The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Tai chi society - university of edinburgh

Hello,

I am looking to start a tai-chi lishi society for the 2024 academic year at the University of Edinburgh and would like to know if anyone is interested.

Uni life can be stressful.

Essays, exams, deadlines, finances, fending for yourself for the first time away from home.

You can't make these things disappear, but you can become more centred so you feel stronger and better able to deal with the challenges that life throws your way.

Don't take our word for it, come and try a class today!

For thousands of years, this ancient Taoist knowledge has been passed from generation to generation in China. Now you too can learn these secrets for how to survive, and thrive, in life. It all starts with the soft but powerful exercises now taught by the Lishi society Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Meditation, Yoga and Acrobatics.

This traditional family system (Lishi or Li Family) harmonizes all of these arts, so the benefits are much deeper than just doing them separately. Taoist practice is a gateway for exploring nature, by feeling deeper into yourself and cultivating your natural energies.
Hi, I'm not an Edinburgh student, but I'd like to reinforce your promotion of Tai Chi, in saying that it's a fantastic stress buster for the exam period.
I got into practicing Chen Style Tai Chi through free sessions at here at the University of Bedfordshire. I enjoyed it so much that I'm now also participating in classes outside of uni, and have been doing this for the past 2 years. It's great, but I also think that it needs to lose the image that it's for 'old people', ( I think this is also true of the image that tai chi has in China too?) as everyone can benefit from a bit of moving meditation.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending