The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7520
The Kalahari typing school for men - Alexander McCall Smith. It's part of the no 1 ladies detective agency series... really enjoying the whole series :smile:
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote.

I'm about a third of the way through and think it's brilliant.
Liam123
I'm starting to work my way through now. Is Post Birthday World any good?

And I agree, particularly Eva. Some of things she says is pretty shocking!

I thought The Post Birthday World was excellent, but not as good as Kevin.

When I read Kevin, my face was like :eek: pretty much the whole way through. I didn't like Franklin either, just by the way he was so accepting of Kevin's behaviour and never punished him.
I'm reading The Three Day Rule by Josie Lloyd and Emlyn Rees.
Reply 7524
I'm reading an anthology of short stories called The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society. Some of the stories are good, some not so, but I'm extremely busy at the moment with various uni things, so being able to have little stories to read when I have fifteen minutes spare is really cool :smile:
the alchemist by paulo coelho
Reply 7526
Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan - Book 11 of the Wheel of Time series. And I must say, I love this series - I have read it non-stop from the beginning. (Y)
Reply 7527
The cupboard full of Life - Alexander McCall Smith.
Reply 7528
the crullest month by louise penny.....seriously the worst book ever.....does everything make it to international bestsellers these days.....:s-smilie:
"One, No one and One Hundred Thousand" - Luigi Pirandello

Good so far. :yy:
Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen.

I'm going to give it another shot before I toss it out of the window.
Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella

Got it for my Chirstmas so giving it a bash. Quite weird as the girl can see her dead great-aunt and speak to her. Taking awhile to finish it :s-smilie:
Doctoring the Mind: Why Psychiatric Treatments Fail- Bentall

Dead Souls- Gogol
Reply 7533
Ulysses by James Joyce. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I find it totally incomprehensible, but I've only read 280 pages so far, so we'll see...
Reply 7534
Just finished Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. Would definitely recommend it - great historical novel! Can't decide what to go for next though...
Halfway through about a million books at the moment, including:

Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding
Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
Lolita - Vladmir Nabokov
Heart Of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
Portrait Of A Lady - Henry James

I really need to finish some of these...
On The Road by Jack Kerouac and The Road by Cormac McCarthy (A coincidence). I now wish to travel America... preferably not in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
A Room With A View by E.M Forster at the moment

Quite a good book :smile:
Just finished 'Diary of a girl in Changi' by Sheila Allan and now starting 'Surfacing' by Margaret Atwood. :smile:
Reply 7539
Just finished The Pact by Jodi Picoult. I'm torn now whether this or Nineteen Minutes is my favourite of her books so far.

Dunno what to read now, though....

Latest

Trending

Trending