The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaaayxp
Heyy :smile: I do sociology as well. What's your other topic?

Awesome! Families and households, education and the other a2 topic is beliefs in society!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise12307
Awesome! Families and households, education and the other a2 topic is beliefs in society!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhjm I'm doing everything the same except for beliefs on society- instead I'm going stratification...

What are your other subjects?
Ahhjm I'm doing everything the same except for beliefs on society- instead I'm going stratification...

What are your other subjects?

Ohhhh is it interesting? And politics and philosophy and ethics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhhh is it interesting? And politics and philosophy and ethics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have only been doing crime and deviance so far so all I know about stratification is that it's something to do with inequality!
We have only been doing crime and deviance so far so all I know about stratification is that it's something to do with inequality!

Seriously?! We have a teacher for each topic and have been covering lessons on both - how do you guys have time to learn everything ?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously?! We have a teacher for each topic and have been covering lessons on both - how do you guys have time to learn everything ?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have two teachers but they have both been teaching crime and deviance. We are almost near the end of the topic and then I'm guessing that one teacher is going to do theory and methods and then the other is going to do the other topic. Im not too fussed as long as we finish learning things in time :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing all the same topics in Sociology as you :smile: I also only have one teacher and it's actually not that uncommon. We've nearly finished Beliefs in Society since that's the only A2 topic we've done so far.
The deed is done. I have paid and sent my UCAS application to my referee. Eeeek.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
The deed is done. I have paid and sent my UCAS application to my referee. Eeeek.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember the feeling. Good luck - but you shouldn't need it :smile:
Reply 689

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now the waiting begin!!! Good Luck!👍
got an email saying there's been a change on my track.... and guess what! UCAS IS UNDER MAINTENANCE :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAMEEEE! WOOOH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chief_98
got an email saying there's been a change on my track.... and guess what! UCAS IS UNDER MAINTENANCE :frown:

Argh poor you, that must be so frustrating! I just saw on their website that it's under maintenance until tomorrow so I can't even login to finish mine to submit it on Monday.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Argh poor you, that must be so frustrating! I just saw on their website that it's under maintenance until tomorrow so I can't even login to finish mine to submit it on Monday.

hoping for another offer 😆! anyway good luck with your application. how much have you got left to do on ucas?
If anyone is applying to Durham and wants to know what the city/county/local area is like just ask me, I'm a local (I live in a town very near Durham city and my college has links with Durham, Newcastle and Northumbria unis so we get a lot of info about those unis). I've applied to Durham myself (it's my first, but hopefully second or third choice depending on how things go).
Original post by SteamboatMickey
If anyone is applying to Durham and wants to know what the city/county/local area is like just ask me, I'm a local (I live in a town very near Durham city and my college has links with Durham, Newcastle and Northumbria unis so we get a lot of info about those unis). I've applied to Durham myself (it's my first, but hopefully second or third choice depending on how things go).

How near is the train station to the University?
Original post by gingerboyben

We hadn't visited the main uni site before the Open Day, but when we did it was connected with pretty good bus links from the station (although they may have been set up especially).

As far as I know it takes around 20 minutes to get to the main uni site, e.g. to get to Bill Bryson library.
Some of the departments are near the Cathedral, but seriously it isn't a problem getting around Durham city/university.
There are good inner-city bus links, and you can walk it provided you haven't any mobility disorders.
It is quite a hilly terrain, but it's quite a small city. I was able to walk around it, and I struggle walking for more than 30 minutes.
I think there may have been a department a bit further away but I honestly can't remember as I haven't to that part.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chief_98
hoping for another offer 😆! anyway good luck with your application. how much have you got left to do on ucas?

Good luck, fingers crossed it will be! Thank you! I just have to put in my 5 choices and then I'm done :smile:
Original post by gingerboyben

Original post by SteamboatMickey
We hadn't visited the main uni site before the Open Day, but when we did it was connected with pretty good bus links from the station (although they may have been set up especially).

As far as I know it takes around 20 minutes to get to the main uni site, e.g. to get to Bill Bryson library.
Some of the departments are near the Cathedral, but seriously it isn't a problem getting around Durham city/university.
There are good inner-city bus links, and you can walk it provided you haven't any mobility disorders.
It is quite a hilly terrain, but it's quite a small city. I was able to walk around it, and I struggle walking for more than 30 minutes.
I think there may have been a department a bit further away but I honestly can't remember as I haven't to that part.

I'm not a local, but from my experience (the Open Day), I agree with SteamboatMickey - it was around a 20-30 minute walk through the city to the Bill Bryson library end. We took the bus back to the station and it took around 15 minutes (lots of traffic due to roadworks).
My head of sixth form is sending my application off to UCAS Monday morning.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest