The Student Room Group

More than a quarter of births last year were to foreign mothers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lucaf
All this genocide talk is actually pretty hilarious, I am sure if you told a Rwandan how it is genocide that some brown people have moved next door to you they would die laughing. If white people are under threat it is because we have a low birth rate, having more ethnic people about doesn't magically make there less of us and inter-racial relationships have a tiny effect on our demographics. There is no direct threat to me or my family, don't really see why I should particularly care.

What term would you find less amusing? The fact is that on present trends white British will become a minority in their own country within just two generations, largely thanks to the policies of the New Labour government, designed to "rub the noses of the Right in diversity" and geared to fundamentally alter the genetic make-up of the nation on a permanent basis, however the Conservatives have also shown no inclination towards changing this policy, in spite of the fact that 80% of the public now want immigration to be reduced.
(edited 9 years ago)
Who actually gives a ****. It only matters if you think British people are somehow inherently superior to those of other races. Which makes you a racist who I have no reason to listen to.
Original post by thesabbath
What term would you find less amusing? The fact is that on present trends white British will become a minority in their own country within just two generations, largely thanks to the policies of the New Labour government, designed to "rub the noses of the Right in diversity" and geared to fundamentally alter the genetic make-up of the nation on a permanent basis, however the Conservatives have also shown no inclination towards changing this policy, in spite of the fact that 80% of the public now want immigration to be reduced.

White brits representing a smaller percentage of the population doesn't necessarily mean that the actual number of white brits is lower. In this case, it's a matter of ethnic minorities growing faster in population. The number of white brits has actually increased since the mid-20th century, and is probably still increasing now. This is not genocide, whichever way you look at it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Saoirse:3
Who actually gives a ****. It only matters if you think British people are somehow inherently superior to those of other races. Which makes you a racist who I have no reason to listen to.

I like apples, bananas and pears. I prefer apples. Am I a fruitist?

Well done, you've won the most illogical and irrelevant argument of the day award! Newsflash: fruits are not people.
The UK's population replacement program continues unabated:

MORE than a quarter of babies born in Britain last year were to migrant mothers, figures revealed yesterday.

The Office for National Statistics reported that of the 698,512 live births last year, 26.5 per cent, or 185,105, were to mothers born outside the UK.

In 2003 the figure was 18.6 per cent and only 11.6 per cent in 1990.

Recent ONS data showed that mass migration sent Britain’s population soaring above 64 million for the first time, with the country gaining an extra 400,000 people from 2012 to 2013.

The population has grown twice as fast as the rest of Europe over the past decade, gaining as many people in that time as in the entire previous generation.

Ukip MEP Tim Aker said: “Schools, hospitals and housing are all reaching breaking point with the UK’s huge surge in population.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/489346/25-of-all-babies-born-to-migrants

Same Old Anti-Racism = Anti White rhetoric you always spout.
Reply 86
Original post by TheTranshumanist
White brits representing a smaller percentage of the population doesn't necessarily mean that the actual number of white brits is lower. In this case, it's a matter of ethnic minorities growing faster in population. The number of white brits has actually increased since the mid-20th century, and is probably still increasing now. This is not genocide, whichever way you look at it.

I'd like to see you making that argument to the red Indians: "It's still your country, you're just a tiny and despised minority now, which doesn't matter, because its not genocide"
(edited 9 years ago)

I hope you don't mind me saying that this is a very poor analogy:

1. Fruits aren't intelligent sentient beings. Therefore discrimination against certain fruit and discrimination against certain people are completely different matters.

2. By definition, racists don't "like" people of other races, so the comparison isn't valid

3. Due to (1), "fruitism" would have no harmful effect, unlike racism, which is demonstrably harmful

I could add more, but these are the three main problems.
Reply 88
Well done, you've won the most illogical and irrelevant argument of the day award! Newsflash: fruits are not people.

Newsflash: One does not have to be a racist to wish to live primarily amongst one's own people. Particularly when it comes to one's own ancestral homeland. It does not follow automatically that you hate those of other races.
Reply 89
Hey, guys, it's one of those racists!
Newsflash: One does not have to be a racist to wish to live primarily amongst one's own people. Particularly when it comes to one's own ancestral homeland. It does not follow automatically that you hate those of other races.

Why do you wish to live predominantly amongst white British people? I honestly don't see what makes them better than Polish people or black people or any other type of people.
Original post by TheAnusFiles
To dissect the utter drivel you have just spewed:

1. I never insinuated that you were socially awkward. What I am asserting, is that exam hall intelligence (which I am not short of FYI) does not determine future success. I know plenty of Oxbridge grads who have gone on to become teachers, or earn salaries barely scraping 6 figures.

2. I never claimed that being gay meant you could not be intelligent. What I said was that for a gay person to have absolutely no reservations about mass immigration from the third world, it takes a good deal of naivety.

3. You are assuming I am some sort of racial segregationist who wants an ethnically pure Europe or some other nonsense like that. I really do not care about race. What I do care about however, is a growing number of people in this country, whose values are incompatible with the modernised liberal society that we take for granted.

4. A question. Where are you from exactly? What is your class background?

When did we start speaking about salaries? You can't just admit you're wrong can you?

It's not like they're going to come and take over the country. I never said I didn't have any reservations about them coming. I do, but you all are race and blood purity fanatics and it is that I have a problem with. You don't want them solely because of their race. I hardly, if at all, saw anyone speaking about East Europeans. Why is there no fuss about them making babies? Is it because they're white?

See above.

Why does where I come from matter? You do not need to know where I came from to understand my position in this discussion. You are not going to psychoanalyse me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92

When one focuses on issues of race and little else it become incredibly difficult to view them as anything other than a racist, which you most assuredly are. This obsession with race must make your life quite difficult. What do you do when you happen across a black person? Do you whip out a cross and yell "begone heathens"? Maybe you duck for cover whenever a woman wearing a burqa enters into your frame of vision.

I actually pity you to be perfectly honest.
Reply 93
Original post by TheTranshumanist
I hope you don't mind me saying that this is a very poor analogy:

1. Fruits aren't intelligent sentient beings. Therefore discrimination against certain fruit and discrimination against certain people are completely different matters.

2. By definition, racists don't "like" people of other races, so the comparison isn't valid

3. Due to (1), "fruitism" would have no harmful effect, unlike racism, which is demonstrably harmful

I could add more, but these are the three main problems.

My point was that expressing a preference for one item from a group does not automatically mean you hate all others, which is what the suggestion "racist" implies.

None of these so-called problems actually matter unless you view "racism" as the root of all evils, whereas in reality it is primarily an ideology promoted by communists/internationalists and well-paid bosses of NGOs and of course non-whites for whom promoting anti-white ideology in white countries is in their own ethnic self-interest.
Britain isn't a country in the traditional sense. Its a capitalist slave pit which needs cheap labour and massive population increase to survive.

Unfortunately, like Marx said in regards to capitalism and how it destroys, ".....all that is solid turns to air", and that includes the indigenous majority of any society which is being oppressed by capitalism.

The solution is to form a new community which does not accept capitalism as its founding principle. Only then can traditional culture and indigenous people be protected from genocide.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ParasiteRex
"Well, I only came for the history, but since you ask I think I will register with a GP." Saying migrants, some of whom risking life and limb, come here because of "historical ties" and not for the higher minimum standard of living provided unconditionally to all citizens would prompt the question as to why humanity isn't rushing to settle a very historically significant Africa, or other equally significant but backward locations. If you're here for the historical significance, what makes you think that the members of a family you might start won't move to your home country, because that would be a more historically significant place to them than England?

Ok, so I see that you are using the straw man fallacy. Good on you. I did not say they came looking for historical treasures. As I said earlier, England is only so highly developed because they exploited other people and nations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for missing the point, unless you hold the view that Africa was fortunate to be enriched by all the diversity and should have been more tolerant.

I got your point but thought you should be informed.
Reply 97
Why do you wish to live predominantly amongst white British people? I honestly don't see what makes them better than Polish people or black people or any other type of people.

In which case why are "diversity" and "multiculturalism" heralded as great things, in particular since New Labour's year zero? Surely if it makes no difference who the people are, there is nothing to celebrate?

He's been airbrushed from our history for the most part but Kipling understood this sort of thing:

FATHER, Mother, and Me
Sister and Auntie say
All the people like us are We,
And every one else is They.
And They live over the sea,
While We live over the way,
But - would you believe it? - They look upon We
As only a sort of They !

We eat pork and beef
With cow-horn-handled knives.
They who gobble Their rice off a leaf,
Are horrified out of Their lives;
And They who live up a tree,
And feast on grubs and clay,
(Isn't it scandalous?) look upon We
As a simply disgusting They!

We shoot birds with a gun.
They stick lions with spears.
Their full-dress is un-.
We dress up to Our ears.
They like Their friends for tea.
We like Our friends to stay;
And, after all that, They look upon We
As an utterly ignorant They!

We eat kitcheny food.
We have doors that latch.
They drink milk or blood,
Under an open thatch.
We have Doctors to fee.
They have Wizards to pay.
And (impudent heathen!) They look upon We
As a quite impossible They!

All good people agree,
And all good people say,
All nice people, like Us, are We
And every one else is They:
But if you cross over the sea,
Instead of over the way,
You may end by (think of it!) looking on We
As only a sort of They !

I enjoy foreign travel, but it is undoubtedly more relaxing being amongst one's own kind. There are many reasons why I am attached to the English nation in particular but on general terms: You know they'll have a good grasp of the language and idioms, and a sense even subconsciously of a shared history, do not have to rephrase or simplify your conversation (living in London I think my vocabulary drops by the day due to the amount of words I can't use with English as a second language speakers), don't have to mince your words lest you "cause offence", and if you do then you can laugh about it since they're usually going to be a po-faced left winger rather than worrying about being taken to court for "racial discrimination" or somesuch trumped up charge.
Original post by Mr.Intelligent
The ignorance on this thread is abhorrent! You do not that all of Africa was not in shambles around 3 centuries ago right? There was development. The places (mostly the coasts) which had the resources available to transportation routes to trade were the ones which gained some form of development. The others, especially those at the centre of the continent, not so much. If you opened a history book you would know this, instead you embarrass yourself by posting racist meme pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. I don't think people are aware of the richness of Ancient Africa prior to colonisation.
I'd like to see you making that argument to the red Indians: "It's still your country, you're just a tiny and despised minority now, which doesn't matter, because its not genocide"

Why would I? The red Indians (native Americans) became a minority mainly because they were killed by diseases brought over by Europeans. Apples and oranges. My point still stands that the white British population is not necessarily declining because it accounts for a smaller percentage of the population.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending