Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Had The Money - would you study abroad? Watch

• View Poll Results: If You Had The Money - would you study abroad?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    Yah, I'd love to study in the US or Germany. But am stuck here for the time-being... Ah, well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    the area around UCLA is really ghetto. my parents wouldn't even let my apply there. just sayin'. LA is general is ghetto, though.
    I go to QMUL in East London. I'm use to people making poor stereotypes and then being subsequently surprised. Just sayin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future Doc)
    I go to QMUL in East London. I'm use to people making poor stereotypes and then being subsequently surprised. Just sayin'
    no. trust me. i've been there every year. i live in california. LA isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    no. trust me. i've been there every year. i live in california. LA isn't all what it's cracked up to be.
    Congrats but I've also been there to visit. I've also been to British Columbia in Canada. So these aren't two random places I just picked because they sound nice.

Thanks for the advice but forgive me if I don't take it

ReputationRep:
    YES.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I don't want to leave my friends and fam too far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future Doc)
    Congrats but I've also been there to visit. I've also been to British Columbia in Canada. So these aren't two random places I just picked because they sound nice.

Thanks for the advice but forgive me if I don't take it
    to each his own.

ReputationRep:
    Have to wait three months for the poll to close.... by that time this thread will be on page 40

ReputationRep:
    Bit of an odd question really OP, as studying abroad can actually work out cheaper. Most of us on the International students for 2011 entry thread will actually save money

Personally, I hope to start my degree in September (fingers, toes and everything else crossed ) and it'll be nearly free. That said, I can't say money factored into my decision much, it was more of a nice bonus. I guess I would have to re-think if it were more expensive than studying here though :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather go to a top British uni, but Berlin would be damn tempting (as would many other cities).

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Well, already do, since I'm Finnish. But I'm in Scotland so it's no more expensive here than in Finland (in neither case don't need to pay tuition fees).

ReputationRep:
    Yes i would! Probably in America. However, i don't think there's anything wrong with universities in the UK, i would like to study abroad just for the experience and freedom it give you.

If only i was rich enough...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but only in America/Canada/New Zealand/Australia/South Africa.

ReputationRep:
    No I highly doubt it.
    I dont really want to leave the UK, I have no aims to live in any other country (perhaps Italy.).

With all of the UK's faults, I wouldn't swap if for the world!
    I dont see any benefit from studying abroad in any subject really...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.