The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7740
Leaked team sheet was correct then
Looks like the leak was right then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7742
so people think Can is playing RCB right? I missed the Burnley game, apparently he played there in the second half against them. Did he seem like he's up to the task?
Original post by Lúcio
It isn't "only" Swansea; they're looking strong this season and they've won their last 2 games.
It would be foolish to underestimate them even at Anfield.
As a result i'm not entirely confident but given that most of the teams around us dropped points and that we're at home, there is absoltely no excuse for anything less than 3 points tonight.

Don't forget they're above you in the league as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cBay
so people think Can is playing RCB right? I missed the Burnley game, apparently he played there in the second half against them

I guess that'll be his position considering the leak got the team sheet right. He played well when he came on for the second half so I personally won't be worried if he is RCB.
Original post by mr tim
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Manquillo, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Toure, Gerrard, Markovic, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini

that's isn't too bad.
will be interesting to see Can starting at CB.
hopefully he won't be bullied by players like bony.

nice to have the option to bring on gerrard, markovic and balotelli/lambert in the second half if we need a change.
if we play anything like we played against burnley though, it isn't gonna be nice.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Luke. Read my post again and you'll notice I put apostrophes over the word 'only' :colonhash:
Yeah generally agree with you on that one, anything less than three points would be comical. Plus I'd rather you drew or won....Swansea are only like 3/4 points behind us :tongue: Although in the long term I'd probably look back and wish you lost.

i wasn't taking a shot at you, soz :cool:

swansea aren't a "comical" team to draw/lose against, but neither should we be dropping points here.
nah, in the long run any arsenal fan should be hoping liverpool drop points.
over the course of the season, it's more likely that swansea/soton/west ham will drop away and arsenal's competition for top 4 (if any) will be from liverpool and/or spurs.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

precisely.
i made a note before this weekend that arsenal and liverpool were both up aganst teams above them in the league.

they aren't up there by accident - don't just see them as midtabled teams; see them as your rivals and play like you would against one.
Reply 7747
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's not saying much
Original post by Fideo
that's not saying much

*insert Carl Banterson meme*
I have no idea what's going on with this lineup.
Reply 7750
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I have no idea what's going on with this lineup.

3-4-3:

Lallana - Sterling - Coutinho

Moreno - Lucas - Henderson - Manquillo

Sakho - Skrtel - Can

Mignolet

simplez.

Can easily be switched to any formation in the world though
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7751
As expected, Kolo is in the Ivory Coast squad for African Cup of Nations. Apparently this is the second last round of games before players leave for it. Lovren should be back from injury soon though.
That pass <3

Can needs to be attacking imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
decent start if i'm honest - i do quite like this system although we'll see if it gets us the points.
Lallana should of scored that.
Original post by samir12
Lallana should of scored that.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bloody hell, they have flappyhandski :/

we're looking really good here, sterling in particular is tearing them apart.
but we need a goal to show for it; lallana needs to get that on target.
morennooo@@@@
YES!!!
MORENO!

we deserved that.
glad because swansea were building in confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest