The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dental17
:afraid:

You see the startling similarities between now and 5 years ago? United won the league back then but with the lowest pts total for 10 years so they weren't really that good. We could have taken them to the distance but then came our piss poor league cup final. It resulted in 12 points from our last 10 league games and our good players back then itching to leave. If exactly the same happens, we'd be most likely finishing seventh (63 pts or less only finished 4th in a single pl season) and Ozil's potential departure proves that money is only one thing. We don't have the other thing called ambition and that is what fans who pay the country's most expensive football tickets demand.
You're all forgetting that AFTV immediately balances out any brownie points your fans earned paying that much money.
Cech out for 4 weeks. That'll be 3 months then.
Ozil leaving might become a big possibility tbh. Maybe even Sanchez but I'm sure Arsenal will try offer them big contracts to tie their futures down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Notice how injury affects our form even after the injured players return. They just can't recapture their best form after a long term injury.
Original post by David Brent.
Cech out for 4 weeks. That'll be 3 months then.

Lmao
oooooooooooooooooooooooooospina
Wenger's lost it
Can't wait for Jack to come back in April and rescue our top 4 hopes, then try and deck a **** 10x his size and get injured again
Reply 5229
Wasn't he supposed to be back for Barca away? Jack gave an interview a little while back. Typical bland interview; maybe a bit more depressed than usual. Players say nothing interesting any more.
We should start Elneny and Iwobi tomorrow. Since we have nothing to lose against Spurs (apart from the match obvs)
Disappointing performances as of lately.
Original post by shawn_o1
We should start Elneny and Iwobi tomorrow. Since we have nothing to lose against Spurs (apart from the match obvs)

Wenger making a brave decision? Upsetting Ramsey or Sanchez? Pssssht never lol
Original post by dental17
Wenger making a brave decision? Upsetting Ramsey or Sanchez? Pssssht never lol

I can tell Ramsey has had an awful 2016 whenever he has played. He was good for 70 minutes against Barca, that's all. Meanwhile Elneny has been to WHL before with Basel and drew 2-2 against a comparable Spurs side (they still had Bale back then), so I think he'll be pumped for this:wink:
Same applies to Sanchez. He hasn't impressed at all since his return from injury so we should let our youngster seize his chance :smile:
Original post by shawn_o1
I can tell Ramsey has had an awful 2016 whenever he has played. He was good for 70 minutes against Barca, that's all. Meanwhile Elneny has been to WHL before with Basel and drew 2-2 against a comparable Spurs side (they still had Bale back then), so I think he'll be pumped for this:wink:
Same applies to Sanchez. He hasn't impressed at all since his return from injury so we should let our youngster seize his chance :smile:

They are both infuriating to say the least...!!
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some work experience as an Arsenal fan? If I had that on my C.V. nobody would ever turn me down! If I can handle that I can work anywhere, perseverance is a major key!!
Reply 5236
Original post by Dirtybit
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some work experience as an Arsenal fan? If I had that on my C.V. nobody would ever turn me down! If I can handle that I can work anywhere, perseverance is a major key!!

Tomorrow will be a draw I reckon
huge huge game today.

Win and we are 3pts off the top, level with spurs in 2nd, and putting pressure on leicster before their away game later in the day.. Spurs meanwhile take a hit to their confidence, before they enter a final 9 fixtures that are harder then any of the other top4.

Loose/draw and we give united the chance to reduce the gap to 1pt between us and them.. we fall 6pts behind spurs, maybe 9pts behind 1st, and find ourselves right in the middle of a top4 battle with united, and maybe even west ham if they can win today..

1 game will define our aspirations for the rest of the season, between just a top4 place, or rescuing any small fragment of hope for a title challenge.

--

Personally.. I think we are ****ed. I went into swansea and united so conffident, because I believed we would turn the tide, and our form would return. But today, I just dont feel it, especially with our recent record against spurs, and no Cech. My prediction is 3-1 spurs. They go 2 up quickly in the first half.. we pull one back, but as we pile more and more men forward, they destroy us on the counter and end the game.

Wont be here for the first half though, am meant to be giving a guest lecture at a uni this evening. No idea what on, they said i can pick.. maybe just talk to them about football for an hour....
Heck I'd even have us finish out of the top 4 this season. Change is so badly needed at the club

In 2013-14 the Liverpool away game knocked us off the top, while the Chelsea away game ended our title challenge. This year the same fixture knocked us off the top, and it'll be today's game or West Ham away that ends our title challenge for good.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest