMS :smile:

ahh congratulations!! it's always hard to go up on maths so that's great you managed to go up to an A :biggrin:
Original post by simplysparky

We've had a couple back. They both went up significantly.
Original post by Compost

That's good news! I'm 4UMS off an A and somehow managed to get a C in the exam eventhough English is supposedly my best subject. But we'll see what happens, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you get your money back if your exam grade changed or if your overall grade changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Godel_Mark
3A*s congrats. Are you going to Oxbridge?

no hahaha they rejected me :P

i'm going to UCL
Original post by Slim Shady 96
Do you get your money back if your exam grade changed or if your overall grade changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if the overall grade changes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slim Shady 96

Posted from TSR Mobile

like the person above said it's just the overall grade, well it is definately for edexcel and ocr :smile: I checked the other day when I paid for my remarks :smile:
Original post by loosiemorgan
like the person above said it's just the overall grade, well it is definately for edexcel and ocr :smile: I checked the other day when I paid for my remarks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compost

How much do you mean when you say significantly? I was hoping to get an a* for English but got a C in this exam! Mine would have to go up by 22 UMS
I received my results on the 14th of August, and I obtained 179/200. As you can tell, I'm only one UMS off an A* and I was wondering which units I should remark.

Unit 3 (Business) - 72/80
Unit 4 (Global) - 107/120

I could remark both of course but I risk going up in one module, whilst down in the other thereby keeping my mark unchanged.

Furthermore, I'm not concerned about the money and I haven't requested my script back so I don't know where I went wrong.

I would appreciate any help.

NB: My board was EdExcel.
Reply 335
Original post by amytay04
How much do you mean when you say significantly? I was hoping to get an a* for English but got a C in this exam! Mine would have to go up by 22 UMS

I had the same problem! I was predicted an A* in English Literature (OCR) but I ended up getting a D in my final exam. I thought something was a bit suspicious so we got the paper remarked and it went up 38 UMS (from a D to an A). Luckily I just scraped the A* grade boundary :smile:

I'm not sure which exam board you're on, but OCR are horrific with their marking and there have been so many problems this year, especially with English Literature. Don't lose hope!
Original post by ImTheMedic
I received my results on the 14th of August, and I obtained 179/200. As you can tell, I'm only one UMS off an A* and I was wondering which units I should remark.

Unit 3 (Business) - 72/80
Unit 4 (Global) - 107/120

I could remark both of course but I risk going up in one module, whilst down in the other thereby keeping my mark unchanged.

Furthermore, I'm not concerned about the money and I haven't requested my script back so I don't know where I went wrong.

I would appreciate any help.

NB: My board was EdExcel.

I would remark both if I were you. Of course there could be the risk that you would go down in one and up in another but if you remark one, there is an equal risk that it can just go down. I think if you remark both, you'd be quite likely to get at least 1UMS up. Good luck!
Original post by amytay04

11 and 20.
Original post by simplysparky

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES!! I sent mine off today, I got 99/120 in the exam and 80/80 for the coursework, I'm hoping to get 1 mark for the A* - how about you?
Quick question, does anybody think it's worth getting a remark if the whole class/subject took a hitting in terms of grades? We all felt we should have done better, but our teachers are reluctant to appeal for it. I'm questioning whether I should try it, or if they are right and marks were just simply harsh this year. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest