The Student Room Group

Listening to red pill podcasts made me incredible insecure

I'm a woman and just turned 27.

A couple of months ago I was in a pretty dark place and out of curiosity I started to watch a lot of red pill content, and as a woman that kind of contend really screwed with my mind, it completely changed how I see myself, how I see men, and how I think men see me.

A few weeks ago I met a great guy who is 3 years younger than me, he is 24 and I can't stop feeling incredible insecure about our age gap because of how those manosphere guys think about women after a certain age and how my only worth to men would be youth, how no man wants to date an older woman and how women after a certain age are post wall and no man would want them.

Do guys who aren't into the red pill think like that and just never say it out loud? Could a younger guy even be serious about me when all men want younger women? How common is that kind of thinking among men?
Original post by Anonymous
Do guys who aren't into the red pill think like that and just never say it out loud?

No, they just think normal, respectful thoughts instead.
Could a younger guy even be serious about me when all men want younger women?

Yes. No, they don't.
How common is that kind of thinking among men?

Depends on the group you're looking at. YouTube audience? Higher than we'd both like. TSR? Slightly above average vocal minority. General population? Statisically insignificant.

You've already described your new chap as great, so enjoy dating without any of the baggage that comes from a guy that is bitter and weird.
Red pillers pride themselves in following scientific truth. It's funny how often red pillers ignore evidence that goes against their beliefs.

Such is the nature of cults. They are marketed as the "One True Way". That's just part of the marketing to create a siege mentality and a sense of superiority over anyone outside the cult.

Go ahead and put the red pill teachings to the test. Use your independent thinking skills. Decide for yourself whether you agree with it. Or whether you think it's a load of laughable nonsense created by a load of socially inept men as a a set of feeble excuses for their lack of success with women.

If you feel insecure about something you should audit yourself and determine whether you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Or whether there is something that you can control for which there is scope for improvement (EG eating too much junk and semi junk food. Or drinking too much booze. Or being too timid when coming across men you've not met before). In which case you should go ahead and do what it takes to fix or mitigate the issue.

There's nothing you can do about your ages. There's a lot you can do about how you behave and speak when you're with him.

And oh yes, a 24 year old could fall deeply in love with you. They are more likely to do so if you have a good amount of self security.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending