Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    I commend those tactics

I think you guys will walk the Bolton game tbh. Seem to have found a rich vein of form and i cant see Bolton having too much joy. It's at Anfield as well so yeah, you've got it in the bag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think what WOLO is really trying to say here is "We ****ed up against Cambridge, so I can't really be saying this but I hope the form that you're in allows you guys get ****ed tomorrow too"

ReputationRep:
    Lol Henderson isn't worth any more than 25M. That's not even twice his transfer fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I think what WOLO is really trying to say here is "We ****ed up against Cambridge, so I can't really be saying this but I hope the form that you're in allows you guys get ****ed tomorrow too"

Touche :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    I commend those tactics

I think you guys will walk the Bolton game tbh. Seem to have found a rich vein of form and i cant see Bolton having too much joy. It's at Anfield as well so yeah, you've got it in the bag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmao, thats it, build us up so it's harder when we fall -_-
    you been learning from jam?

but yeah, we're in great form recently (admittedly with easy-ish games) so i expect nothing less than a decent win.
    bolton certainly aren't bad but neither are they going for promotion.
    the FA cup is a good chance for silverware this year - i don't see us beating chelsea on tuesday and unless we somehow win the EL, i don't see a better option than this cup.

ReputationRep:
    Rule number one of laughing/WUMing at another team - wait till your team has won that weekend

(Original post by jam277)
    Lol Henderson isn't worth any more than 25M. That's not even twice his transfer fee.
    Well value to your team vs. value to another is a big diff. I can't see anyone offering 25mil for Henderson yet
    However it would cost us more than 20mil to buy a decent replacement in terms of what he brings to our team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah, he's worth that amount to Liverpool probably. Losing him for 25m would be a blow anyway. But yeah, you wouldn't pay any more than £20-25m if you're another club at this moment. lol at triple, isn't that 60m :lol: I guess Di Maria's transfer has been used as a comparison

ReputationRep:

I love this pic.

I expect a comfortable win today considering we are in very good form, I highly doubt Bolton will cause us any problems.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Mignolet, Johnson, Can, Sakho, Manquillo, Allen, Henderson, Enrique, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Lovren, Lambert, Lucas, Borini, Rossiter, Markovic

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it will be interesting to see who plays where in our defence. I think Manquillo would actually be quite decent at RCB but I think it's more likely to be Johnson considering he's played there for us before. I'm not really sure I'd want Can or Johnson played in the central role, so I think we'll see Sakho there and Johnson at LCB. Presumably Lovren isn't fit enough to start.

Feel a bit sorry for Borini and Lambert. Considering they both scored last weekend, I would have expected one of them to get a start today.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Rule number one of laughing/WUMing at another team - wait till your team has won that weekend .
    Given what's happened this weekend, this is an absolutely brilliant comment. All of the top 4 are either losing or failed to win :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    da ****? I only just woke up, and it looks like City, Chelsea, Tottenham and Southampton are all heading out! Man Utd held by Cambridge too. There's a real opportunity for the double here, lets not mess it up

ReputationRep:
    Spurs out
    City out
    Chelsea out

If Liverpool or Arsenal don't win this cup...
    What an opportunity!

Both domestic cups and EL?
    Let's get a treble; how hard can it be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Spurs out
    City out
    Chelsea out

What an opportunity!

We did it 14 years ago, lets do it again!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Just need you guys to lose now and it should be a sweet sweet day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    No!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Spurs out
    City out
    Chelsea out

What an opportunity!

I have a feeling Rodgers will put a lot of attention towards these cups as well. Well at least I hope so. Winning just one of these cups would be fantastic, two would be insane and all three would be special.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Indeed. I'm not worried about Arsenal, we always beat them, but i'd be worried about facing Liverpool. Especially if it was at Anfield.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sr90)
    Indeed. I'm not worried about Arsenal, we always beat them, but i'd be worried about facing Liverpool. Especially if it was at Anfield.

Overcome Cambridge first then we can talk about the next round
    You don't run before you walk now do you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure BR is telling the players right now that they cannot afford to relax on the pitch and to expect it to be an easy win.

Imagine winning the EL, Capital One Cup and FA Cup. What a way to send off Gerrard! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    absolutely no excuse now.
    the players know 3 big rivals (4 if you include soton) have just been knocked out - bottling it when they know we have a great chance would be horrendous.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.