The Student Room Group

still no girlfriend

Hi guys 26M, I still have not had a girlfriend yet or had sex and I feel like it is difficult for me. apparently, I have been told I am quite attractive from a few people's options. mostly I am quite insecure i am tall and dark with curly hair I also have a lean muscular physic. I think it is even more difficult now that social media is around and girls always have options.

I find it frustrating because I sometimes think you have to say the right words to a girl to impress them however I am myself and I don't want to be someone who I am betraying myself to be. I know being in a relationship is not a fairy tail and it is difficult to be in a relationship but I just want to experience being involved in one having flings with girls.

Just need some advice as I am lacking in confidence and I want to do is just kiss a girl.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys 26M, I still have not had a girlfriend yet or had sex and I feel like it is difficult for me. apparently, I have been told I am quite attractive from a few people's options. mostly I am quite insecure i am tall and dark with curly hair I also have a lean muscular physic. I think it is even more difficult now that social media is around and girls always have options.

I find it frustrating because I sometimes think you have to say the right words to a girl to impress them however I am myself and I don't want to be someone who I am betraying myself to be. I know being in a relationship is not a fairy tail and it is difficult to be in a relationship but I just want to experience being involved in one having flings with girls.

Just need some advice as I am lacking in confidence and I want to do is just kiss a girl.

damn you sound hot how old are you?
Being in a relationship is easy - when done right. Easier than not being in a relationship.

Having a default state of positivity, light-heartedness, focusing on the people and world around you is life on easy mode. Easier than the alternatives.
Not sweating the small stuff is easy. Easier than sweating the small stuff.
Doing stuff and taking action makes life easier than sitting there thinking about things.
Not boasting, not qualifying, not justifying yourself to a woman you've just met is easier than doing any of those things.
Leaning in to kiss a girl when your observations tell you she fully wants to kiss you is easier than sitting there awkwardly and thinking about it. If she pulls back take the easier route and be totally fine about her declining your kiss.

You are acting as your own biggest obstacle. Get out of the way of yourself. Start taking the wise easy route.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
damn you sound hot how old are you?

I am 26
Reply 4

I think you should trust that you will come across someone special to you but for now, you work on yourself
I am 26

my sister is looking for a boyfriend she is 20 and her birthday is in a few days
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Being in a relationship is easy - when done right. Easier than not being in a relationship.

Having a default state of positivity, light-heartedness, focusing on the people and world around you is life on easy mode. Easier than the alternatives.
Not sweating the small stuff is easy. Easier than sweating the small stuff.
Doing stuff and taking action makes life easier than sitting there thinking about things.
Not boasting, not qualifying, not justifying yourself to a woman you've just met is easier than doing any of those things.
Leaning in to kiss a girl when your observations tell you she fully wants to kiss you is easier than sitting there awkwardly and thinking about it. If she pulls back take the easier route and be totally fine about her declining your kiss.

You are acting as your own biggest obstacle. Get out of the way of yourself. Start taking the wise easy route.

PRSOM
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
my sister is looking for a boyfriend she is 20 and her birthday is in a few days

Is she pretty?
yeah she is really pretty
Reply 9
So what do you want; to just kiss a girl, have flings or have a relationship?
Reply 10
Original post by Surnia
So what do you want; to just kiss a girl, have flings or have a relationship?

Mainly flings
Reply 11
Mainly flings

A fling doesn't involve having a girlfriend or a relationship, so why complain about not having those when you aren't interested in commitment?

Attractiveness isn't just looks, it's the whole package, but you started with appearance; maybe it's not that which is stopping you. However, you aren't going to get anywhere when you think you have to 'impress' someone, yet just want to get them into bed.

you seem cute
Original post by leahjanemeasures
damn u sound fit as hell. how old and what do u look like i wanna c a pic of u xxx

ijbol 😭 I love this website sometimes
Original post by Anonymous #3
ijbol 😭 I love this website sometimes

why do u love this website sometimes ml? x

Well I'm 31 and I've never had a girlfriend and it doesn't bother me. I've had it away before, but honestly being desperate isn't going to solve your problems, actually going out there and attempting to solve your problems does. The problem a lot of men have is they believe that finding a woman is some kind of solution, and perhaps it is to some people, but generally being tied up with someone else must be a hassle. Men always want to please women, and women can take advantage of that. Men do all the toiling, and women seem to expect to be showered in pleasantries. I think if any young man really wants a women in their lives, they should practice self-respect and understand that relationships are always a two-way street. As soon as one of you isn't giving the other enough tlc, then it's time to get back to the singles market.
another depressing reminder, it should be obvious why its more common for men than for women to remain alone or never having been with someone
Original post by H8Courtship217
another depressing reminder, it should be obvious why its more common for men than for women to remain alone or never having been with someone

What's the reason? I'm a gay guy so it's not something I've ever really considered.
Original post by Anonymous #3
What's the reason? I'm a gay guy so it's not something I've ever really considered.

i've long been a fan of the belief that its more common for heterosexual men than it is for heterosexual women to remain chronically, single, alone, later than normal, as in, reach a certain age and never having had a relationship before, due to men always being expected to be the initiators and ask the woman out.

Kiss a boy instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending