The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You've already got a revision time table although you havn't started the courses yet? :s-smilie:
Wait until exam time nears, then start revising? Learn first...
i have it planned out but i guess thats not the case anymore with everyone saying don't use a revision timetable lol
Revision timetables generate a lot of guilt when you don't stick to them, throughout my A-levels I did shift work which is unpredictable so arranging a study timetable would be difficult and vary week to week so I would have had to make a new one each week.

3 hours each weeknight? and 5 hours on Saturday and Sunday? :eek: You may just burnout, the 5hour revision days should not be put into action until study leave that is practically the rule :rolleyes:.

Let's examine the logistics of 3hours per night revision, on a normal night you get 2hours of homework depending on the meanness of your teacher :p: so then are you going to do 3hours beyond that? Some teachers recommend 1hour revision per night not three.

Give yourself nights off and out with the lads, (at this point assuming OP is male, so correct me if I am wrong):rolleyes:

I actually miss school now because I enjoyed the social aspects, please don't make it a source of misery and pressure.
Reply 23
You should wait until you start your A Levels to make a revision timetable. First of all, you don't know which subject you will find the toughest and therefore need more revision for it. Also, why start with so many hours? It's not like you will be sitting exams soon.

I personally don't make revision timtables; I never stick to them. I'd rather revise when I feel like it. :smile:
That's a bit extreme to say the least lol. However I do intend to start revision from the second week in. I plan to do 1 hour of revision 2/3 nights a week, and if I have time maybe an hour at the weekend. But it's your choice do as much or little as you like.
smile-always
Hi I'm in the same position basically. Thanks for your advice. It sounds smart. :wink: X

Glad that helped :p:
Reply 26
After all the homework, do a hour or two on a sunday night going over everything you've done in class that week for all your subjects, doesn't have to be heavy revising, just keep refreshing your memory.
Reply 27
LegendKiller377
i have it planned out but i guess thats not the case anymore with everyone saying don't use a revision timetable lol

Are you planning on revising as soon as you get to sixth form? Or just for exam times?

There's really no point in making a timetable now, you don't know what the different subjects will be like/homework demands/etc just yet.
I guess you can make one when you get into a routine at college. But don't get into anything too early. Just keep on top of your work at college for the moment...but if a timetable helps you do that then do that.
Reply 29
you need to learn the material,
but I suppose an 40 minutes a night will help, data burning all your subjects (like 10 minutes each subject) to see if you understand everything, have any problems with the subject you had the day etc.

once its early December, then you can revise for maximum two hours each day (one hour=one subject topic)
on weekends you could do 3 hours each day (so three subject topics)
Reply 30
My plan is to give my self a couple of hours each night to do homework, and if the 2 hours isn't filled up - just spend the remaining time revising/general studying.

I'm also aiming to go over my notes taken in class each night, in order to help the information learnt stay in my mind.

I think anymore than 2 hours at this stage will be too much (at least for me). If I can stick to my guns and do that amount each night, I will be happy.
I recommend that you don't start revising that much yet...you won't really know what to revise for a start! Also, you don't want to become a social recluse...it's not healthy.

I would say just look through your notes regulary to make sure you understand everything, and keep on top of your work.
lol thanks for all the reply guys haha i'll take everything all of you have said into consideration.
Reply 33
how many hours a night roughly to get straight As you reckon?
please no answers about how lnog is a peice of string etc
Reply 34
OP

Its too late- you should have started revising in the holidays!- disgraceful
woah....

Latest