Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What bullying did you suffer at school? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    The type of comment I quoted is BS.
    I'm sorry to break it to you but he is right, that comment ' They were probably jealous because you're pretty and their not' is utter bs

Harold Godwinson

ReputationRep:
    Verbal, psychological and physical bullying, though I mostly suffered from psychological abuse by both teachers and students once I got to secondary school. Used to have people jump me from behind and try to beat me up. I got a lot of verbal abuse about my accent (which is a mixture of Cantonese and English as one of my parents is Cantonese) and ethnic background (used to get "f*** off back to China" a lot and other racial slurs); my disabilities and weight. I would also get socially excluded. I only remember a very little. Two people tried to strangle me on separate occasions and another person tried to throw me down a flight of stairs, though I have no memory of them.

I love sixth form and have never looked back since then. I've forgiven the people who tried and have hurt me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashtosh302)
    I'm sorry to break it to you but he is right, that comment ' They were probably jealous because you're pretty and their not' is utter bs

Harold Godwinson
    I was just trying to cheer the girl up alright. How do we even know it's bs, we haven't even met her in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    I was just trying to cheer the girl up alright. How do we even know it's bs, we haven't even met her in person.
    C'mon its the most cliche thing to say; saying your better than someone( because you think it) to make you feel better. Maybe she might be jealous, but not because of her looks, like its something a 10 year old will say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimidPhoenix)
    Verbal, psychological and physical bullying, though I mostly suffered from psychological abuse by both teachers and students once I got to secondary school. Used to have people jump me from behind and try to beat me up. I got a lot of verbal abuse about my accent (which is a mixture of Cantonese and English as one of my parents is Cantonese) and ethnic background (used to get "f*** off back to China" a lot and other racial slurs); my disabilities and weight. I would also get socially excluded. I only remember a very little. Two people tried to strangle me on separate occasions and another person tried to throw me down a flight of stairs, though I have no memory of them.

I love sixth form and have never looked back since then. I've forgiven the people who tried and have hurt me.
    Sorry to hear your story ... But how can you forgive them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C'mon its the most cliche thing to say; saying your better than someone( because you think it) to make you feel better. Maybe she might be jealous, but not because of her looks, like its something a 10 year old will say
    Tbh I wasn't after a debate on the matter. Why do other people have to get so arsey when it comes to someone talking to a girl? You're entitled to your opinion dude, but can you stay out of it if it doesn't concern you. Saves a lot of argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Sorry to hear your story ... But how can you forgive them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that holding my anger and hatred towards them would only eat away at me. After secondary school, I moved to my current sixth form in a different part of the country. I know that I'll most likely never see the people who bullied me again, which is another reason why I let my anger go. It did take me a long time but I eventually managed to forgive them.

ReputationRep:
    Physical. Verbal. Chants of "Fag" and the like, ostracism, punches, exclusion, sneers and snorts whenever I said something.

One time, in the bathroom, I was cornered by a dude who leapt up and hung on to the bathroom stall(Because in North America, they're stalls unlike British ones) and watched me poop before mimicking me washing my hands and sneeringly mumbling out "Wash my hands. Wash my hands."

I wasn't gay. I just grew up in a rural Ontario area and liked to read and had a family without a lot of money, so bam. That all changed the moment I left.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I wasn't after a debate on the matter. Why do other people have to get so arsey when it comes to someone talking to a girl? You're entitled to your opinion dude, but can you stay out of it if it doesn't concern you. Saves a lot of argument.
    what? your so butthurt

ReputationRep:
    what? your so butthurt
    Not "butthurt" I just can't be asked having this fairly meaningless conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Not "butthurt" I just can't be asked having this fairly meaningless conversation.
    neither can i but you know im right

ReputationRep:
    neither can i but you know im right
    Yeah I know more then anyone it's right, it's such a cliche. I even admitted it was bs, but can't you see I was trying to cheer up that girl. Call it my good deed for the day. As long as it gives the girl some confidence then what harm does it do? So leave it there, alright. I won't be bothering to reply so save your breath.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I suffered hell before I went to college (well, im still getting some abuse, but not as extreme or as much), because I would have at least a 100 negative comments about me every day; how "ugly" I am, the fact I'm deaf and my mum left when I was two, how I spoke (even though I spoke perfectly well for a deaf person) and so on. There was one point where someone threw chilli sauce at me and it landed in my eye, which burned like ****, causing me to lash out and attack people when they get too close (thank god I barely do that now at college). Because of the hell I've been through, I can barely say anything without worrying that I'm going to say something that will make people laugh at me and I even snap at some people when they give me some nicknames (even though their harmless names) because of all the name calling I received before now. It's horrible really, knowing that you may never grow out of this constant fear of people throwing hate for being deaf, mildly autistic and bisexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellborn Phoenix)
    Tbh, I suffered hell before I went to college (well, im still getting some abuse, but not as extreme or as much), because I would have at least a 100 negative comments about me every day; how "ugly" I am, the fact I'm deaf and my mum left when I was two, how I spoke (even though I spoke perfectly well for a deaf person) and so on. There was one point where someone threw chilli sauce at me and it landed in my eye, which burned like ****, causing me to lash out and attack people when they get too close (thank god I barely do that now at college). Because of the hell I've been through, I can barely say anything without worrying that I'm going to say something that will make people laugh at me and I even snap at some people when they give me some nicknames (even though their harmless names) because of all the name calling I received before now. It's horrible really, knowing that you may never grow out of this constant fear of people throwing hate for being deaf, mildly autistic and bisexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had hell as well at secondary school, sorry to hear your story

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else suffer from horrific bullying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear your experience, I have also been scarred for life by the bullying I suffered

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So sorry to hear your experience, I have also been scarred for life by the bullying I suffered

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair I get the echos of the torment I endured quite frequently and if I met any of these bullies in this present day I would be going on a 1 way ticket to prison. Highly likely. I find it best to let my rage out on them indirectly. Get a punch bag or place a bet on their favourite football team loosing etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    To be fair I get the echos of the torment I endured quite frequently and if I met any of these bullies in this present day I would be going on a 1 way ticket to prison. Highly likely. I find it best to let my rage out on them indirectly. Get a punch bag or place a bet on their favourite football team loosing etc.
    Haha good ideas, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who else got bullied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who else got bullied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't be ashamed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.