The Student Room Group

Immediate repayments of student loan when dropping out

Hi, I am currently in my second year of a degree at Harper Adams and will be dropping out once I have finished this second year and completed all of my exams/assignments. I have been wondering how much of the maintenance loan will be considered overpaid and will be required to be paid back immediately, as I am unsure as when SFE consider the third term to finish. Personally, I am on minimum loan, therefore the whole loan has been used to pay third terms rent and bills, so was just wondering whether the the third term loan includes the summer holidays or only covers until vacation starts for students.
Original post by Maisie142
Hi, I am currently in my second year of a degree at Harper Adams and will be dropping out once I have finished this second year and completed all of my exams/assignments. I have been wondering how much of the maintenance loan will be considered overpaid and will be required to be paid back immediately, as I am unsure as when SFE consider the third term to finish. Personally, I am on minimum loan, therefore the whole loan has been used to pay third terms rent and bills, so was just wondering whether the the third term loan includes the summer holidays or only covers until vacation starts for students.

Hi there, we are unable to advise on this until your withdrawal notification has been received from your university. Once you are due to withdraw your university would be required to send us confirmation of this to allow the team to calculate the funding you were entitled to receive for the time spent on your course. Once it has been processed the team will send you confirmation if you have been overpaid and how this would need to be repaid. Thanks, Karen
Original post by Maisie142

If you hold off on withdrawing until enrolment opens for 2023/24 then you won't have to repay anything for this academic year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending