Original post by fallen_acorns
aww guted :frown: that would have been a great game. and avoids the big 3 teams

Why we would have lost anyway
Original post by iamthetruth
Why we would have lost anyway

does that stop it being a good game?

Chelsea were given a hiding by them a few seasons ago. so it's not an easy game by any means

Yes any loss is a bad game for Arsenal
Obviously you guys would prefer a draw on Sunday, but if it was either a United win or Liverpool win, who would you go with?

On one hand, United are closer to you and them winning a game as big as this could propel them forward and start them on their way before their tough fixture list.

On the other hand, Liverpool are further back but with our crazy form and unbeaten run, along with us playing you the game after, surely you wouldn't want to face us after we won our biggest game of the season?

The way I see it, we'll beat United then lose to you.
I'd probably take that.
Original post by Lúcio
Obviously you guys would prefer a draw on Sunday, but if it was either a United win or Liverpool win, who would you go with?

On one hand, United are closer to you and them winning a game as big as this could propel them forward and start them on their way before their tough fixture list.

On the other hand, Liverpool are further back but with our crazy form and unbeaten run, along with us playing you the game after, surely you wouldn't want to face us after we won our biggest game of the season?

I'd probably take that.

To be fair I wouldn't mind a twisting the knife scenario. By that I mean, United beat you and so do we. That way we send you boys crashing out the top 4 and derailing the hype train.
Original post by zxh800
To be fair I wouldn't mind a twisting the knife scenario. By that I mean, United beat you and so do we. That way we send you boys crashing out the top 4 and derailing the hype train.

Meh, we may be hyped but don't you think it's justified?
Considering at xmas we were in 10th place and 9 points off top 4?
We haven't lost a league game in 2015; I'd say we can be as hyped as we want to.
Original post by Lúcio

I'd probably take that.

agree with above, would rather both us and united beat you than you lot draw. Would probably end your confidence and I still expect Utd to drop needless points elsewhere anyway leading for us to runaway with at least 3rd.

In reality youll probably beat Utd and we'll draw/beat you.
Original post by iamthetruth
Yes any loss is a bad game for Arsenal

I never said it would be a good game for arsenal. I said it would be a good game. Difference
Original post by Lúcio

I'd probably take that.

Liverpool win since United are only a point of us. Despite your form I still think we will win you at the Emirates anyway based on our form. United finishing outside of top 4 with all the money spent would be :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would take a loss to Liverpool in the league if we went on to beat them in the FA cup final (if both teams reach it).

As for Lacazette, two years ago he scored 3 in 31 games, so let's wait to see if he's a one season wonder or if he's here to stay. For all we know, he could be the next Alexandre Pato.
Original post by Arkasia
I would take a loss to Liverpool in the league if we went on to beat them in the FA cup final (if both teams reach it).

As for Lacazette, two years ago he scored 3 in 31 games, so let's wait to see if he's a one season wonder or if he's here to stay. For all we know, he could be the next Alexandre Pato.

Would never take a loss vs the scouse scum.
Original post by angelfox
Would never take a loss vs the scouse scum.

Amen.
Original post by Arkasia

Two years ago he was 20/21 years old so I doubt it's just the mere fact of being a one season wonder that's caused such a massive improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5075
I'd much rather Man U lose than Liverpool. If Man U get in the top four they won't have any problem attracting world-beating players, but even if Liverpool make top four I don't think they'll be able to buy players of the same quality. Champions League Man U is more dangerous than Champions League Liverpool.

I'd rather Arsenal finished 4th with Man U 5th or below than Arsenal 2nd with Man U in the CL places.
TBH United would probably do more with their CL spot than Liverpool, so for the sake of our coefficient, I'd rather they got fourth.
Original post by AR_95
Two years ago he was 20/21 years old so I doubt it's just the mere fact of being a one season wonder that's caused such a massive improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's also been a good 18 months for him, and more recently an astonishing 12. Would be a great buy for you lot tbh.

Also I said that in my thread. We're the best English club in Europe.
Original post by Arkasia
TBH United would probably do more with their CL spot than Liverpool, so for the sake of our coefficient, I'd rather they got fourth.

Our 4th spot is safe or at least a few seasons yet,, it would take 3 incredible seasons from the Italian league and another 3 awful seasons from us for them to take our spot.
Original post by Arkasia

You never know man.

I would agree that United getting CL would bring in more general quality, however you've seen what we can do if Rodgers gets a system working.

Admittedly we've been awful in Europe this season, however if we got top 4 and brought in more quality in the summer, I feel like we'd do much better.

Let's not forget that this time we don't need squad depth; we can literally just improve our first team quality now.

Latest