Turn on thread page Beta

Stupid reasons which made you choose a certain subject/option subject watch

ReputationRep:
    Chose Sociology Alevel because the teacher was banter but now I cannot stand it and it's essentially one of the worst subjects I've ever done.

At GCSE picked Music because I thought they'd teach you how to play an instrument
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They don't.

ReputationRep:
    Geography, because I had a spare option so was like eh why not? I've somehow ended up doing it for A2 xD

ReputationRep:
    Triple science because I had a spare option, big mistake!

It's ok now though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    Chose Sociology Alevel because the teacher was banter but now I cannot stand it and it's essentially one of the worst subjects I've ever done.

At GCSE picked Music because I thought they'd teach you how to play an instrument
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They don't.
    Whats wrong with sociology(not planning to take it,however seems a bit interesting)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Whats wrong with sociology(not planning to take it,however seems a bit interesting)
    Oh don't get me wrong, the content is interesting. You learn a lot about real life and it makes you a more well-rounded person in terms of you knowledge of society, but it's one of those subjects that have SO MUCH memorisation which is a given for Alevels but for this it just seems like such a waste. There are around 1000 names of sociologists + dates that their studies were published that you have to learn (no exaggeration). Some of them are ridiculously useless and just state the obvious e.g. Blah blah (1987) says that men and women do not have equal pay, which is something you could write from your own knowledge but you HAVE to include the sociologists name :sigh:
    It's such a badly thought out and structured subject in terms of Alevels.

ReputationRep:
    urdu because my family didnt want me to do btec business. im a-c currently/. excluding urdu in which i am an E and have a speaking exam tommorow in which ill probably get a F

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro4TLZZ)
    urdu because my family didnt want me to do btec business. im a-c currently/. excluding urdu in which i am an E and have a speaking exam tommorow in which ill probably get a F
    Languages
    Good luck with urdu

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread idea. :lol: Anyways, I'm pretty happy with all my options. I know, sad, but sorry. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JourneyToSuccess)
    I love this thread idea. :lol: Anyways, I'm pretty happy with all my options. I know, sad, but sorry. :giggle:
    Haha i'm really glad your glad with your options,i wish i could say the same.But what they hey,some of us were immature brats at the start of the school years and chose options for silliest reason(some which have come back to haunt us,others not so much as everything turned out okay )
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I picked Travel & Tourism at school, because I thought I was going to go to all these cool places. Alas, not.

ReputationRep:
    Picked art because I was better than anyone else at drawing.

Got a C because it was stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I chose economics with a dream of wanting to someday start a business when I'm older and seemed to fool myself in to thinking it would help despite also thinking it involved a lot of maths (I didn't like maths)

Nothing to do with maths at GCSEs and absolutely hated it. Ended up getting a C (no surprise) and found out on results day (last week) that we were doing economics short course meaning I would only get half the number of GCSEs points for it, lucky I did alright in my GCSEs so could still do 4 subjects- phew 😅

ReputationRep:
    GCSE and AS Geography because I found it interesting... It's by far the most stressful subject ever

Also, not me specifically, but there are 6 of us taking AS Travel and Tourism, and someone persuaded 2 others to take because it would be fun. That person ended up leaving the school and the other 2 have regretted it throughout the whole year and have been so behind on coursework, don't think they'll be back for A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I picked Travel & Tourism at school, because I thought I was going to go to all these cool places. Alas, not.
    Haha .People at my school picked Geo for that same reason!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Haha .People at my school picked Geo for that same reason!
    Oh god, I picked Geography too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I picked Geography too.
    Thats a awesome choice.I do that too!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thats a awesome choice.I do that too!
    It went okay in the end; I got a good grade, probably only 'alright' on here.

ReputationRep:
    this isn't really a subject but I started to play the clarinet because squidward played it on spongebob

ReputationRep:
    It went okay in the end; I got a good grade, probably only 'alright' on here.
    Well TSR alright and real life is really different

Which A levels do you do

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.