Scroll to see replies

What's the 8 week email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jimmy234
wow congrats!!
If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades/gcses?
Just applied yesterday for law, soo nervous :crossedf:

I did the Singapore A levels last year and I got AAAA at H2 for my A levels. A's the highest grade (no A*) in Singapore but I daren't say it's equivalent to A*A*A*A*!
Original post by stichybabe
Offer for law just came through !

congratulations! when did you apply?
Original post by warmshowers
I did the Singapore A levels last year and I got AAAA at H2 for my A levels. A's the highest grade (no A*) in Singapore but I daren't say it's equivalent to A*A*A*A*!

sounds like a great score to me :smile: I'm doing the IB so I don't really understand A level grades eheh
congrats to everyone who got offers today:biggrin:
I hope LSE don't contact me tomorrow..rejection day:eek:
I got an offer to study Social Anthropology :colondollar:
Original post by jimmy234
congratulations! when did you apply?

I applied on the 10th of October and the acknowledgement came through on the 13th, 8 week email on the 23rd of Oct.

Hope this helps! x
Ahhh me too! Congrats :biggrin: do you think you'll go for it then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
How is your application going?

sadly I was rejected, they said my predicted grades weren't good enough (I was predicted AAB and the standard offer is AAA). I'm taking a gap year though and gonna re-apply after I re-do AS' :smile:
Original post by EHZ17
Hi, I got an offer for economics - A*AA plus a pass in A Level FM as a forth subject - but I currently only do AS FM, therefore I am currently not able to meet the offer even if I were to get full marks in all my Maths modules in the summer! I have emailed the admissions office and it said that I have to wait 2 to 5 days for an answer. Can anyone else help me for now?

Can someone help me with this?

I think it was just a typo but it would mean that they would have to cancel and resend the offer.
Reply 1350
Has anyone received an offer for E&EH?
Are we sure that they only send offers on Thursdays and rejections on Fridays?
Original post by Dave97
Are we sure that they only send offers on Thursdays and rejections on Fridays?

Yeah I'm worried about that. Got my 8 week email the 21st of October

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Can someone help me with this?

I think it was just a typo but it would mean that they would have to cancel and resend the offer.

I think a pass in A level refers to getting 40% (E) or above.
That converts to 80% at AS level, so if you can attain 80% or above in your AS FM, it is considered as a pass in A level FM.

Hope this helps x !
Original post by anyonenobody
Yeah I'm worried about that. Got my 8 week email the 21st of October

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you apply for?
Original post by Dave97
What did you apply for?

Law, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyonenobody

BA Anthropology and Law
Original post by stichybabe
I think a pass in A level refers to getting 40% (E) or above.
That converts to 80% at AS level, so if you can attain 80% or above in your AS FM, it is considered as a pass in A level FM.

Hope this helps x !

I think that is doable! I was thinking that but I was unsure, I've asked for confirmation and I've emailed a few of my teachers who will speak to them if necessary. Last thing I want is for them to retract the offer due to a mistake haha! I very much doubt that could happen.
Original post by EHZ17
I think that is doable! I was thinking that but I was unsure, I've asked for confirmation and I've emailed a few of my teachers who will speak to them if necessary. Last thing I want is for them to retract the offer due to a mistake haha! I very much doubt that could happen.

Congrats! yeh I would defo check as mine just said an A in AS further maths.
I am still waiting. Applying for Bec econ. first week of 8 weeks. How many weeks did u guys wait after receving the 8 week email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending