The Student Room Group

Auditioning for National Youth Theatre 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrSocSciences
None of that is new information to me. "They need to raise £1m+ p.a." It's their commercial reality, hence the importance of failed auditioners to their income stream.

what's your point?? it's an amazing charity which gives fantastic opportunities to young people. there's nothing else like it in the whole world. i mean, what's wrong with a scheme that's produced brilliant actors like helen mirren, colin firth, etc? there's really no need to bring a downer to this thread.
Original post by Aizenosa
Has anyone that auditioned gotten a reply yet?? :colonhash:

no i don't think we hear back until a week or two!! :-)
Original post by lovegoodjpg
what's your point?? it's an amazing charity which gives fantastic opportunities to young people. there's nothing else like it in the whole world. i mean, what's wrong with a scheme that's produced brilliant actors like helen mirren, colin firth, etc? there's really no need to bring a downer to this thread.

I'm not questioning their objectives. I'm simply drawing attention to their financial circumstances, which dictate certain strategic choices in order to develop necessary income-streams. Lets hope you channelled all of your palpable emotion into your audition.
Original post by DrSocSciences
I'm not questioning their objectives. I'm simply drawing attention to their financial circumstances, which dictate certain strategic choices in order to develop necessary income-streams. Lets hope you channelled all of your palpable emotion into your audition.

You must be fun at parties.

Or anywhere for that matter.
Original post by PAStudent1996
You must be fun at parties.

Amongst people I rate or like.
Reply 45
no i don't think we hear back until a week or two!! :-)

oh ok, thank you. I was getting so worried!
Original post by Aizenosa
oh ok, thank you. I was getting so worried!

i believe what they said was 'the end of april'. hopefully that's sooner than. april 31st at 11:59pm!!
No I haven't heard either! I reaally want to know though. Last year I found out on the 23rd and the year before on the 9th- so I guess it really could be any time in April. Best of luck!
i believe what they said was 'the end of april'. hopefully that's sooner than. april 31st at 11:59pm!!

Original post by shivani_10
No I haven't heard either! I reaally want to know though. Last year I found out on the 23rd and the year before on the 9th- so I guess it really could be any time in April. Best of luck!

I found out early May last year. It's all very dependant on how quickly they are getting everything sorted, best thing to do is sit back and wait, don't stress! :smile:
Hey guys, I received the email about half hour ago offering me a place on the senior course.

If anyone else is on the course say hi!!

Good luck everyone!
There's always next year.

No place this year but just have to try again!

Original post by sianmorgan124
Hey guys, I received the email about half hour ago offering me a place on the senior course.

Good luck everyone!

Well done!
I got placed on a 'first reserve list' for the junior course, I'm not expecting to get a place (who would turn down nyt?) but does anyone know what the deadline to get back regarding places is? Because I figured this is when I'd get an email if a place did become available.
Original post by sianmorgan124

Good luck everyone!

Well done!! :biggrin:
GUYS I GOT IN!! Junior course! So so happy! For all those that didn't, please don't be disheartened as this was my third time auditioning and they love to see people re-audition, don;t give up, I didn't and now it has paid off! Congratulations to all those who have got a place!
GUYS I GOT IN!! Junior course! So so happy! For all those that didn't, please don't be disheartened as this was my third time auditioning and they love to see people re-audition, don;t give up, I didn't and now it has paid off! Congratulations to all those who have got a place!

Congrats!

I second that: Never give up. I'm going for my third next year and hopefully that'll do it! :smile:

well done!! i didn't get in but this was my first time, so seeing this comment really made my day! hope you have an amazing time :-)
Reply 56
I'm auditioning for national youth theatre tomorrow but I'm not entirely sure what time I should be there for. There is a work shop at 10 so do I get there for 9 am? Also could someone let me know what to expect in the workshop just so I can prepare a little more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending