The Student Room Group

What's your favourite type of meat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Conceited
The things I've heard about Blue or Rare steak. Definitely need to try it. :eating: :drool:

You do, make sure you go somewhere good or do it yourself, pref get a nice cut from a butchers not a supermarket.

I hated steak when I was like 10 because I had always eaten Medium steak because i was brought up to think that it was the only way you could eat steak, When I tried rare, oh boy it was the best thing I had ever eaten.

If you live near gatwick I could tell you a great place to eat steak.
Original post by UWS
Well I don't know what else to say, it's not comparable to any other food.... It's a soft fish that tastes like fish :colonhash:

11 seagulls out of a nail file
Congrats *slow clap*
Cheese
Reply 23
I've had salmon before - it has a kinda fatty taste to it.
Fresh meat :colone:
Reply 25
How does steak taste? I've never had it.
all of them
medium rare rump steak doused in flaming bourbon (i use the cheap stuff like jack single barrel)
or
the chicken I get from my local Italian restaurant
Chicken or steak
Chicken :love: I quite like a bit of salmon on occasion. I'll eat pork and beef on occasion, but not often. I prefer beef minced in things like lasange than cuts of it. Big fan of turkey as well :biggrin:
Original post by AperfectBalance
You do, make sure you go somewhere good or do it yourself, pref get a nice cut from a butchers not a supermarket.

I hated steak when I was like 10 because I had always eaten Medium steak because i was brought up to think that it was the only way you could eat steak, When I tried rare, oh boy it was the best thing I had ever eaten.

If you live near gatwick I could tell you a great place to eat steak.

Live just over an hour away from Gatwick. I'll take you up on that offer.

Spoiler

Reply 31
Pork
Reply 32
Lamb or duck… when I wrote duck it came out as dick lol which I'm sure for a lot of you is your true favourite meat
Love lobster and prawns (and other similar crustaceans). Occasionally I like to have a nice cut of beef cooked rare/ medium rare.

Spoiler

Ok so in the airport before you need a ticket to get in there is a hotel called sofitel go into its main area (dont need a room or anything) there are 3 resturants, 1 does decent chinese the other is a light snack place like rolls and pizzas (Not been there)

But the other one is a fine resturant very British and formal and the food there is just amazing I had a rare steak with garlic butter, it also comes with thick steak chips and some veggies and I can tell you that it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten and belive me I have eaten steakes that cost nearly £100 and been to some extremely fancy suit and tie resturants and honestly I would happily go back to the sofitel one.

My father had a rack of lamb and it was to die for and is rather cheap for the quality. but be warned you might need to book and if you have a girlfriend it would really be an amazing night out, the hotel is also amazing and very modestly priced.

Who would have thought that one of the finest steak resturants would be in a little hotel chain
Original post by habeas.corpus
Love lobster and prawns (and other similar crustaceans). Occasionally I like to have a nice cut of beef cooked rare/ medium rare.

Lobster is amazing, luckily I know a fishmonger and he sells me them for a very good pric, I cannot get my hands off of oysters too but they are expensive.
Really depends on what dish I'm having. If it's a curry, can't beat lamb. For sweet and sour based dishes, gotta be pork. Beef is best in chow mein and bolognaise. Context.

Spoiler

I'm confused

Quick Reply

Latest