Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    Royal Navy circa 1815 - I believe counts as an 'army'.

Britannia ****ing ruled the waves, bro.

And that was far from the peak strength of the Royal Navy.
    There is a much, much better image showing the entire royal navy, as appose to the grand fleet above, pre ww1. But I cant bloody find it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    US

ReputationRep:
    The Rhodesian army were pretty beasty; they killed 40000 of their opponents at a cost of 1,735 Rhodesian dead - a ratio of 23:1.

Check out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dingo

Fair play they were fighting poorly equipped 'communist' guerrillas but still I'd say within that specific terrain those guys would kick just about anyone's ass. There's absolutely no chance they would have lost/handed over power if it wasn't for all the political pressure and sanctions from outside the country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.