The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
seaons is starting to look quite simple..

Loose to chelsea

Draw with united

Beat liverpool/villa in the final.

Job done, good season, move on.

You'll hold Chelsea to a draw as well as United imo. Winning the FA cup and finishing second should be seen as a good season especially after your horrible start to the season.

3 horse title race next season imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
You'll hold Chelsea to a draw as well as United imo. Winning the FA cup and finishing second should be seen as a good season especially after your horrible start to the season.

3 horse title race next season imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

really dont know about next season to be honest..

I never predicted chelsea would be so dominant this season (after last season was such a 4 team race for most of it)

But yeah.. trophy and 2nd is good..

Honestly think the most likely scenario for us is drawing against chelsea, and loosing to you guys at OT - which would give you 2nd.. (presuming all other games are won)
Original post by Mr Smurf
If Szczesny made a howler which cost us a final would supporters of other teams feel sorry for him?

In my opinion it would've just topped off a pretty crap game for arsenal, they just weren't playing to their usual standard

Posted from TSR Mobile
right.. well.. now time to actually find out how things went yesterday..

How badly did we play?

Seemed like ozil did well? and sanchez now has 22 goals + 11 assists for the season :eek:

So what went wrong that meant we could only score 1 goal in 90 minutes against an out of form championship side?
Original post by fallen_acorns
right.. well.. now time to actually find out how things went yesterday..

How badly did we play?

Seemed like ozil did well? and sanchez now has 22 goals + 11 assists for the season :eek:

So what went wrong that meant we could only score 1 goal in 90 minutes against an out of form championship side?

Maybe Reading just "wanted it more" (even though them reaching the final means them qualifying for Europe if Liverpool also made the final and finished 6th in PL)
And league form is irrelevant, Portsmouth reached the final in the season they were relegated from PL
The players just weren't up to it I guess. By no means were we dominated or Reading were half as spectacular as people are trying to make out but our attacking play really lacked. It felt at times we reverted back to our defensive possession from last season which I was disappointed to see.

The overall play was very slow/lethargic. Bar for Alexis who never stops as it is but the game was dying out for Walcott as we struggled to get behind their defence often. I'm not really sure why Ramsey is being put out on RW either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gabriel gave me like 5 heart attack's (one for nearly scoring aswell)
And why are people so content we'll lose to Chelsea? Lmao
I think we'll get a draw. dull 0-0 or a 1-1.
We'll draw to Chelsea most likely, 0-0, or lose 1-0 after Bellerin gets skinned by Hazard and Mert gives away a pen or something stupid. On the flipside Mou might just feel the league is already won and really go for it to humiliate Wengs, but I can't see it happening. I don't know whether it's just out of hope, but I get the feeling Fabregas won't start, much easier for Mou to play Zouma and Matic holding with Oscar Willian and Hazard and just say Fab wasn't in the right frame of mind (which he probably won't be). Probably completely wrong and he'll score a hat-trick or some bull**** like that.

What showed most yesterday was how important our fullbacks are; Gibbs was ****e and Debuchy got skinned more times than I care to remember, although it's his first game back in months and only his 15th of the season, so it would be really unfair to judge him on that game. Wenger's fault for playing him in such an important game. Both Gabriel and Kosc showed they're decent in 2 v 1 situations which is promising as there's likely to be plenty of them next week.

[video="youtube;PuAJ9Y3VgSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuAJ9Y3VgSY[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
mert will most likely be out for chelsea and probably longer, left wembley in a boot last night and wenger said it didn't look good. would rather have bellerz in for debuchy next week too, might as well go and give them a game.
Bellerin will be absolutely shredded by Hazard. Debuchy's fit so I see no reason not to play him.
Play both and stop the **** show that is Ramsey at rw
the worst are the people actin like its a next level rave

gunshot riddim
Original post by The Assassin

Sweet Lord. This sums up our fanbase really. A bunch of grown men wearing replica tops singing that load of nonsense...don't even know what to say really. Arsenal Away Boyz I hope you all get AIDS. I really hate our fans, bunch of cringey embarrassing melts. Wish they'd all go and support Fulham/Reading or some other middle class team and let the proper fans with the right mentality go to matches.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Sweet Lord. This sums up our fanbase really. A bunch of grown men wearing replica tops singing that load of nonsense...don't even know what to say really. Arsenal Away Boyz I hope you all get AIDS. I really hate our fans, bunch of cringey embarrassing melts. Wish they'd all go and support Fulham/Reading or some other middle class team and let the proper fans with the right mentality go to matches.

You keep saying this.

Thing is that without these so called 'melts', we wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of revenue and we would become a Fulham/Reading. Be thankful that we have 'melts' and make money from them.
Dayum didn't realise you couldn't even use the term batty boi without the PC brigade going mental over it. Seems like only a few years ago you could use the term in the playground as a bit of banter, obviously not anymore....

That being said its completely cringeworthy
Liverpool losing :rofl:
Original post by midnightice
You keep saying this.

Thing is that without these so called 'melts', we wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of revenue and we would become a Fulham/Reading. Be thankful that we have 'melts' and make money from them.

These mongs weren't around when we were at Highbury, we did fine then. I hate these modern fans, I don't care if we only had 10 000 fans inside the ground if those 10 000 were proper. It's really not fun going to the match any more.

Latest