Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolatytler)
    ive got a friend that got aab but kings accepted her despite not meeting the offer conditions

in order, your options are:
    1. call and beg on results day
    2. resit and reaplly to the few unis that will allow this
    3. grad entry or applying to undergraduate courses after gettin a 2.1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK. Looks like the best way is to actually get the grades, darn it... I better work my socks off then! Haha! And thanks for the quick reply.

ReputationRep:
    I take it that was 2013 intake kolatytler for your friend. I know on results day KCL ended up with a few spare places so some of the accepted offers must have missed their grades I guess to create a shortfall. I know this as my son rang up on results day and found they had a few places. Didn’t get an interview at the time (hadn’t applied to KCL in the 2013 round) but did have an interview on the 18th December this time round and still waiting to hear, fingers crossed. Also had interviews at 3 other universities as well but still waiting for one to issue that crucial offer, but at least has no rejections as of today, March looks like it will be a busy month!
    Aim for those AAA grades MS Miz, suspect KCL will not make the same mistake again and will make sure they have enough offers out so if you don’t get your grades an offer will lapse. Very rare to get a place if you miss the grades so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    I take it that was 2013 intake kolatytler for your friend. I know on results day KCL ended up with a few spare places so some of the accepted offers must have missed their grades I guess to create a shortfall. I know this as my son rang up on results day and found they had a few places. Didn’t get an interview at the time (hadn’t applied to KCL in the 2013 round) but did have an interview on the 18th December this time round and still waiting to hear, fingers crossed. Also had interviews at 3 other universities as well but still waiting for one to issue that crucial offer, but at least has no rejections as of today, March looks like it will be a busy month!
    Aim for those AAA grades MS Miz, suspect KCL will not make the same mistake again and will make sure they have enough offers out so if you don’t get your grades an offer will lapse. Very rare to get a place if you miss the grades so go for it.
    yep it was last year (she's now a first year). And i think they probably wont do it again, the same friend told me that at kings a lot of students fail midsessional (this year around 40% of the cohort got below the passmark of 50) and many also fail the yeat...i think they will try and reduce the number of admitted students that dont get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do people with not a single a grade in Igcse get in into medicine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have an interview at King's today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    Thanks for the advice, and good luck to your son!

ReputationRep:
    Happy 2 month anniversary Kings xxxx Please give me an offer as a gift

ReputationRep:
    This thread is relatively quiet today...

Like my portal :'(
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    anyone get any offers/rejections today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmalou)
    My interview was 12th December... So nearly 2 months of waiting just to be rejected!
    Did you ask for feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Δεφιαντ1)
    Thats not clearing tho! Clearing is when you have declined/been rejected from all your choices on your ucas application, so you apply for another choice. After i got rejected last year i got the option of going into clearing in march, but most people do clearing after results day if they've missed their grades. Your right that some med schools will call people post-rejection and reverse their decision if they haven't filled all of their places but kings don't do clearing, if they did i would have seen it last year!
    They don't officially call it clearing but it is,my sister got into dentistry 2 years ago,had all rejections without any interview called up the Uni they said they'd look at her app and then called her back for an interview next day and she was offered a place.onthe ucas app it has to go through as a place as 'clearing' and I have spoken to 5 people in my year who got called up by kings on results day and when were given the offer it come up as through clearing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolatytler)
    yep it was last year (she's now a first year). And i think they probably wont do it again, the same friend told me that at kings a lot of students fail midsessional (this year around 40% of the cohort got below the passmark of 50) and many also fail the yeat...i think they will try and reduce the number of admitted students that dont get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    40% did not fail midsessional!cant rmeber exact number but only a few fail end of year as well if they don't work through out year!

work hard get the grades and call up kings if you've been rejected.not sure if they will have as many spaces available this year though,Iv met 10 people who got in results day in my year!

ReputationRep:
    Been checking my portal for the past 4 months and been seeing the same thing!
    Dont mind waiting as long as it's not for a rejection! Come on Kings please! Anyone else who havnt heard anything and without any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Offer! Safe to say, this is the best valentines day present ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanika21)
    what time did you get it and when was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanika21)
    Are you international?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    4pm, although in reality it was at about 4:10 because they were running behind a bit (I was a little worried when nobody came at 4pm to the waiting room to take me to interview haha). When was yours?
    Aw, mines was at 14:20 i've got my Barts interview next Monday :/ nervous! where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkozman)
    Are you international?
    yes, interviewed on the 30th january

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that none of the medical schools are replying through email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beinlondon)
    Is it weird that none of the medical schools are replying through email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, because they state millions of times 'if you have a question use the portal'!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.