The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
im so academic
In my opinion Cambridge.

OK then. Just out of interest, why did you make this thread? I swear you're not even doing your GCSEs yet.

Personally, I would go to Cambridge. London is far to expensive and impersonal. Having said that, there are many advantages with going to LSE.
Reply 41
skagitup
obviously entirely grounded in personal opinion, but the location is far more vibrant and, for economics, LSE is arguably more prestigious than Cambridge internationally. any other subject and i'd take Cambridge in a heartbeat, but for economics it's gotta be LSE.

I think this sums it up. While everybody would be impressed with any degree from Cambridge, an Economics degree from the London School of Economics can't really be topped IMO.
UltimateJ
OK then. Just out of interest, why did you make this thread? I swear you're not even doing your GCSEs yet.

Personally, I would go to Cambridge. London is far to expensive and impersonal. Having said that, there are many advantages with going to LSE.

Such as...
Reply 43
i'd go for cambridge. because i don't really like london.
Reply 44
im so academic
Such as...

1. Being near to some of the best night clubs in the world.
2. Being near to some of the best shopping locations in the world.
3. Being at the university with the biggest social science library in the world.
4. Being near to famous/wonderful sites and things to do, e.g. museums, stadiums... yadayadayada.
5. Being at a university with exceptionally high graduate prospects/starting salaries (very often, if not most of the time higher than Cambridge.)
and the list could go on and on...
Reply 45
LSE, simply because of the average starting salary after graduation! Much higher than Cambridge (15k higher)
LSE is in a better location (and easier for someone living in/near London) and might have slightly better employment prospects for an IB wannabe because of this, and because like 50% of LSE grads go into IB. But I think that Cambridge's course and teaching would be of much higher quality. I would choose LSE for location and it may be perceived as more competitive and impressive for straight Economics.

Latest

Trending

Trending