The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Dervis
Thats probably true. However, if you see stats from previous years, there is a bunch of people with lower UKCAT scores that did not have any extenuating circumstances and got accepted. I guess it depends in your application overall and the first impression you cause when they look at it.
I don't think Exeter is as harsh on that as other universities.

Let's hope not! 😄
Another resitter here. I achieved AAA First time around with A in AS Level Mathematics. This year I am repeating chemistry and biology to get it up to A* level, bumping up my AS Level mathematics to a full A-Level and doing an EPQ- just for fun :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thedancingmedic
Another resitter here. I achieved AAA First time around with A in AS Level Mathematics. This year I am repeating chemistry and biology to get it up to A* level, bumping up my AS Level mathematics to a full A-Level and doing an EPQ- just for fun :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's either dedication or madness :wink:
Just called up exeter, they said interviews will be sent out starting next week and interviews will run in December from the 3rd-15th, there will also be some February interviews. Also
order of interviews will not just be down to UKCAT scores, it will include other parts of the application too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 365
Original post by the A* guy
Just called up exeter, they said interviews will be sent out starting next week and interviews will run in December from the 3rd-15th, there will also be some February interviews. Also
order of interviews will not just be down to UKCAT scores, it will include other parts of the application too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! That's helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!! Not long to go now then :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scary!! Hope they haven't decided to rank GCSEs or something :/
Reply 368
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Scary!! Hope they haven't decided to rank GCSEs or something :/

Same, if they do I'm done
Original post by Hudl
Same, if they do I'm done

I have 7 A*s and 4 A's which is good but quite modest compared to most med applicants from what I can gather :frown:
I have 7 A*s and 4 A's which is good but quite modest compared to most med applicants from what I can gather :frown:

xD you'd be fine!!

Being a med applicant is so stressful as we all start getting paranoid about different things they might assess us on! Just relax (as much as possible!) by next week we'll probably have a good idea of what's required.

I personally wouldn't read too much into their comment; it simply means that it's not just ukcat alone that determines interview (which we knew already). For all we know they were just referring to the fact that they use predictions as well! I doubt they'll suddenly become GCSE heavy as their GCSE requirements are pretty low.

DONT STRESS YOURSELF

(And as I said, if they take gcses into account then for you that's probs be advantageous anyway!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 371

Pahaha modest, I'm pretty sure with those GCSEs you can be easily clattering heads with "most med applicants"
They are really good GCSEs.
Original post by Dr. Django
xD you'd be fine!!

Being a med applicant is so stressful as we all start getting paranoid about different things they might assess us on! Just relax (as much as possible!) by next week we'll probably have a good idea of what's required.

I personally wouldn't read too much into their comment; it simply means that it's not just ukcat alone that determines interview (which we knew already). For all we know they were just referring to the fact that they use predictions as well! I doubt they'll suddenly become GCSE heavy as their GCSE requirements are pretty low.

DONT STRESS YOURSELF

(And as I said, if they take gcses into account then for you that's probs be advantageous anyway!)

Aaaah it's so hard!! This process SUCKS hahaha - I've been ok up until now, not even really checking emails all that often but now I know it's getting nearer the time it's stressing me more! Oh yeah you're probably right about the predictions thing as thats what happened last year. See, I'm losing my logical mind?!
Original post by Hudl
Pahaha modest, I'm pretty sure with those GCSEs you can be easily clattering heads with "most med applicants"
They are really good GCSEs.

I thought they were good until I went on a ukcat course and all the people I met had 10 A*s at GCSE! Crazy!!
When do exter start giving out interviews? last year they star rejecting from the November 25th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shakil01995
When do exter start giving out interviews? last year they star rejecting from the November 25th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've quoted 'the A* guy' he was the one who called Exeter! Apparently from next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Django
I've quoted 'the A* guy' he was the one who called Exeter! Apparently from next week :smile:

Thanks!!!
Do you know if Exeter uses cutoff for each individual sections or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shakil01995
Thanks!!!
Do you know if Exeter uses cutoff for each individual sections or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year they just had an overall score cut-off and a predictions (or achieved grades) cut-off...
Original post by Dr Gin
Last year they just had an overall score cut-off and a predictions (or achieved grades) cut-off...

That's good to know cos my VR is like really low 510 compared to average 712.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr Gin

Do you know what last years UKCAT cutoff was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending