The Student Room Group

I'm almost 21 and have never been in a relationship

Every day I feel less and less desirable, despite going to the gym and trying to heal myself physically (I suffer from baldness but I take drugs recommended by the trichologist... I hope they will work, because without hair I would be horrible).

There's not much else to say. I have girl friends with whom I contact every now and then, but from a romantic point of view it's a disaster and the fact that a girl likes me seems inconceivable to me.

Scroll to see replies

not unusual for people to be a decade older than this or more and still never been with anyone
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Every day I feel less and less desirable, despite going to the gym and trying to heal myself physically (I suffer from baldness but I take drugs recommended by the trichologist... I hope they will work, because without hair I would be horrible).

There's not much else to say. I have girl friends with whom I contact every now and then, but from a romantic point of view it's a disaster and the fact that a girl likes me seems inconceivable to me.

Same. And I'm 34 almost 35. I would say it gets better, but it just doesn't in my experience
Reply 3
Original post by H8Courtship217
not unusual for people to be a decade older than this or more and still never been with anyone

Yes, this is true. I'm 34, nearly 35 years and I've never dated anyone 😔
Just don't get to 43 and regret not trying like me.
Original post by jay2013
I see from your profile you live in London, maybe you should try moving somewhere more friendly. Just a suggestion.
Original post by jay2013
why am i not surprised that your a guy, male.
Original post by Anonymous #1

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446339

Is this you?!?
Have some more confidence in yourself. Honestly, confidence can be very attractive for females. A man who is sure in himself, regardless of how he looks, shows a lot! The only person who can really make you feel better, is you.
And there's loads of bald men who can pull.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
are you implying you never had a relationship? if so, i assume your a guy

Maybe... but I don't think that's the important message he's trying to get across.

I think he's basically saying stop feeling sorry for yourself and put yourself out there (life is too short).

You people are failing before you're even starting by constantly moaning about how easy girls (supposedly) have it instead of seeking advice or encouragement in order to actually meet and interact with people.

Rejections aren't the end of the world.... Looking back on a life full of regret by not trying and constantly asking yourself "What if..." or "If only I just... " is!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Maybe... but I don't think that's the important message he's trying to get across.

I think he's basically saying stop feeling sorry for yourself and put yourself out there (life is too short).

You people are failing before you're even starting by constantly moaning about how easy girls (supposedly) have it instead of seeking advice or encouragement in order to actually meet and interact with people.

Rejections aren't the end of the world.... Looking back on a life full of regret by not trying and constantly asking yourself "What if..." or "If only I just... " is!
well its a fact of life that far more men than women end up chronically alone, single, later than normal
Yeah I'm a guy. Women have it easier in this regard no doubt. Not whingeing it's just a fact.
Oh no, this has stressed me out because our 20 yr old son isn't trying, he's an only child and I don't want him to be alone when we go.
Original post by Old Skool Freak

Girl here--we DO have it easier. Guys are always expected to make the first move so they have to put themselves out there for rejection.
Original post by foxsmum
Oh no, this has stressed me out because our 20 yr old son isn't trying, he's an only child and I don't want him to be alone when we go.
Don't let it stress you. I was just trying to help. The years can pass quickly and then it gets harder is all I'm saying.
Don't let it stress you. I was just trying to help. The years can pass quickly and then it gets harder is all I'm saying.
I get that, definitely.
Original post by foxsmum
I get that, definitely.
What area are you in? I'm in the South East and feel a bit bitter about the opportunities it's denied me. The people and unfriendliness suck. Every good encounter I've had has been with a foreigner. You just get that boring, callous, cold hearted, user feeling from people.
What area are you in? I'm in the South East and feel a bit bitter about the opportunities it's denied me. The people and unfriendliness suck. Every good encounter I've had has been with a foreigner. You just get that boring, callous, cold hearted, user feeling from people.
Funny you should say that since I'm a foreigner myself. I'm across the Mersey from Liverpool.
Original post by foxsmum
Funny you should say that since I'm a foreigner myself. I'm across the Mersey from Liverpool.
Oh ok interesting. I thought Liverpool was supposed to be pretty friendly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending