Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I've seen alot mentions for Lacazette on here but I haven't comprehensive post as to why he'd be an improvement on what we currently have in proposition in the price he's going to cost us. Our attack has been pretty good, Man City have only scored 3 more goals in the league than us.

Doubt Giroud be "done" by 2016. It's not like he's got any pace to lose and we all know he's proper athlete who takes care of himself. Technique ability doesn't disappear as players age. As long as his movement stays sharp and he uses his strengh effectively I don't see why Giroud can't go until his 35 as an effective target man

He's got 23 goals with 5 assists in 26 appearances. He's also only 23 meaning he has both scope to improve but isn't too young like say Gnabry either. My main point was that if we'd be selling Walcott and Podolski then we're short in depth. Instead of buying a player to increase numbers, Lacazette would be a great shout considering the form he's in now and if he does have the scope to become world class in the future, it's a very good long term signing.

As for Giroud fair enough, but it's not exactly a common thing you'll see target-man strikers play to their primes up until 35.

ReputationRep:
    Why has the misc been locked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Flame wars and inappropriate content, obviously

ReputationRep:
    Anyways do you guys reckon Ramsey could ever play at 10 for you? Whenever I've seen him his ball retention skills aren't the best, but he likes to dribble at people and he's a good runner. Could be an option in big games maybe? So if he loses the ball he's further up the pitch I suppose.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I really need to stop using this site on my tablet, sensitive as ****. Re opened now.

ReputationRep:
    Juventus vs Monaco (Arsenal)

ReputationRep:
    Anyways do you guys reckon Ramsey could ever play at 10 for you? Whenever I've seen him his ball retention skills aren't the best, but he likes to dribble at people and he's a good runner. Could be an option in big games maybe? So if he loses the ball he's further up the pitch I suppose.
    We would have good work rate I guess but He's more suited to playing b2b as he can put in a shift. Wilshere is more like a no.10 tbh as opposed to b2b and the funny thing is I reckon both want to be the other.

ReputationRep:
    aww guted that would have been a great game. and avoids the big 3 teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    aww guted that would have been a great game. and avoids the big 3 teams
    Why we would have lost anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    Why we would have lost anyway
    does that stop it being a good game?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea were given a hiding by them a few seasons ago. so it's not an easy game by any means

ReputationRep:
    Yes any loss is a bad game for Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you guys would prefer a draw on Sunday, but if it was either a United win or Liverpool win, who would you go with?

On one hand, United are closer to you and them winning a game as big as this could propel them forward and start them on their way before their tough fixture list.

On the other hand, Liverpool are further back but with our crazy form and unbeaten run, along with us playing you the game after, surely you wouldn't want to face us after we won our biggest game of the season?

The way I see it, we'll beat United then lose to you.
    I'd probably take that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Obviously you guys would prefer a draw on Sunday, but if it was either a United win or Liverpool win, who would you go with?

On one hand, United are closer to you and them winning a game as big as this could propel them forward and start them on their way before their tough fixture list.

On the other hand, Liverpool are further back but with our crazy form and unbeaten run, along with us playing you the game after, surely you wouldn't want to face us after we won our biggest game of the season?

I'd probably take that.
    To be fair I wouldn't mind a twisting the knife scenario. By that I mean, United beat you and so do we. That way we send you boys crashing out the top 4 and derailing the hype train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    To be fair I wouldn't mind a twisting the knife scenario. By that I mean, United beat you and so do we. That way we send you boys crashing out the top 4 and derailing the hype train.
    Meh, we may be hyped but don't you think it's justified?
    Considering at xmas we were in 10th place and 9 points off top 4?
    We haven't lost a league game in 2015; I'd say we can be as hyped as we want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

I'd probably take that.
    agree with above, would rather both us and united beat you than you lot draw. Would probably end your confidence and I still expect Utd to drop needless points elsewhere anyway leading for us to runaway with at least 3rd.

In reality youll probably beat Utd and we'll draw/beat you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    Yes any loss is a bad game for Arsenal
    I never said it would be a good game for arsenal. I said it would be a good game. Difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

I'd probably take that.
    Liverpool win since United are only a point of us. Despite your form I still think we will win you at the Emirates anyway based on our form. United finishing outside of top 4 with all the money spent would be :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would take a loss to Liverpool in the league if we went on to beat them in the FA cup final (if both teams reach it).

As for Lacazette, two years ago he scored 3 in 31 games, so let's wait to see if he's a one season wonder or if he's here to stay. For all we know, he could be the next Alexandre Pato.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I would take a loss to Liverpool in the league if we went on to beat them in the FA cup final (if both teams reach it).

As for Lacazette, two years ago he scored 3 in 31 games, so let's wait to see if he's a one season wonder or if he's here to stay. For all we know, he could be the next Alexandre Pato.
    Would never take a loss vs the scouse scum.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.