Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men of tsr, do you have the balls to approach a woman on the street? Watch

ReputationRep:
    there is one particular street where this is generally accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    So you would never approach a bloke who is well fit?
    No, I'd never approach a girl or guy I fancied, too awkward

ReputationRep:
    This is not America.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this isn't America/Australia/Canada, so this stuff gets you looked upon as weird as hell. That said, London is probably the place where it all originated believe it or not, so if you want some success, try it there (and ignore the nonsense about being sexually desperate or whatever).

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to Covent Garden every afternoon after work and do just that . But it's easy if they are tourists isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    What's my balls got to do with me approaching a female?

ReputationRep:
    Worst case scenario you never see them again, so I don't see why not

Though of course never would when in a relationship.. I'm not really too interested in meeting new people, especially just because I find them attractive!

ReputationRep:
    absolutely
    if you want to then you should

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't like it if a random guy approached me on the street; I would feel a little intimidated, but that's because I am really shy.

ReputationRep:
    it seems more acceptable in bigger cities

ReputationRep:
    I have done pickup in the streets of the uk and i hate to break it to you... it works. Anyone who is saying it doesn't work in the UK is being a chode and is making excuses for the fact that they're pussies.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't and don't have the need to do so - but it's funny to see people finding chatting up in the street as fundamentally wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't say the same in a nightclub - sure the expectations are different but ultimately it shouldn't change anything.

The second point is if that you're sufficiently attractive and/or oozing confidence, you'll be successful in any context

ReputationRep:
    i was right about your threads smh :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    if you saw an attractive women on the street and she looked approachable, would you instinctively approach
    Not unless there was some natural reason to do so, fairly obvious opener and/or she prompted me (although I've done a cold approach before, this was just to show a wing that I could do so, if necessary). Three main reasons for this:

1) I'm a British gent so it's in my nature to avoid putting people on the spot/making them feel awkward :top2:

2) I'm susceptible to electrosmog (have electro-sensitivity, EHS), so being on the street usually means getting bombarded with radiation that unfortunately makes me feel bad e.g. bad head/palpitations

3) I also have POTS so standing means a drop in blood pressure (notably, reduced blood supply to the brain) accompanied by my heart racing

P.S. I coach people professionally in this area and have put together a handy, concise introductory guide for anyone considering 'day game'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Not unless there was some natural reason to do so, fairly obvious opener and/or she prompted me (although I've done a cold approach before, this was just to show a wing that I could do so, if necessary). Three main reasons for this:

1) I'm a British gent so it's in my nature to avoid putting people on the spot/making them feel awkward :top2:

2) I'm susceptible to electrosmog (have electro-sensitivity, EHS), so being on the street usually means getting bombarded with radiation that unfortunately makes me feel bad e.g. bad head/palpitations

3) I also have POTS so standing means a drop in blood pressure (notably, reduced blood supply to the brain) accompanied by my heart racing

P.S. I coach people professionally in this area and have put together a handy, concise introductory guide for anyone considering 'day game'
    sometimes it would be lovely for hot guys to just attemp to approach us on the street and start talking randomly and forming a beautiful connection
    This thing quite commonly happens in central. Was approached the other day in St James's park,it was nice but somewhat alittle embarrassing as the guy was with his friends,who were waiting for him to get back to they could up and leave the park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    sometimes it would be lovely for hot guys to just attemp to approach us on the street and start talking randomly and forming a beautiful connection
    Sometimes it would be lovely for supposedly hot girls to just attempt to see us, and to start talking properly and acting on a beautiful connection

Was approached the other day in St James's park
    That's funny, could have sworn you were in hospital and too sick to see anyone. Let's just say you have 'a vivid imagination' either way :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Sometimes it would be lovely for supposedly hot girls to just attempt to see us, and to start talking properly and capitalising on a beautiful connection

That's funny, could have sworn you were in hospital and too sick to see anyone. Let's just say you have 'a vivid imagination' either way :rolleyes:
    you probably wouldn't have any problems in that department*

Left since last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrododo)
    I personally wouldn't and don't have the need to do so - but it's funny to see people finding chatting up in the street as fundamentally wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't say the same in a nightclub - sure the expectations are different but ultimately it shouldn't change anything.

The second point is if that you're sufficiently attractive and/or oozing confidence, you'll be successful in any context

Good point, and you only live once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i was right about your threads smh :naughty:

😃
    I am now confused?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    it seems more acceptable in bigger cities
    certainly in London! I wonder what it's like In other large UK cities

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.