Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys I need some help

My exam season starts from Monday onwards and I know that I need straight A*'s in what I can do to keep the doors to my option choices open but the problem is that I can't stop stressing about it. I keep assuming that I'm going to fail and I'm finding it hard to even think straight. I've barely had any sleep and I'm panicking to myself about things that are probably miniscule to you and I just wanted your advice :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahaha sounds like an underground drugs ring. :/ Surely you know everyone at school? Or does he hide? Lool

You're an Aussie?! How cool! Haha
    At least you can do such things.... My schools already given us lectures on how we're not allowed to draw on our clothes or we'll be sent home and excluded from the boat party. "it is however ok to get a spare shirt in from home to write on" - how considerate! Lol
    What kinds of things do you get up to on Leavers day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I would advise against grouping me in with the sort of people who recognise Leavers' Day as an actual important event.

Those people will inevitably become ridiculously drunk and start ****ing everything up. Last year was such that the police will be stationed around the town making sure nobody does anything mildly idiotic.

We're allowed to write on stuff, but we have to be in uniform for exams so my Head of Year had fun mentioning that if you write on your shirt, you can have fun buying a new one :mmm:

My passport may say Australian, but I generally don't ally myself with any nation; I find the whole concept of nationality restrictive and causal of too many problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys I need some help

My exam season starts from Monday onwards and I know that I need straight A*'s in what I can do to keep the doors to my option choices open but the problem is that I can't stop stressing about it. I keep assuming that I'm going to fail and I'm finding it hard to even think straight. I've barely had any sleep and I'm panicking to myself about things that are probably miniscule to you and I just wanted your advice :dontknow:
    I do the same thing. I guess i get through it by trivialising the exams...
    I mean they're exams and there is life beyond exams. No ones ever died from exam stress but there's always a first for everything and i'm among the ranks to die from it. Lol But really... Talk to people, friends. Ask wyourself why are you stressed? Is it because you're scared of failing and disappointing people? As long as you understand the stress you can conquer it. Also i'm religious so I turn to God and listen to Quran which helps me immensely but you may be atheist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm genuinely becoming terrified of UKIP.

My friend in Year 13 actually came close to being elected as a councillor for an area in Norfolk, which I thought was cool, despite the fact that he's UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Well I would advise against grouping me in with the sort of people who recognise Leavers' Day as an actual important event.

Those people will inevitably become ridiculously drunk and start ****ing everything up. Last year was such that the police will be stationed around the town making sure nobody does anything mildly idiotic.

We're allowed to write on stuff, but we have to be in uniform for exams so my Head of Year had fun mentioning that if you write on your shirt, you can have fun buying a new one :mmm:

My passport may say Australian, but I generally don't ally myself with any nation; I find the whole concept of nationality restrictive and causal of too many problems.
    Hahaha i will reply to this later but how on earth do you like twitter, what with it restricting your writing to 140 characters!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahaha i will reply to this later but how on earth do you like twitter, what with it restricting your writing to 140 characters!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm lexically flexible :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I'm obsessed with twitter Am I allowed to follow you ? or is that a bit too stalkery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    My dad was telling me that once he sat an exam there was a student who had notes with him, then the guy noticed the teacher approaching him so he just ate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmaooooo, really?!? That's so awesome, haha! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliss)
    lmaooooo, really?!? That's so awesome, haha! :laugh:
    Haha yeah then the invigilator took him to the head teacher and the guy was like "but you have no evidence" so he was allowed to finish the exam and was given extra time since he wasted time talking to the head etc where he should have been in his exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    I do the same thing. I guess i get through it by trivialising the exams...
    I mean they're exams and there is life beyond exams. No ones ever died from exam stress but there's always a first for everything and i'm among the ranks to die from it. Lol But really... Talk to people, friends. Ask wyourself why are you stressed? Is it because you're scared of failing and disappointing people? As long as you understand the stress you can conquer it. Also i'm religious so I turn to God and listen to Quran which helps me immensely but you may be atheist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks first I'm going to get a goodnights sleep I haven't had one ins ages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    I'm obsessed with twitter Am I allowed to follow you ? or is that a bit too stalkery
    You can if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Thanks first I'm going to get a goodnights sleep I haven't had one ins ages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good idea! And some days you just don't get anything done. Today is that day for me. :/ Goodnight and hope you feel better soon! Just think it'll be over soon! Also... You can shred your books after every exam soooo your stress levels reduce after every exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Man of many talents I see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Debating with my (admittedly deranged) UKIP friend is actually quite fun. He's head of the Hitler UKIP Youth wing, which is pretty cool if you support UKIP (read: are wrong in every way) I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Man of many talents I see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You flatter me :fan:

ReputationRep:
    #Zee2013

ReputationRep:
    You flatter me :fan:
    Hahahah the ": fan : " emotican ....
    Am I your fan or you mine? -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hahaha I guess i've yet to experience what "real" schools are like since I attend an all girls school, which is largely ethnic minority and anti-school subcultures are at a minimum. *bubble pops*

Hahaa i'm so naive... I cant comprehend or come to terms with 16 year olds drinking or ****ing. :/ Lol how on earth do you have order in the school!?

I agree with you on the patriotism view, it is what causes divide when really we should unite for better things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahaha I guess i've yet to experience what "real" schools are like since I attend an all girls school, which is largely ethnic minority and anti-school subcultures are at a minimum. *bubble pops*

Hahaa i'm so naive... I cant comprehend or come to terms with 16 year olds drinking or ****ing. :/ Lol how on earth do you have order in the school!?

I agree with you on the patriotism view, it is what causes divide when really we should unite for better things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No no no My friends from my old school found this rioting business quite odd when I mentioned it

I'm not a big drinker (only been mildly tipsy once in Italy on school trip; it was fun because it wasn't over-the-top and I was among very good friends), and I've never had sex :lol: I'm not sure it's THAT common (although I tend to be out of the loop with these things in my nerdy subculture :lol:).

There are no ethnic subcultures at my school at all, I think. There are only two non-whites in my year, and they don't follow any racial subcultures :mmm:

I honestly couldn't detail the cultural division in my year, although according to my friend in Year 10, my year is insane (not in a good way). But again, probably hyperbole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    It's been quite a while!
    How are exams/revision going?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.