Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
    Only just found this thread!
    Dunno why I'm excited, probs because I'm optimistic that this will help me stop procrastinating every day! (am I the only one who just does nothing useful after school?)
    Ok my revision block will probs start from 6:30 and end at 8 pm.
    I'm hoping to get my C1 paper finished and make notes and squeeze in some practice on Coordinate geometry.
    Do not fear! You are not alone, haha yeah I am doing Maths too, Core 1 I find really easy, but stats is so difficult - I guess our brains' just see different problems in different ways! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootfruity)
    :eek: I could really do with a steak pie right now as I revise English!!
    Trust me, it was mmmm delicious, and so 'steaky' too :P No I won't be annoying like that, but here, if you're ever bored and hungry, you can just stare at this one :P
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GamingandMaths)
    Trust me, it was mmmm delicious, and so 'steaky' too :P No I won't be annoying like that, but here, if you're ever bored and hungry, you can just stare at this one :P
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah come onnnnnn it looks so good😯😢 great way to procrastinate 😜

ReputationRep:
    Idk how to revise ):

Especially for maths ugh and English Lang

And science, making notes doesn't help me or videos shall I just learn it by heart?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashbrowniehazie)
    Idk how to revise ):

Especially for maths ugh and English Lang

And science, making notes doesn't help me or videos shall I just learn it by heart?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths - past papers are your best friend, practise till your eyes bleed - well I wouldn't go that far!
    English - again, practise. Reading examiners' reports is also very useful as you can gage where people slipped up, on which object, so you can fine-tune and hone in on these particular features in your writing.
    Science - guess what? Practise! There is nothing wrong with making some flashcards or just reading through it, as long as the information is going in!

ReputationRep:
    Maths - past papers are your best friend, practise till your eyes bleed - well I wouldn't go that far!
    English - again, practise. Reading examiners' reports is also very useful as you can gage where people slipped up, on which object, so you can fine-tune and hone in on these particular features in your writing.
    Science - guess what? Practise! There is nothing wrong with making some flashcards or just reading through it, as long as the information is going in!
    Do you think less than two months is enough for revision or will I flop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this GCSEs or A-Level?
    GCSEs you should have no problem at all, I left it till 3 weeks before till properly knuckling down, I came out with 5 A/A*, 6B's and I'm not the brightest of cookies!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imaging doing about 4-5 hours per day multiply that with 60 days. You got enough time as long as those 4-5 hours is quality revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this GCSEs or A-Level?
    GCSEs you should have no problem at all, I left it till 3 weeks before till properly knuckling down, I came out with 5 A/A*, 6B's and I'm not the brightest of cookies!!
    GCSEs
    And woahhh #impressed xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs
    And woahhh #impressed xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I wasn't happy with them, at least I didn't get any C's. If you start now, think how many A/A*'s you could get!

(Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Imaging doing about 4-5 hours per day multiply that with 60 days. You got enough time as long as those 4-5 hours is quality revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hunnybeebee makes a really good point here, you should have ample amount of time given that your revision is concise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you ☺️!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For interest sake, the steak pie was sooooooooo nice! It was literally beautiful, so from 17:15-18:15 I will be doing some maths homework thats due tomorrow, however, it is also very good revision for my exam - so I guess I'm killing two birds with one stone, as the old saying goes!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Do not fear! You are not alone, haha yeah I am doing Maths too, Core 1 I find really easy, but stats is so difficult - I guess our brains' just see different problems in different ways! :P
    How are you finding C2?
    S1 has too many words xD
    I find graph related equations and graphs verrrry confusing. I just don't know where to start. Is it just a matter of practice?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ☺️!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem, anytime

(Original post by Anon_98)
    :rofl:
    😂 How is it going on your end?

How are you finding C2?
    S1 has too many words xD
    I find graph related equations and graphs verrrry confusing. I just don't know where to start. Is it just a matter of practice?
    C2 is okay I guess, logarithms are fun because they are fundamental in their principle. I don't like transformations of graphs, however integration is good. Sequences - arithmetic is a gift from God, but geometric is Satan calling! How are you finding it?
    And yeah I'm just practising so much with it; I am also going to see my teachers outside of lesson time to get extra help with topics I am struggling with!

ReputationRep:
    Yes ofc it is, provided that you work hard from now! If we tell you it's not enough and that you have absolutely no chance of attaining the grades you want does that mean you'll be like:

"Oh, well nevermind, I tried? Anon_98 said I'll flop, so I guess it's true- I'll just wait + accept fate now"

Exactly. So stop spending valuable time thinking about whether you've got enough time and just start! You'll be a whole lot less worried about it once you do something, I promise. <3 Even if it only a little tiny bit to begin with.

I apologise if I sound a little horrible btw, I don't mean it. >.<

ReputationRep:
    No problem, anytime

C2 is okay I guess, logarithms are fun because they are fundamental in their principle. I don't like transformations of graphs, however integration is good. Sequences - arithmetic is a gift from God, but geometric is Satan calling! How are you finding it?
    And yeah I'm just practising so much with it; I am also going to see my teachers outside of lesson time to get extra help with topics I am struggling with!
    Arithmetic series <3
    I'm just struggling with C2 tbh . Revision for C2 needs to start ASAP

ReputationRep:
    It's going okay, thank you! I stopped posting every hr/so bc I was essentially revising for the same thing and didn't want to be repetitive about it. I did get quite distracted at around 7pm though so ofc I logged out in order to get back on track again. :'3

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Stopping now bc I'd like to have an early night so I wake up with lots of time to spare tomorrow. I've watched all the required videos + been through everything I need to at least 3 times so hoping it will turn out okay. I'm going to spend the next hour relaxing + stuff.

Ahh... :crazy:

Goodnight! I will spend tomorrow doing Maths S1.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing Scottish Qualifications? National 5's, Highers or Advanced Highers?

ReputationRep:
    Arithmetic series <3
    I'm just struggling with C2 tbh . Revision for C2 needs to start ASAP
    Such a beautiful section! Literally free marks!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.