Turn on thread page Beta

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Chippie Chompin' Champion Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    Potato fritter! Pop that bad boy in a buttered roll, slather on loads of vinegar and you've got a delicious heart-attack in a bun

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Potato fritter! They are the same as scallops, aren't they? If so, what a delicacy! That gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    Potato fritter! Pop that bad boy in a buttered roll, slather on loads of vinegar and you've got a delicious heart-attack in a bun

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fritter roll lost a previous round. This is all about the Fritter on it's own.

ReputationRep:
    Fritter! I can make a butty at home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Fritter roll lost a previous round. This is all about the Fritter on it's own.
    Aww what? People have no idea what's good these days :unimpressed:

I change my vote to chip roll then, fritters aren't as good without the roll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    chip butty gets my vote! always get an unbuttered roll & chips when I go to the chip shop, & then make the roll myself. I've never had a potato fritter, and would actually probably quite like them though. But yeah, gotta vote for the chip butty.

ReputationRep:
    Chip Butty!

ReputationRep:
    CHIP BUTTY! Nothing gets better than a chip butty!

ReputationRep:
    Chip butty for definite. I don't think my chip shop does potato fritter, although there is always that deep fried round thing that I'm never sure what it is. Could be a fritter. Could be a fish cake. Could be something completely different.

My dad says it's roe though (hehe rhymes), and got one once. Or did he say it was skate? :confused: well it's an unidentified round thing, and there's no confusing a chip butty with anything other than yumminess!

ReputationRep:
    Chip butty!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CHIP BUTTY WINS THIS HEAT!

What's better than fried carbs? FRIED CARBS SERVED IN CARBS SPREAD WITH EXTRA FAT. YAASS!

Potato Fritters might be delicious, but they're only ONLY carb. Chip Butty? That's AW THE CARB!

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT:

STEAK PIE versus SMOKED SAUSAGE!!

In our chippy, there were two pies to choose from - Scotch Pie and "Posh" Pie! The "Posh" pie was in fact, a steak pie, even though it cost almost the same price. And there were two "sausages" - battered, or smoked. And if "battered" was normal, does that make Smoked Sausage the "posh" one?

Anyway, which of these two would you more likely buy with yer chips in the chip shop? (PLEASE BE AWARE, NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE COUNTS. STEAK PIE ON SUNDAY DINNER OR MATTESSONS SMOKED PORK SAUSAGE ON A PIZZA ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH A CHIP SHOP CHAMPION.)

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word this is a tough one! Gonna go for the steak pie, just cos' of the frequency that I have them. Can't we send them both through though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Steak Pie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol why is English food so depressing

ReputationRep:
    Steak Pie, do like a pie from the chippy, surprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    Smoked sausage I like to order a dish of curry sauce along with it, they go really well together!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Smoked Sausage

ReputationRep:
    Steak Pie.

ReputationRep:
    nugs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.