The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by aamirac
The hours make days, the days make the months, months make the years, we all differ.(Plus I think I'm on your list so I have to get them!)
I know right! So much work yet such little time.:wink:That's right Z! WE CAN DO THIS! WE WILL GET THOSE A'S!

YES comeon we can DO IT! Hey... even if we don't get what we want, we'll be fine cos we can say we gave it our best shot - no regrets yaknow? we'll be alright :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by z33
yeah i know someone who got an offer for an AAB course but were predicted BBC

Wow that's some reassurance, they must have had a really good PS. Did they get the grades? One of the big things I'm worried about is my personal statement as well because it's hard for me to 'big myself up' :s-smilie:
Original post by z33
Haha awhhhh well it shows that hardwork does pay off!! I'm glad you did well and I hope you still do and that you'll get to go to the uni you wanna go to :biggrin: hopefully the exams are easy and the boundaries are low this year :tongue: I'm gonna try and get high As in my mocks so I can slap my teachers for predicting me BBB - literally the only thing motivating me right now hahaha

Awh thank you! XDD And yeses! I believee in you! :biggrin:DDD Show them how wrong they are! :wink:
Original post by z33
YES comeon we can DO IT! Hey... even if we don't get what we want, we'll be fine cos we can say we gave it our best shot - no regrets yaknow? we'll be alright :smile:

That's the spirit!
I'm pretty adamant on getting AAA this year. But yeah. Don't see why we shouldn't get AAA though. Your hard work will pay off!
(btw I'm doing a mixture of A level and AS/A2, the new system)
Original post by z33
oh trust me i know - i cry to my mum every night she doesn't even bother consoling me anymore hahaha. Literally so stressed I can't even look at the textbooks without feeling nauseous :afraid: hopefully we'll be okay :redface:

I feel like that. Like my heart starts beating fast and everything. :frown: But I suppose it's better to be stressed that to not give a **** :smile:
Original post by Pandorax
Heheh! ;D And oh sorry! That's what I meant, I write out my notes over and over again to memorise them! I then try rewrite them by memory! :P Yupyup, still pretty good tho! Ooo, I would recommend trying to predict the questions! I predicted the questions for my sociology official exam thingy, and 3 out of 4 of them came up in one paper and 2 on the other! I got 100% 1st paper and 99% 2nd paper so I would highly recommend doing that! :biggrin:
Hmmm. A faster way? I guess it depends on your style of learning, maybe watch videos or speak out the notes repeatedly?

How do you predict, like who, what, where, when and why for every topic? I have heard that's good to do for essay subjects.
Reply 46
Original post by ozzie2
Wow that's some reassurance, they must have had a really good PS. Did they get the grades? One of the big things I'm worried about is my personal statement as well because it's hard for me to 'big myself up' :s-smilie:

well they just got the offer so we'll see come August :wink: point is - they got the offer! Their PS wasn't anything special tbh I read it haha I know it's super hard to brag about yourself in the PS but think of it like the only chance you get to tell someone how much this course means to you, and why they should pick you :smile: just make yourself come across as confident and knowledgable as well as motivated and hardworking - not arrogant lol. They'd be stupid to turn someone down like that :3 good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by z33
whoa - guess we have a lifetime to get where we wanna be then :tongue: haha I can't even climb my Chemistry mountains - they're more like a cliff that I might end up falling off :3 Hey atleast you're improving! I'm stuck on a C! It's like if I don't try I get a C, if I work my arse off ... I get a C. So frustrating -_-

Hmmm i was so sure on Medicine but then I guess I realised that I would never stand a chance against those applicants and idk if I'd be willing to be at uni for 5 years straight (excluding the F1 and F2 years) like... if I can't even cope now with A-levels, idk how I'd cope at uni. But it still fascinates me. That's why I changed to pharmacy because I still get to work in Healthcare, help people, and it's got a lot of Chemistry and drugs in it which I find really interesting (not those kinda drugs lol). But now I've been looking at Computer Science and stuff. Arghhhh I can't decide!!! Either way all the courses I've been looking at want AAB minimum so still need to get those grades haha no way around it :tongue:

What about you? What do you wanna do?

Yeah, Chem is like that, you don't revise...have a C:angry:. Oh, you revised for this test?.....F you..still have a C:no::angry:! Its like the concepts need you to be really insanely clever:frown: :nn:and the timing is probably like this:

E - 1 to 2 hours of revision:smile:
D - 3 to 4 hours:tongue:
C- 5 to 50 hours:wtf::wtf:
B- 60 to 100 hours:nope::nope:
A- Its not even banter at this point:nooo::nooo:
Full marks- Its more likely UKIP open up extra immigration halls with caviar+£50 notes raining down and that Taylor Swift actually has a bad personality.

You'd still help people if you did medicine :smile:(and I'm sure you could achieve it-you just need to make your school work as good as your TSR posts:biggrin:) but I suppose you'd never get to play with drugs then:frown:. (not those kinda drugs lol:biggrin:) Computer science would be cool, at least (hopefully) you can sit down and switch betweens tabs on FB/Ytube and TSR at the same time as 'working'. :wink:

Personally I want to do something adrenaline based.:007: Y'know, like real talk, some bad ass exciting stuff :woo: that just makes me frontflip outta bed every morning for dayys!:w00t::excited:

So...I'm doing accountancy (sigh).

It wasn't forced on me but it just makes more sense the more I think about it, there's a course that pays your tuition fees effectively and gives you time and exp abroad for a year) and can give you a 'charted' status (like a PhD for science so real good) and also whip you into the biggest companies for guaranteed employment.

Thing is, I want to be happy with my life obviously, but I want my (future) children and my wife to have a happy life more if you know what I mean? :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by High Stakes
Good :ahee::borat:

I'll be waiting. When August 13th/14th comes by, I expect you to be happy. :blush: Otherwise, you will face the consequences. :bhangra::fuhrer:

I will report back to you on that dreaded day. I hope we all happy! :h:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How do you predict, like who, what, where, when and why for every topic? I have heard that's good to do for essay subjects.

I predict questions in various ways
-I look at past papers, copy the style and look at the exam content, then I write myself questions which are likely to come up based on that
-You can find predictions online by teachers which also helps
Reply 50
Awh thank you! XDD And yeses! I believee in you! :biggrin:DDD Show them how wrong they are! :wink:

dw lol :tongue: hopefully it works! thank you :biggrin:

Original post by aamirac
That's the spirit!
I'm pretty adamant on getting AAA this year. But yeah. Don't see why we shouldn't get AAA though. Your hard work will pay off!
(btw I'm doing a mixture of A level and AS/A2, the new system)

Yeah we can do it like A-levels are nothing, millions do it every year and we're not any different from everyone else so why can't we do it :tongue: Hopefully it will! :biggrin: ooh are you in year 12 or 13? and what subjects
I predict questions in various ways
-I look at past papers, copy the style and look at the exam content, then I write myself questions which are likely to come up based on that
-You can find predictions online by teachers which also helps

I see :h: I will be doing the same very soon! :biggrin:
Original post by ForestShadow
Y

Full marks- Its more likely UKIP open up extra immigration halls with caviar+£50 notes raining down and that Taylor Swift actually has a bad personality.

LMFAO that made me laugh XD
Reply 53
Original post by ForestShadow
Yeah, Chem is like that, you don't revise...have a C:angry:. Oh, you revised for this test?.....F you..still have a C:no::angry:! Its like the concepts need you to be really insanely clever:frown: :nn:and the timing is probably like this:

You'd still help people if you did medicine :smile:(and I'm sure you could achieve it-you just need to make your school work as good as your TSR posts:biggrin:) but I suppose you'd never get to play with drugs then:frown:. (not those kinda drugs lol:biggrin:) Computer science would be cool, at least (hopefully) you can sit down and switch betweens tabs on FB/Ytube and TSR at the same time as 'working'. :wink:

Personally I want to do something adrenaline based.:007: Y'know, like real talk, some bad ass exciting stuff :woo: that just makes me frontflip outta bed every morning for dayys!:w00t::excited:

So...I'm doing accountancy (sigh).

It wasn't forced on me but it just makes more sense the more I think about it, there's a course that pays your tuition fees effectively and gives you time and exp abroad for a year) and can give you a 'charted' status (like a PhD for science so real good) and also whip you into the biggest companies for guaranteed employment.

Thing is, I want to be happy with my life obviously, but I want my (future) children and my wife to have a happy life more if you know what I mean? :s-smilie:

Hahaha this x1000000. You're so funny :lol: it's crazy amounts of work to do but idk... we'll manage right? Yupp that's the plan, just browsing TSR then being like whut no I was workin :3 hahaha

Yes I want something exciting something GRAND something that will make me LOVE LIVING - I just can't decide what lol. Everything seems like it would get boring at one point - which is why I've wanted to go into Physics before too cos technology advances and new things are being invented and discovered every day and it's just so cool especially astrophysics but I'm not a maths person and I can't think like that so that will never happen lol :tongue:

Going abroad sounds exciting and working for big companies does too! Hey you could do YouTube or something and that could get you places too :biggrin: I know you want your future family to have good lives but you can do both at the same time! There's no reason why you couldn't. And you have like 70 years ahead of you to do what you wanna do so it's alright :tongue: you'll be fine, with your attitude and humour and your personality you'd be loved by everyone so you'll make loads of great exciting connections with people and it will be fun and exciting! :biggrin: good luck :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
I felt a bit of stress during A2 (I got upset during one of the exams over something trivial that the supervisor was doing) but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you can make things easier for yourself by doing bits of work over time rather than cramming it all in at the last second.

Good luck! :rave::rave::rave:

Oh, and the really long summer! If you're lucky, that's around 3 months!

Please share!
Original post by z33

Yeah we can do it like A-levels are nothing, millions do it every year and we're not any different from everyone else so why can't we do it :tongue: Hopefully it will! :biggrin: ooh are you in year 12 or 13? and what subjects

We are different. Because we are going to get AAA
Yr 12. :redface: I do Physics A level (AQA), Geography (AQA) and Government and Politics (Edexcel)
Original post by aamirac
(Plus I think I'm on your list so I have to get them!)

Indeed. Updated the thread. Your time is coming.
Reply 57
Original post by aamirac
We are different. Because we are going to get AAA
Yr 12. :redface: I do Physics A level (AQA), Geography (AQA) and Government and Politics (Edexcel)

Yes of course!!

oh god good luck with that seems hard! Especially physics! But you'll be fine :wink: just stay on top of your stuff :tongue:

I did bio, chem, phys, computing last year and got BCCB (shameful, i know haha) and I dropped physics (never again hahaha) trying to pull the rest up to AAA :biggrin:
Original post by z33
Yes of course!!

oh god good luck with that seems hard! Especially physics! But you'll be fine :wink: just stay on top of your stuff :tongue:

I did bio, chem, phys, computing last year and got BCCB (shameful, i know haha) and I dropped physics (never again hahaha) trying to pull the rest up to AAA :biggrin:

Nah I love Physics. It's my favorite. I didn't think it would be but when you have it everyday with a great teacher can't help it.
I wish I got to do Computing! I loved it at GCSE and always wanted to pursue it further but no one in my area offered it :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Please share!

It was my 12th or 13th exam out of 14, all within the space of a month. Physics, to make it worse. I was sat right at the front, and a teacher was in front of me, cutting up pieces of paper in preparation for her next lesson for Year 7 or something.

So it was this really quiet exam hall (our library because there were only about 6 of us) and I was finding the paper difficult, and adrenaline was pumping from being in the exam, and in my head the sound of her cutting up paper was much louder than it was, so I was frustrated at how difficult the paper was and kind of projected it onto her, because I got a headache during the exam and thought that it was her fault.

I walked out, made a complaint about her to senior staff and the head teacher was called and everything, and he said fine and let the exams officer file for mitigating circumstances, provided I got a note from the doctor.. Which they wouldn't give me but anyway.

I think all of that happened because I cracked under the pressure of doing that many exams.

Bit of a low point in my life to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest