Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for the very first question : saturated as it contains no carbon to carbon double bonds and hydrocarbon as it is made up of hydrogen and carbon only ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faz_341)
    for pecrenatge yield i got 94% and -134 for the enthalpy change question
    the bond enthalpy for hcl i got 431.5
    yh is correct! i put 93.4 % will i get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    for the very first question : saturated as it contains no carbon to carbon double bonds and hydrocarbon as it is made up of hydrogen and carbon only ?
    yes i remm now..yes yes i do

ReputationRep:
    yes i put that i said hydrocarobn contains carbon and hydrogen only and i said saturated is a hydrocarbon with single bonds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    sure there was a question on draw Alkenes D and F WHEN prpan-2-ol gets oxidised
    hmmm i think i kinda remem dat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narmu_kwonjiyong)
    hmmm i think i kinda remem dat
    did u get the same as me?

ReputationRep:
    yh is correct! i put 93.4 % will i get the mark?
    you should get method marks but it did say put your answer to 2sigfig wich 93.4 isnt :/

ReputationRep:
    did u get 63.6 or something for the relative molecular mass of the moon rock sample leading to the conclusion that it was copper?
    and who else got 431.5 for the hcl bond enthalpy?

ReputationRep:
    you should get method marks but it did say put your answer to 2sigfig wich 93.4 isnt :/
    yh snap ! and for the drawing you had 3 boxes t draw when propan-2-ol gets oxidised ? i drew two with the doulbe oxygen on different carbons and the third one i drew a methyl with the double bond oxygen?

ReputationRep:
    did u get 63.6 or something for the relative molecular mass of the moon rock sample leading to the conclusion that it was copper?
    and who else got 431.5 for the hcl bond enthalpy?
    yes i got 63.6 but i put sulphur!

ReputationRep:
    i hasd a ethyl group and hydrogen on one and a methyl group and a hydrogen on the other but im not sure on that one tbh

ReputationRep:
    i hasd a ethyl group and hydrogen on one and a methyl group and a hydrogen on the other but im not sure on that one tbh
    cause it is a propan-2-ol therefore is oxidised to a ketone?

ReputationRep:
    yes i got 63.6 but i put sulphur!
    cudnt have been sulphur sorry as it was copper which was the closest only 0.1 away as copper is 63.5

ReputationRep:
    cause it is a propan-2-ol therefore is oxidised to a ketone?
    oh yes sorry i was talking abpout the e/z isomers question yes a secondary alcohol gets oxidised to a ketone

ReputationRep:
    cudnt have been sulphur sorry as it was copper which was the closest only 0.1 away as copper is 63.5
    yh i thought so but do you get 2 out of 3 marks for the calculation and 1 mark for element? and for the molecular formula what did u get ? and for CFC did you put insoluble in water?

ReputationRep:
    oh yes sorry i was talking abpout the e/z isomers question yes a secondary alcohol gets oxidised to a ketone
    and what did you put on the third box e/z isomer for the combustion balancing did you put 10.5 1/2 for o2 to balance?

ReputationRep:
    did ypu get this for this equation
    c16h34 --> c8h18 + 2 CH3CH=CHCH3

ReputationRep:
    did ypu get this for this equation
    c16h34 --> c8h18 + 2 CH3CH=CHCH3
    which question /?

ReputationRep:
    i think it was heptane wasnt it for combustion so
    C7h16 + 1102 --> 7co2 +8h20
    no it was 11 02 as there are 22 oxygen atoms on each side

ReputationRep:
    which question /?
    it said somethibg like c6h3a can be cracked to give octane and but2ene show the bvlacnced equation for this reaction

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.