The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Yeah meeting would be cool:biggrin: Strangely im very bored! Erm my resnet works fine and no slower than broadband at home and my messenger works... Only thing that doesnt is skype! Oh well
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
hey guys, i can't get my interenet working in my room so its all rather disasterous at the moment.... but freshers week is good! did anyone go to the SU parties the other night? as i was there, yay, and befriended random people in the queue. we have to get this tsr thing sorted as otherwise it'll get too late and no one will want to meet anyone.

if the CC people would let us, ie: elouise and michael, we could meet up in their pantries, maybe? as they are massive!
Reply 1422
Mountain One
Only thing that doesnt is skype! Oh well

You should change connection settings just like in your browser and it will work however the quality of sound and video is disastrous!!!! argh I hate resnet
for messenger:

lindows live messenger works in the computing labs, so maybe try that?

also www.e-messenger.net is a good fix.

i'm sitll up for a tsr meet up
we'll jsut have to find a venue that would normally be really quiet
Reply 1424
hello everyone!

i think we need someone to make the decision...
make sure everyone knows the following...

ABSORB CAFE 12PM SUNDAY

tell everyone to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noooooooooooooo im going to the cairngorms:frown:
Reply 1426
Anyone going to Table tennis tournament on sunday 17th @ Pleasance????

Anyway, I do go... :smile:
So is absorb happening then?
awww crap. i slept until 1 and now i'm back home for a bit :s-smilie:

dang yo!
Reply 1429
I don't have the net for a week and this is what happens..:rolleyes:
Finally have resnet woo!

How are the TSR people settling into uni life? :smile:
Right, how's this for a plan? We're all going to be busy with lectures and whatnot this week so how about on Saturday those of us who live in Pollock Halls meet outside the Reception centre at 11am. Then we toddle on down to Potterrow to meet everyone else for coffee for, say, 11:30. How about it?
minted!
we gotta have nametags or something aswell!!!!

although 11am is rather early :s-smilie:.... but let's try it out!
Reply 1432
Oh. I think I might be seeing my boyfriend on Fri or Sat in Glasgow or something.
Ugh...I just think that if we leave it much later it'll never happen. What does everyone else think- yay or nay?
Reply 1434
michaelnicholson88
Ugh...I just think that if we leave it much later it'll never happen. What does everyone else think- yay or nay?

dunno, i definitely cannot come on saturday, going rowing with EUBC to Strathclyde...
I cant come either. Im off to glen coe:biggrin:
Any alternative suggestions then?
Reply 1437
Sunday is a pretty boring uneventful day...
you wanting to meet sunday then? at some ridiculously early time of course!!!

ooft resnet is soo rubbish :s-smilie: i haven't even got it and i know it is really slow

also has anyone else found that wht their DoS enrolled them for was completely beside what you talked about.
hey
i just got my resnet up and everything seems to work except skype. can anyone tell me how to change these proxy settings im supposed to alter? who/what/when? :s-smilie:

thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending