Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Every goalkeeper will have one of those in a season, and it's just a shame that his has come during the biggest match of his career on potentially the biggest stage he'll ever step on.
    Indeed, and it definitely doesn't help that it caused them to lose the match

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading </3

They did us proud...

...They did us proud.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Reading can certainly be content. Especially given their dreadful league form currently. Their season will peter out now. That's a shame for them, but the experience of Wembley today will hopefully propel them next year to a comfortable mid-table position in the Championship.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Reading can certainly be content. Especially given their dreadful league form currently. Their season will peter out now. That's a shame for them, but the experience of Wembley today will hopefully propel them next year to a comfortable mid-table position in the Championship.
    Yeah I reckon this could be the start of a good spell for Reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****. Just realised that with an fa cup final will probably come another awful cringeworthy "we are the might arsenal and we're going to Wemb-er-ley" video :eek:

Ah well, at least there won't be Sagna or Verm bringing the whole performance down, although no jenko either

ReputationRep:
    If Szczesny made a howler which cost us a final would supporters of other teams feel sorry for him?

ReputationRep:
    did not catch any of the games, as I was at a birthday party..

anyway.. we won. united lost. job done.

Will look into how both teams actually played tommorow

ReputationRep:
    seaons is starting to look quite simple..

Loose to chelsea

Draw with united

Beat liverpool/villa in the final.

Job done, good season, move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    seaons is starting to look quite simple..

Loose to chelsea

Draw with united

Beat liverpool/villa in the final.

Job done, good season, move on.
    You'll hold Chelsea to a draw as well as United imo. Winning the FA cup and finishing second should be seen as a good season especially after your horrible start to the season.

3 horse title race next season imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    You'll hold Chelsea to a draw as well as United imo. Winning the FA cup and finishing second should be seen as a good season especially after your horrible start to the season.

3 horse title race next season imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    really dont know about next season to be honest..

I never predicted chelsea would be so dominant this season (after last season was such a 4 team race for most of it)

But yeah.. trophy and 2nd is good..

Honestly think the most likely scenario for us is drawing against chelsea, and loosing to you guys at OT - which would give you 2nd.. (presuming all other games are won)
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    If Szczesny made a howler which cost us a final would supporters of other teams feel sorry for him?
    In my opinion it would've just topped off a pretty crap game for arsenal, they just weren't playing to their usual standard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    right.. well.. now time to actually find out how things went yesterday..

How badly did we play?

Seemed like ozil did well? and sanchez now has 22 goals + 11 assists for the season :eek:

So what went wrong that meant we could only score 1 goal in 90 minutes against an out of form championship side?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    right.. well.. now time to actually find out how things went yesterday..

How badly did we play?

Seemed like ozil did well? and sanchez now has 22 goals + 11 assists for the season :eek:

So what went wrong that meant we could only score 1 goal in 90 minutes against an out of form championship side?
    Maybe Reading just "wanted it more" (even though them reaching the final means them qualifying for Europe if Liverpool also made the final and finished 6th in PL)
    And league form is irrelevant, Portsmouth reached the final in the season they were relegated from PL

ReputationRep:
    The players just weren't up to it I guess. By no means were we dominated or Reading were half as spectacular as people are trying to make out but our attacking play really lacked. It felt at times we reverted back to our defensive possession from last season which I was disappointed to see.

The overall play was very slow/lethargic. Bar for Alexis who never stops as it is but the game was dying out for Walcott as we struggled to get behind their defence often. I'm not really sure why Ramsey is being put out on RW either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gabriel gave me like 5 heart attack's (one for nearly scoring aswell)

ReputationRep:
    And why are people so content we'll lose to Chelsea? Lmao

ReputationRep:
    I think we'll get a draw. dull 0-0 or a 1-1.

ReputationRep:
    We'll draw to Chelsea most likely, 0-0, or lose 1-0 after Bellerin gets skinned by Hazard and Mert gives away a pen or something stupid. On the flipside Mou might just feel the league is already won and really go for it to humiliate Wengs, but I can't see it happening. I don't know whether it's just out of hope, but I get the feeling Fabregas won't start, much easier for Mou to play Zouma and Matic holding with Oscar Willian and Hazard and just say Fab wasn't in the right frame of mind (which he probably won't be). Probably completely wrong and he'll score a hat-trick or some bull**** like that.

What showed most yesterday was how important our fullbacks are; Gibbs was ****e and Debuchy got skinned more times than I care to remember, although it's his first game back in months and only his 15th of the season, so it would be really unfair to judge him on that game. Wenger's fault for playing him in such an important game. Both Gabriel and Kosc showed they're decent in 2 v 1 situations which is promising as there's likely to be plenty of them next week.

ReputationRep:
    mert will most likely be out for chelsea and probably longer, left wembley in a boot last night and wenger said it didn't look good. would rather have bellerz in for debuchy next week too, might as well go and give them a game.

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin will be absolutely shredded by Hazard. Debuchy's fit so I see no reason not to play him.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.