The Student Room Group

St Andrews or Edinburgh - Computer Science

Hi
I have offers (unconditional) to study computer science at both St Andrews and Edinburgh, and I’m having a hard time deciding.
What sort of things should I consider when choosing, and does anyone have any personal experiences with either of these they’d like to share? How did you find the university/course?
Thank you
Cost of living in Edinburgh is extortionate and the vibe is quite different between the two. How modern the it labs are. Ultimately you will get out what you put in academically and socially so it doesn’t really matter.
Reply 2
Original post by ocnblvd99
Hi
I have offers (unconditional) to study computer science at both St Andrews and Edinburgh, and I’m having a hard time deciding.
What sort of things should I consider when choosing, and does anyone have any personal experiences with either of these they’d like to share? How did you find the university/course?
Thank you

im stuck trying to make the same choice 😭
Reply 3
St Andrews is more expensive for accommodation than Edinburgh and even more difficult to find.
Original post by ocnblvd99
Hi
Thank you

Can I ask you what are your grades?
Reply 5
Edinburgh is better for this subject on every metric but student satisfaction and percentage of students who drop out of study. If you choose St Andrews, it may be because you like the course content more or the staff more or the place more or the name more.
Source: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk
(edited 1 month ago)
Edinburgh is great for CS from what I can tell Amongst if not best in uk and has a really nice comp sci society compsoc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending