The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm glad I'm not alone :smile: what have you applied for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

History (so admittedly not as bad as medicine :tongue:) and so far at Cambridge, Durham and LSE although I will add choices later :smile:, yourself?
Original post by Lucy96
Are you serious?! :colondollar: yes please! I can go and see the dinosaurs now!

Of course :biggrin: just be careful
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, I guess so. For me it'd just be getting things out the way because I can perform the same whether it's now or then because we'll have finished content by then anyway.

Well you'd be surprised. Exam difficulty can vary a lot each season, as long as you're prepared though, you should be fine. I can't believe we're even thinking about exams at this time
That was the other college, it's changed again.

Ohh I see, what's WJEC like?

Original post by keromedic
From the discussion on here, it seems 16 exams is unusual :tongue:

I think I only had that at GCSE! I also thought eleven was bad, but your list is ridiculously long...
I hope so. thnx anyway :h:
Original post by lilGem
it'll be okay :hugs:
Original post by furryface12

I think I only had that at GCSE! I also thought eleven was bad, but your list is ridiculously long...

Fair enough. It's because I'm doing AFM AS, A2 and AS FM, A2 chem, A2 music and A2 bio.
Reply 5345
To anyone who is resitting an AS module, what did you put down for that subject's AS grade on your UCAS form?

I only ask because I'm applying for English and resitting my AS exam. If I don't give any grades for English except for my GCSE ones, it's not going to give a great impression is it? :s-smilie:
Original post by Pandora.
To anyone who is resitting an AS module, what did you put down for that subject's AS grade on your UCAS form?

I only ask because I'm applying for English and resitting my AS exam. If I don't give any grades for English except for my GCSE ones, it's not going to give a great impression is it? :s-smilie:

I was told to put my AS modules down, even for the module I'm resitting, so it looks like the first image. Then for my A2 details, put down each module including AS, but instead of entering my module grade for the one I'm resitting, leave it pending (as shown by the second image)Screenshot 2013-10-19 at 22.52.56 - Edited.pngScreenshot 2013-10-19 at 22.52.12 - Edited.png

Hopefully my teacher was right :colondollar:
Reply 5347
Original post by Lucy96
I was told to put my AS modules down, even for the module I'm resitting, so it looks like the first image. Then for my A2 details, put down each module including AS, but instead of entering my module grade for the one I'm resitting, leave it pending (as shown by the second image)Screenshot 2013-10-19 at 22.52.56 - Edited.pngScreenshot 2013-10-19 at 22.52.12 - Edited.png

Hopefully my teacher was right :colondollar:
Ah, ok! That makes sense, thanks a lot. :smile: I'll run that by my tutor to see what he thinks. To be honest, my Lit coursework mark wasn't exactly outstanding but it's not like I'm applying for Cambridge so it shouldn't matter too much. :tongue:

PRSOM :h:
Original post by Pandora.
Ah, ok! That makes sense, thanks a lot. :smile: I'll run that by my tutor to see what he thinks. To be honest, my Lit coursework mark wasn't exactly outstanding but it's not like I'm applying for Cambridge so it shouldn't matter too much. :tongue:

PRSOM :h:

You're welcome! :smile: Yeah I'd check just to make sure it's right. Exactly, you needn't worry m'dear :tongue:

Aw :h:
Reply 5349
Original post by Lucy96
Oh good! :woo: congratulations! Awwwww no, best of luck with it all :frown:

That's great :love: very exciting indeed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

I cannot wait :biggrin: it's been a month today since we last saw eachother and now I have him to myself for the weekend :woo:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Of course :biggrin: just be careful

Well you'd be surprised. Exam difficulty can vary a lot each season, as long as you're prepared though, you should be fine. I can't believe we're even thinking about exams at this time

I know :colonhash: kerons fault.

I have January mocks now.

Horrible :emo: AQA was much easier for me :erm:
I know :colonhash: kerons fault.

I have January mocks now.

Horrible :emo: AQA was much easier for me :erm:

I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
My college is doing a Jan mock week :biggrin:
I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
My college is doing a Jan mock week :biggrin:

Mine too :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really glad for that though. Let's me see how I'm doing and isn't spread over a month.
Original post by smile:D
History (so admittedly not as bad as medicine :tongue:) and so far at Cambridge, Durham and LSE although I will add choices later :smile:, yourself?

Medicine :biggrin:
Imperial, Newcastle, Leicester and HYMS

Then biochem at Bath as my 5th choice which I would like to hear back from sharpish! :biggrin:
I'm really glad for that though. Let's me see how I'm doing and isn't spread over a month.

True, it will be more work at the time but better in the long run, and at least it makes me do something over christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk
And you still managed those great grades! You're probably more prepared this time around so there's a positive to it

True :smile: I didn't find it tooooo bad actually, although I do wonder if I wouldn't have got that B in physics if I had done some jan modules....then again it was mainly down to the ISA that I didn't get an A so probably not!
True, it will be more work at the time but better in the long run, and at least it makes me do something over christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. I think today's the day I actually get stuff done during the weekend! :biggrin:
Indeed. I think today's the day I actually get stuff done during the weekend! :biggrin:

I hope it is for me too, got so much I need to do but given that I haven't even got out of bed yet it's looking unlikely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hola,

Buenos dias!

¿Como estas?

Are there any creatives out there; people that want to study Art, or Fashion design etc at university?
Or people that like to paint, or write, in their free time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest