The Student Room Group

Harper Adams 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have so much stuff after a wee shopping spree for the necessary stuff on the pink list! I haven't even got as far as what clothes to bring... >< and Hi Beth! :smile: Which hall? I'm kinda jealous, self-catered was my first choice! haha
Reply 21
Everyday I seem to buy something new for uni, I'm getting so excited! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Hey, my room number is SCB004 which I think is Darwin. :smile:
I went shopping today and came back with a few more kitchen utensils and some stationary. I'm slowly filling up the spare bedroom with uni stuff! Not sure how we will fit it all in the car to bring it up to Harper!?
Reply 23
Ohh nice! Haha all my stuff is in the front room, which has obviously delighted my mum! We have a pickup so I can chuck all in the back of it and my dad and brother are going over on the ferry on the 26th while mum and I get the plane to Birmingham then the train to Telford on the 25th..in other words my mum knows she'll have to ensure I know vaguely where I'm going so she can trust me to get home to Ireland at Christmas.. =L
Reply 24
That's cool. We're taking 2 smallish cars up there but I'm thinking we might need the roof box too! I'm only 2 hours down the road in Leicestershire so not so much of a trek!
Reply 25
A month today! So excited :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by Beth_M
Hey! I'm going to study vet nursing and practice management in September and I'm staying in self-catering :smile:
Really quite excited but nervous at the same time! :biggrin:

hey im studying the vet nursing foundation degree in sept and im in catered :smile:
have you sorted your first year placement yet?
Reply 27
Original post by alice456
hey im studying the vet nursing foundation degree in sept and im in catered :smile:
have you sorted your first year placement yet?

Hey,
No I haven't yet, sent letters to loads of places that are down as registered vet nurse training practices on the RCVS website but a lot are coming back and saying they are no longer training practices or can't take me on because their full. I'm finding it really hard. I think if we don't have anywhere then Harper can get us somewhere but it could be really far away etc.
How are you getting on with it?
Reply 28
hey yeah i have found it hard as my backup fell through, but im pretty sure that i have a placement for the first year - its a bit further from where i live than i would have liked but its the closest that had a vacancy. i think harper can help you, i heard some of the practices are in manchester though. have you called them to let them know your struggling with finding one, coz thats what i was gonna do if i couldnt get one?
Reply 29
Cool, yeah I should probably do that. Thanks Alice
Reply 30
hiya, just wondering if any one could give me advice, im going to harper adams in a week or so to start my course, but my boyfriends boss and friends have offered for us to go on holiday in november for a week abroad, iv only ever been on holiday once and in never been abroad and i may not get the chance for a very long time, im going to live at home while at uni, how do i go about trying to get 5 days off from uni? i really dont want to miss this oppurtunity can any give me advice x
Reply 31
you just need to talk to harper and your lecturers and see what they say what course are you doing?
Reply 32
I believe you just tell your group tutor who will inform the relevant people that you're going to be away. (: That's what Ellie (she's taking over as the Harper Ambassador in Ireland) said on Monday anyway!
Reply 33
Thanks guys and im going to be doing the animal science degree, which hopefully will be really good :biggrin:
Reply 34
Hey there :smile: I am hopefully going in sept 2013 to study Agricultural Engineering. I have had my interview now and I got accepted for 5 courses at Harper (Yes, I applied to 5!) but i have now replied and pending on results. Anyone else wanting to do studying Engineering??? Planning on going self catered as think it may be more sociable for first year and easier :wink: I have now been to harper twice, once at the HEC 2012 and at interview, I LOVE IT!!!
Reply 35
I just got my email today offering me a place for september, ile be studying business and marketing there, cant wait for september now!
Hi im Jade :smile: I have an interview for Harper on the 6th of February and am hoping to study animal behaviour and welfare. Are any of you currently at Harper? How are you finding it?
Original post by JadeWoodland
Hi im Jade :smile: I have an interview for Harper on the 6th of February and am hoping to study animal behaviour and welfare. Are any of you currently at Harper? How are you finding it?

Hi Jade, I also have an interview for the same course on the 6th I'm so nervous! I don't know what they meant by 'questions of a technical nature' haha I'm trying to prepare for loads of different outcomes!
In starting to get nervous too now haha! Will probably see you there then :smile: I don't know either, have you sent off all your forms? I'm waiting for my boss to come back from a four week holiday!! She needs to sign the experience form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
It might be about time someone started a Harper Adams 2013 thread lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending