The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

QI Elf
You know if you mark your food, eg in named tubs, does it still go missing?

Yeah, it does. It only needs one thieving ******* in the flat :rolleyes:
Nobody ever locked their door in my corridor in halls and nothing was stolen. We got very lucky.

Houses being broken into was far more common in terms of stories heard around campus. Just be careful and sensible.
Reply 22
Not in halls but in a shared house. Something quite valuable too. Bumheads.
never had anything stolen from halls or my house. Had my purse nicked and was mugged once but not in halls :p:
someone stole my milk at college :frown:
next year i'm gonna get one of my guy mates to jizz in the milk and then put it in my fridge compartment.
sucks to be the person who decides to steal it :biggrin:
Reply 25
.pushing.charlotte.
next year i'm gonna get one of my guy mates to jizz in the milk and then put it in my fridge compartment.

And maybe wee in the orange juice.
Reply 26
.pushing.charlotte.

0_0
Reply 27
God in the first year things kept going missing (food, dishes and stuff) including my stuff. I never stole anything but someone everyone ended up thinking it was me and life wasn't so pleasant :p:
Reply 28
couture_kid
Has this happened to anyone whilst staying in halls in regards to electronics e.t.c.

my mother seems to be really paranoid about how i need to be careful because my stuff may be stolen, and is trying to convince me not to even take my laptop for the first couple of weeks lol.

I'm taking it anyway, but im just interested if anyone has had their stuff stolen?

Nope. Endsleigh insurance is cheap though, and designed around students. Some halls provide it as part of the package. Plus, your door will have a lock.
Reply 29
Friend of mine had this laptop lock thing, which attatched to the back of her laptop, and which she then wrapped around her desk/radiator.
TBH, we were all pretty lax, security wise, we would go down the hall for a natter, with our doors open. (this wasn't a student halls, it was an appartment block with weird frenchies living in).
I agree with the 'hide stuff under your bed' shizzle (also, a tip, put your laptop under there if you go out drinking. It makes it waaaay to much effort to get out and drunkenly facebook/TSR when you get back in)
Appart from Money, i don't have anything that valuable anyway.
Reply 30
A friend used to put green food colouring in her milk. No one stole it after that
Reply 31
I remember reading somewhere that student theft tends to occur without breaking and entering.

Yes, it seems like the best idea in the world to leave your door constantly open for Freshers, but anyone remotely inclined to steal something will also take advantage of that fact!

So always - ALWAYS - lock it if you're not in there :smile:
Pheonixx
ive left my mobile phone 16 hours in our communal kitchen many times, its never gone, but my calculator was stolen twice from there :redface:

You go to Cambridge? :p:
Now that would piss me off if it happened to me. I like scientific designs.

Latest

Trending

Trending