The Student Room Group

Turning down LSE for KCL

I’ve got a conundrum. Got offers for international relations from UCL, Manchester, Durham, LSE, and war studies for KCL.
I’m doing an army officer internship that starts in October and will be going to Sandhurst.

Really just stuck between LSE’s better reputation and war studies being the course I prefer. I enjoy IR, but war studies is really my passion.

I know the workload at LSE will be worse too - but it being a better uni makes it so hard to turn down. Feel like I’d be mad to turn it down but the war studies course is so interesting.
Everyone these days says KCL has slipped in rankings and is no longer comparable to the best London unis.

Career wise I haven’t decided yet, maybe an NGO/conflict related field.

Any advice? Cheers
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by TheHungryBadger
I’ve got a conundrum. Got offers for international relations from UCL, Manchester, Durham, LSE, and war studies for KCL.
I’m doing an army officer internship that starts in October and will be going to Sandhurst.

Really just stuck between LSE’s better reputation and war studies being the course I prefer. I enjoy IR, but war studies is really my passion.

I know the workload at LSE will be worse too - but it being a better uni makes it so hard to turn down. Feel like I’d be mad to turn it down but the war studies course is so interesting.
Everyone these days says KCL has slipped in rankings and is no longer comparable to the best London unis.

Any advice? Cheers

KCL - it's the course that you should be basing your decision on.
Original post by TheHungryBadger

Any advice? Cheers

If the Army is part of a career path you might take, then be aware that all the advanced staff courses etc are supported by KCL. KCLis much more military savvy. Also the War Studies course has a higher rep than the main university, in the relevant sector.
Always generally go for course over uni prestige. Go to KCL.
As above, this is a no brainer.
Think I'm gonna accept King's. cheers guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending