The Student Room Group

Is Osama's death going to make Obama popular?

Scroll to see replies

I think he would've been elected anyway.

I mean, who are people going to vote for? Donald Trump?
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
As a candidate, during the 2008 election campaign Obama repeatedly vowed: "We will kill Osama bin Laden." And so it proved.

The fact it was one of his main promises in 2008 and he has actually done it, well not him but he is Cheif Commander of the US Army so he gets some credit too, means YES he will be more popular.

Can't believe his actually dead. NEVER thought they would catch him.

Same here, I thought he had probably already died naturally.

BTW are you a model or something?
Original post by xEndeavors
Yes. This is a huge victory for Obama, and it's pretty much guaranteed him another year in office :colondollar:

Another year? Elections are in 2012, he has an extra year in office no matter what, unless he is impeached and removed from office
Original post by juanmodesto
Except Romney. Of course, Romney may not get the nomination because the Christianists dissaprove of his religion.

If by some miracle he gets the nomination Obama will have a very serious problem on his hands because Romney's expertise is economics and this election will be about the economy
Original post by x-friends
Of course it will. He did something Bush couldn't. Kill Osama, apparantly.

All Bush could do was set up all the policies responsible for catching Bin Laden so Obama could step in and take credit. The interrogation techniques that Obama campaigned against were largely responsible for tracking down bin laden. So this isn't the winning moment it seems. If anything it redeems his predecessor
Reply 85
Original post by Made in the USA
All Bush could do was set up all the policies responsible for catching Bin Laden so Obama could step in and take credit. The interrogation techniques that Obama campaigned against were largely responsible for tracking down bin laden. So this isn't the winning moment it seems. If anything it redeems his predecessor

People aren't gonna see it that way. Obama's gotten rid of the enemy, it was in his time, therefore he's the hero. :s-smilie:
People aren't gonna see it that way. Obama's gotten rid of the enemy, it was in his time, therefore he's the hero. :s-smilie:

I think you'd be surprised, especially after that appalling speech he gave, where he pretended to be CEO of the operation. It was consistent with his view that everything is about him. He used the word "I" seven times and five times and five times he referred to the directing he did of the operation, yet he hardly mentioned the soldiers who carried out the mission. I'm sick of this man's ego.

When Bush delivered his speech after saddam hussien's capture, it was 4 times shorter, he only used the word "I" three times. Once to thank the soldiers, once to congratulate them, and once to warn of future terrorism.
Reply 88
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
Well.. it wasn't an airstrike.
But i agree with the concept ;D

*Walk on like a bad ass*
*List all the bad things he has done and caused*
*Oh btw.. we got him :cool: *
*Walk off like a bad ass*

That's what the rock said in his WWE birthday party on raw.
I believe simply because of the events over the past week the second term is nailed in.
Another year? Elections are in 2012, he has an extra year in office no matter what, unless he is impeached and removed from office

That was a mistake; I mean to say another term.
Reply 91

I guarantee he gets in again.
Reply 92
I think you'd be surprised, especially after that appalling speech he gave, where he pretended to be CEO of the operation. It was consistent with his view that everything is about him. He used the word "I" seven times and five times and five times he referred to the directing he did of the operation, yet he hardly mentioned the soldiers who carried out the mission. I'm sick of this man's ego.

When Bush delivered his speech after saddam hussien's capture, it was 4 times shorter, he only used the word "I" three times. Once to thank the soldiers, once to congratulate them, and once to warn of future terrorism.

Are you a republican?
Are you a republican?

I'm a fiscal conservative.
Reply 94
His approval rate shot up ~10% but that will matter less ina year and half since unemployment would still be high.
Original post by Hazular
I've been hearing chitchat that he was unlikely to be elected for a second term because some Americans don't agree with his reforms. Do we reckon that this killing of the elusive al-Qaeda leader will make him more popular with the American public?
Opinions?

NB: I nearly cried during his speech. What a beautiful man :colondollar:

yes, i think the killing of mr bin laden will have gone down well.
but i wish the american army would stop fibbing:-
first they said bin laden resisted them + used his wife as a shield.
then they admitted that bin laden didn't have a weapon but still offered resistance - what do they mean, that he intended to bite them? i suppose it's possible that they thought he might find a gun.
they also admitted that bin laden had not used his wife as a shield, rather she had decided to charge the american attackers leading to them shooting her in the leg - interestingly her "resistance" did not necessitate her being killed.
then the americans said that as osama was a "field commander" still actively involved in fighting america it was legitimate to kill him. and there stands the truth. he was killed because he was a son of a bitch. and i agree that that is reason enough to shoot him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending