The Student Room Group

If You Had The Money - would you study abroad?

Scroll to see replies

Yah, I'd love to study in the US or Germany. But am stuck here for the time-being... Ah, well..
Original post by green chica
the area around UCLA is really ghetto. my parents wouldn't even let my apply there. just sayin'. LA is general is ghetto, though.

I go to QMUL in East London. I'm use to people making poor stereotypes and then being subsequently surprised. Just sayin'
Original post by Future Doc
I go to QMUL in East London. I'm use to people making poor stereotypes and then being subsequently surprised. Just sayin'

no. trust me. i've been there every year. i live in california. LA isn't all what it's cracked up to be.
Original post by green chica
no. trust me. i've been there every year. i live in california. LA isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

Congrats but I've also been there to visit. I've also been to British Columbia in Canada. So these aren't two random places I just picked because they sound nice.

Thanks for the advice but forgive me if I don't take it
YES.
Reply 45
No, because I don't want to leave my friends and fam too far away.
Original post by Future Doc
Congrats but I've also been there to visit. I've also been to British Columbia in Canada. So these aren't two random places I just picked because they sound nice.

Thanks for the advice but forgive me if I don't take it

to each his own.
Have to wait three months for the poll to close.... by that time this thread will be on page 40
Bit of an odd question really OP, as studying abroad can actually work out cheaper. Most of us on the International students for 2011 entry thread will actually save money :smile:

Personally, I hope to start my degree in September (fingers, toes and everything else crossed :wink:) and it'll be nearly free. That said, I can't say money factored into my decision much, it was more of a nice bonus. I guess I would have to re-think if it were more expensive than studying here though :unsure:
Reply 49
I'd rather go to a top British uni, but Berlin would be damn tempting (as would many other cities).
Reply 50
No.
Reply 51
Well, already do, since I'm Finnish. But I'm in Scotland so it's no more expensive here than in Finland (in neither case don't need to pay tuition fees).
Yes i would! Probably in America. However, i don't think there's anything wrong with universities in the UK, i would like to study abroad just for the experience and freedom it give you.

If only i was rich enough...
Yes, but only in America/Canada/New Zealand/Australia/South Africa.
No I highly doubt it.
I dont really want to leave the UK, I have no aims to live in any other country (perhaps Italy.).

With all of the UK's faults, I wouldn't swap if for the world!
I dont see any benefit from studying abroad in any subject really...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending