The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
Still time for a Banterlecht

Would take something special to banter this up now.
Husband has done me proud.
Prediction for Giroud's crucial miss tonight?

I'm going with 84th minute. Type of miss: free header inside the 6 yard box.

Classic.
Original post by AliRizzo
FGS

Like I said, you do not watch Arsenal and you have all but confirmed it. Either that or your eyes deceive you. Please name a match this season when Giroud has been successful in holding the ball up and bringing others into play, barring Bayern H where he came off the bench and was relatively successful.

Not so much this season, but the previous two he was particularly effective in creating space for those behind him. He was particularly good against WBA this season who play a particularly compact formation.

Giroud's main attribute is his aerial presence (which is expected from a 6 ft 4 monster and, even then, he misses a ton of crucial headers) and his ability to make runs which lure defenders out of their positions, which you would expect from any centre forward really. Giroud is fairly rubbish with the ball at his feet and attempts to use elaborate flicks which come off about once every 10 times, and one touch passes which are almost always misplaced and breaks down the attack. His hold up play has been almost non-existent this season.

Giroud is an aerial threat which your midfield sorely lack. Arsenal don't cross very often as they play a NARROW formation therefore using the fact that he doesn't score "crucial" headers against him is silly. The stats you use about his touch and ball at feet are clearly inflated too.

It's insulting that your trying to discuss Arsenal's tactics with me when everything you've just spewed is utter nonsense. Expect nothing else from an account dedicated to Diego Costa tbf.

I've made one or two posts if that related to Costa but okay then lol.

Giroud has been key in the past three seasons?! Mate what planet do you live on?

Are you going to deny that he's been a large part of your team this season and the previous two. Would you rather have had Podolski up front or something.
Main man steps up on our biggest game of the season and shuts me up for good. Unreal hero Big Oli G
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
We were all talking about how many chances Giroud was going to miss before the game and he's silenced us all. Take that happily :smile:

Nah, we were just talking about that tongue-out expression he always does, right?

This one...?

Kieran Gibbs on for Walcott, anddddd im off to watch the apprentice
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Would take something special to banter this up now.

flamini on the pitch.
why is ozil and feo still on? take them off. poor management.
Always said you were going through with ease.
Giroud is a world class striker, only Suarez is better
**** me. Campbell has bantered us all off here. Unreal performance.
Original post by The Shed End
Always said you were going through with ease.

:rofl:

why is ozil and feo still on? take them off. poor management.

For who?
Roy Keane gave us no hope lol I want to see what he says now
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

For who?

chambers and ox
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

For who?

Anyone with a functioning pair of legs.
Arsenal deserve to qualify tbh :lol:

Congrats guys :h:
Is Cech a legend already?

Ssssssssssss
Arsenal fans in the pub just did a standing ovation for Giroud.

Nonce fanbase
The bandwagon fans are gonna jump on the hype and when we get knocked out by Barca, Madrid they're gonna say we're never gonna win it anyway.

Latest