The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No matter how many titles they win, Chelsea will always be a small club.
Original post by Zürich
Better things to do but a small sub-set would include Ray Parlour, Lehmann, Lauren, Alan Smith, Merson etc who arent included. Even the likes of Edu won titles at AFC whereas Cesc?

Ludicrous when you walk up that bridge and you're like ''Tony Adams-lovely, Henry-super, Bergkamp-wonderful, Liam Brady-awesome and then Cesc-WTF?''

Even had he not joined you lot it made no sense to put him with such company. Would be like sticking Cazorla up now or something

Pahaha you're all talk mate. You'd struggle to name 30 without scraping the barrel.
Original post by The Shed End
Pahaha you're all talk mate. You'd struggle to name 30 without scraping the barrel.

There have been 13 title winning sides and 11 Cup winning sides and a side which won a Uefa competition. Pick any one of those guys really
Robbie looks like that Goblin king from the Hobbit. Didn't he divorce his wife because she didn't care about football?
Original post by Zürich
There have been 13 title winning sides and 11 Cup winning sides and a side which won a Uefa competition. Pick any one of those guys really

Yeah because Pascal Cygan, Jeremie Alliadiere and Reyes did more for Arsenal than Fabregas. You're so full of bull mate even by your standards I'm impressed.
Yeah because Pascal Cygan, Jeremie Alliadiere and Reyes did more for Arsenal than Fabregas. You're so full of bull mate even by your standards I'm impressed.

All showed more respect to Arsenal and won more medals for the club. No?Pascal Cygan played some terrific games for AFC btw, even in the invincibles season he did his job.

As for Reyes:

gocpJ9Sfcbg

I remember this well. Cheers Jose!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Robbie looks like that Goblin king from the Hobbit. Didn't he divorce his wife because she didn't care about football?

Nah that's Claude
Henry
Bergkamp
Adamns
Wright
Viera
Pires
Seaman
Brady
George
Jennings
Ljunberg
Overmars
Kanu
O'Leary
Campbell
Rocastle
Pat Rice
Bastin
Parlour
Keown
Dixon
Petit
Talbot
Radford
Cole
Paul Merson
Alan Smith
Nicholas
Anelka
Mclintock
Drake
Winterburn
Wiltord
Clapton
Nelson
Sansom
Thomas
Williams
wilson
Armstrong
Eastham
Graham
Ducat
Macdonald
Ball
James
Stapleton
Woodcock
Jack
Storey

- those are the 50 greatest arsenal players.. taken from the arsenal website.

Take your pick of 30, to choose ahead of fabregas.

(and if your going to accuse them of removing cesc from the list due to him playing for chelsea.. just take a peak at cole + anelka being on there still..)
Fabregas carried your team for a good few years, highly doubt you would have continued qualifying for Europe had he not been there to inspire and lead your squad, especially after the whole Eduardo-Gallas stuff. That said, there's no way to tell how you would have done in that situation with/without him so there's no point denying it.
The very fact you're ranking Cygan as a better player for Arsenal than Fabregas, who now plays for one of your main rivals, is the very definition on salty though.
Original post by al_94
Nah that's Claude

Ah fair, so AFTV consists of a mug, a goblin king, and a pirate.

Original post by fallen_acorns
Henry
Bergkamp
Adamns
Wright
Viera
Pires
Seaman
Brady
George
Jennings
Ljunberg
Overmars
Kanu
O'Leary
Campbell
Rocastle
Pat Rice
Bastin
Parlour
Keown
Dixon
Petit
Talbot
Radford
Cole
Paul Merson
Alan Smith
Nicholas
Anelka
Mclintock
Drake
Winterburn
Wiltord
Clapton
Nelson
Sansom
Thomas
Williams
wilson
Armstrong
Eastham
Graham
Ducat
Macdonald
Ball
James
Stapleton
Woodcock
Jack
Storey

(and if your going to accuse them of removing cesc from the list due to him playing for chelsea.. just take a peak at cole + anelka being on there still..)

+ Frimpong
Original post by Arkasia
Ah fair, so AFTV consists of a mug, a goblin king, and a pirate.

+ Frimpong

lad was dench after all
Henry
Bergkamp
Adamns
Wright
Viera
Pires
Seaman
Brady
George
Jennings
Ljunberg
Overmars
Kanu
O'Leary
Campbell
Rocastle
Pat Rice
Bastin
Parlour
Keown
Dixon
Petit
Talbot
Radford
Cole
Paul Merson
Alan Smith
Nicholas
Anelka
Mclintock
Drake
Winterburn
Wiltord
Clapton
Nelson
Sansom
Thomas
Williams
wilson
Armstrong
Eastham
Graham
Ducat
Macdonald
Ball
James
Stapleton
Woodcock
Jack
Storey

I can't agree with that list but many of those players I've never seen play.
lad was dench after all

Exactly, we needed to ship him off to Russia because the PL wasn't good enough for him.
Henry
Bergkamp
Adamns
Wright
Viera
Pires
Seaman
Brady
George
Jennings
Ljunberg
Overmars
Kanu
O'Leary
Campbell
Rocastle
Pat Rice
Bastin
Parlour
Keown
Dixon
Petit
Talbot
Radford
Cole
Paul Merson
Alan Smith
Nicholas
Anelka
Mclintock
Drake
Winterburn
Wiltord
Clapton
Nelson
Sansom
Thomas
Williams
wilson
Armstrong
Eastham
Graham
Ducat
Macdonald
Ball
James
Stapleton
Woodcock
Jack
Storey

I'm not accusing Arsenal of anything, just Zurich (and a lot of Arsenal fans for that matter). Still waiting for the 300 players that Zurich said he could name btw
Fabregas carried your team for a good few years, highly doubt you would have continued qualifying for Europe had he not been there to inspire and lead your squad, especially after the whole Eduardo-Gallas stuff. That said, there's no way to tell how you would have done in that situation with/without him so there's no point denying it.
The very fact you're ranking Cygan as a better player for Arsenal than Fabregas, who now plays for one of your main rivals, is the very definition on salty though.

No, Wenger would have just found someone else. He's quite good at this CL qualification thing you'll agree which is why losing Henry/Cole nor Cesc/Nasri nor RVP ever led to us finishing lower than 4th.

I'm quite confident Wenger could sell Sanchez, Ozil, Koscielny, Cazorla and Giroud, replace them on a budget of £10m for next season. And we'd still finish in a CL place.
Original post by al_94
I can't agree with that list but many of those players I've never seen play.

nor have I.

Or any of us.. which is why I dont trust myself to make a list. None of us can correctly judge players of the past who we have never seen, and only heard things about - in some cases, not even heard things about..

So I thought it was best to leave it up to the club - thats the list that the club themselves came up with.

(a different question would be has fabregas been one of arsenals greatest players of the 21st century... the answer to that is undoubtably yes.. but of all time? well, the club does not think so)
Arsenal doing to Fabregas what Spurs are doing to Sol [and Sunderland are doing to Colback].
Original post by Zürich
No, Wenger would have just found someone else. He's quite good at this CL qualification thing you'll agree which is why losing Henry/Cole nor Cesc/Nasri nor RVP ever led to us finishing lower than 4th.

I'm quite confident Wenger could sell Sanchez, Ozil, Koscielny, Cazorla and Giroud, replace them on a budget of £10m for next season. And we'd still finish in a CL place.

Not reading anything you say until you make a legit list of 300 Arsenal players who were better than Fabregas as per your initial claim.
nor have I.

Or any of us.. which is why I dont trust myself to make a list. None of us can correctly judge players of the past who we have never seen, and only heard things about - in some cases, not even heard things about..

So I thought it was best to leave it up to the club - thats the list that the club themselves came up with.

(a different question would be has fabregas been one of arsenals greatest players of the 21st century... the answer to that is undoubtably yes.. but of all time? well, the club does not think so)

Is that list in order also?
Personally i still like Fabregas. He was the guy i watched growing up with arsenal. He carried the club for years when there was no one else. Really disrespectful that he left in the way he did but cant forget what he's done in the years he was with us. He still respects the club so idk why people still hate him. Does hurt to see him in a chelsea shirt but WE turned him down when he wanted to come back. Nothing more can be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest