The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

So for some answers I remember so feel free to check if I had the right idea/add to them:

1st 6 marker - momentum and kinetic energy were conserved. As the thing is ejected it has a certain ke and p so the rocket moves with that in the opposite direction

Last 5 marker - at X a charged particle and neutral particle was produced. The neutral particle then decayed at Y via pair production producing two particles of opposite charge with the same momentum - as the paths had the same curvature.
Original post by johntoby
I got 3s for the roundabout, and that mass didn't change it, anyone? Can someone explain that one asking for the capacitor time to lose half energy and half its charge? That was the only one I was unsure of

I got the same for the roundabout

See above for my explanation on the capacitor question.

Tell me what you think thanks
Reply 442
Original post by ertuu
Yes. You are right. The units in particle physics are such that a rest mass of 10 eV/c^2 means that the particle has an energy of 10 eV and also a momentum of 10 eV/c. The values are all interchangeable. The June 2012 paper had a good question on this.

So glad this didnt come up bc I didnt see your reply before the exam haha. I still don't understand why that is, but who cares anymore hahah
Original post by MangleKuo
I wrote less.

Because E=1/2 Q2/C and C is constant
Hence E = kQ2
for E become 1/2 E
Q need to become 1/√2 Q
1/√2 0.7
Q reaches 0.7Q0 before reaching 0.5Q0
So the time is less

I wrote the other way round
but I use the correct equation, will I be able to get 1 mark?
Reply 445
Original post by Nick.p97
On the gce paper were we supposed to use 3.3 or 6.6 for the charge on the capacitor??

I used 6.6 but really not sure :/ If it's wrong that's so many marks lost :'(
Original post by cerlohee

Inused that aswellz
I dropped stupid marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 447
Man, I said momentum not conserved because of the chemical energy explosion...

You will definitely get some ecf I wouldn't worry it was a straight out trick question which threw me a bit at first but I think it was just 3.3 as one plate had a deficiency of 3.3 and the other one had accumulated 3.3 as charge moves from one to the other.
Reply 449
Original post by The Best1
yeah i just remember putting 7s, dont remember what decimal points, 7.08 sounds like what i put!

I put that too :smile:
anyone else get 4.1A for the max charge on that ring question??
Did Jan 2014 IAL just yesterday with the situation of a magnet oscillating in a coil which was good :smile: I wasn't really sure if I answered the question I firstly talked about emf being induced when it enters and leaves but when stationary it isn't (relating to change in flux) so emf varies creating an alternating current of the same frequency of the oscillations???
The 6 marker about the rocket, I put that Ek wasn't conserved because there was an explosion so some chemical energy to kinetic. May be wrong because it said it was empty, but there must be fuel for an explosion. Total energy and momentum conserved, speed of probe increases because relative momentum of the tank is negative. Thoughts?

Yep got that! Nice juicy maths question :3 threw me at first with the Ts^-1 unit!

Yeah I think so
Reply 455
I have a really bad memory but could we try to compile a list of all the questions to make an unofficial markscheme and I'll add it to the original post.

For the momentum one, did people put that the increase in KE had to be due to chemical converstion to kinetic energy in the shuttle? Or am I jsut getting my markschemes muddled up lool
Original post by johntoby
The 6 marker about the rocket, I put that Ek wasn't conserved because there was an explosion so some chemical energy to kinetic. May be wrong because it said it was empty, but there must be fuel for an explosion. Total energy and momentum conserved, speed of probe increases because relative momentum of the tank is negative. Thoughts?

This is what I thought would happen, but I didn't write it very concisely.
Original post by chermaine123
I wrote the other way round
but I use the correct equation, will I be able to get 1 mark?

I think so. One mark for equation one mark for answer probably.
I have a really bad memory but could we try to compile a list of all the questions to make an unofficial markscheme and I'll add it to the original post.

For the momentum one, did people put that the increase in KE had to be due to chemical converstion to kinetic energy in the shuttle? Or am I jsut getting my markschemes muddled up lool

Yeah I got that, but I'm a little uneasy about it because it said the tank was empty... But surely you need fuel for an explosion so it must be from elsewhere

yh i put something like that, i think i said total energy was conserved as chemical energy was converted to kinetic energy in the shuttle and the oil tanks causing them to speed up or something, i think i worded it better than that in the question though xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending