The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
NEW HEAT!

KELLOGGS FRUIT N' FIBRE takes on NESTLE GOLDEN GRAHAMS!

These guys couldn't be more different! The first is a Bran-fuelled Sultanatastic medley that's been around since the beginning of time, whilst the second is an American that's been and gone more times than my neglegtive father (snivel)....

..nah, I kid, my dad's awesome. He looks a bit like Gregg Wallace.

Named for their resemblance to Graham Crackers (kinda like the closest thing the Murkans have to our Digestive Biscuits), Golden Grahams have come to our shelves, disappeared, reappeared, disappeared... and they're finally back for good!

But are they in the competition for good? Or are Fruit n' Fibre more... regular?
I do like fruit and fibre, even if it seems kinda dull..fruit? that can't be exciting, RIGHT? WRONG. This is a good breakfast treat. But it's kinda misleading in looking to be 'healthy'. Golden Grahams smash this one out of the park for me, they're one of my favourites. They taste like..like..a taste I can't even quite put my finger on, just like Golden Grahams! They're so good. I could probably destroy a whole box in one sitting if I were hungry enough.

GG's get my vote!
Reply 62
Not really a fan of either.. I'll go with Golden Grahams :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Froot n fibar

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.
Mmm golden Grahams <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Fruit n fibre. I don't like some of the dried fruit but love the raisins.
Fruit and fibre <3
Reply 67
Original post by TotoMimo
HEAT'S WINNER: NESTLE CHEERIOS!

Want to know something mental? In the US, their "Cheerios" are a honey-glazed same-grain hoop. They later introduced the "Multigrain Cheerios". When they wanted to bring Cheerios to the UK, they first opted for Multigrain Cheerios, which they renamed to "Multi Cheerios"(as they were known up until a few years ago). They later released "Cheerios" in the UK as "Cheerios." Then briefly afterwards, they inexplicably changed "Multi Cheerios" to "Cheerios", and "Cheerios" to "Honey Cheerios".

Which just goes to prove the inherent notion, that eternal fact, that I know too much about pointless rubbish.

I think I love you.

Golden Grahams for this round please :h:
Golden Grahams!

I like 2-in-1 products, but cereal-cum-laxative has never really worked for me.
Golden Grahams! :biggrin: They're very moreish...
Reply 70
WINNER OF THE HEAT: NESTLE GOLDEN GRAHAMS!

Fruit n' Fibre BRAN for the hills when it saw these guys shining! The Golden Grahams take the round two spot!

Ps, thank you for the compliments, my head grows by the second. At the minute, have to use a shopping trolley to rest it on just to get around.
Reply 71
NEXT HEAT:

KELLOGGS CRUNCHY NUT CLUSTERS battles KELLOGGS KRAVE!

I mean, both are more a pudding than a breakfast, but as a treat, why not?! Okay, I'm sure you all know my feelings about Kelloggs Krave - and to restrain myself from getting irate just speaking about them is a task in itself. This is not MY Brekkie Cereal Championship. This is YOURS. TSR - SPEAK!
Reply 72
HOW DO I KEEP MISSING THESE?!??

Save crunchy nut. Not replaceable I feel.
Reply 73
Remember, it's CRUNCHY NUT CLUSTERS, NOT Crunchy Nut Cornflakes!
I don't think I've tried Krave, but have tried similar cereals and liked them a lot. I'll go for Crunchy Nut Clusters, as I have tried them and they are gorgeous. :biggrin:

BTW, thanks to whoever repped my Golden Grahams comment and gave me my second pos rep gem. :cool:
How on earth could you do this to me!! These are my two favourite types of cereal :frown:. I guess I will probably have to go for the crunchy nut clusters as I think Morrisons chocolatey squares are nicer than Krave.
Crunchy nut clusters. Only actually had them once, but I've just remembered how much I really liked them when I did.
Reply 77
Clusters all the way!!

They are so so moreish whereas krave is vile and hazelnuts should be banned from existance

Edit: ive not tried the chocolate clusters but i imagine theyre orgasmic
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Platinum Mech
I don't think I've tried Krave, but have tried similar cereals and liked them a lot. I'll go for Crunchy Nut Clusters, as I have tried them and they are gorgeous. :biggrin:

BTW, thanks to whoever repped my Golden Grahams comment and gave me my second pos rep gem. :cool:

Twas I, had to back Team Golden Graham. Plus Moreish was a word bang on the mark that I couldn't think of myself!

As to this round, it has to go to Clusters in my opinion. Krave are all brand, no substance. They're MEANT to be good, they SHOULD be good, I WANTED them to be good..and the fact I had so much hype for them only led to disappointment. Clusters are delicious crunchy beautiful little beasts.
Reply 79
The talk about Krave is pretty much a daily rant for me. Crownfield Nougat Pillows (Aldi) and Mornflake Chocolatey Squares were around for YEARS before Kelloggs got their team together to make this "God Cereal" that had already existed forever, in a far, FAR superior format. "HAVE YOU TRIED THIS KRAVE STUFF, OH MA GAWD IT'S LIKE SEX!" - me: "Sigh, yes, and I struggle once more to find any common ground with this atrocious generation of children..."

Quick Reply

Latest