The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jude the Obscure - Hardy for fun. My depressing winter reading.

And a bunch of Medieval Miracle Plays for coursework, which are actually quite enjoyable.
Political Ideologies An Introduction - Andrew Heywood :rolleyes:
Mercy by Jodi picoult :smile:
Falling for Christmas - Debbie Macomber
Thorn - Vena Cork.
Reply 8505
Just finished Brave New World, and found myself jealous at points... not sure what to read next. Could someone provide me with a suggestion?
Reply 8506
Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.
This thread is so huge, 'now' is no longer the operative word is it? The Big Book of Mind Bending Puzzles.
Trying to read "Consider Phlebas" by Iain Banks but finding it confusing!
Reply 8509
Just finished Angels and Demons, now on to the da Vinci code :colondollar:
Still reading Sophies world, started reading QED and kinda reading Northern Light.
PS I love You and just finished The Last Song. I keep reading very heavy going books so I need some light hearted romance...
Original post by Planar
Just finished Brave New World, and found myself jealous at points... not sure what to read next. Could someone provide me with a suggestion?

If you're looking for stuff of a similar genre then: 1984, A Clockwork Orange, We, The Handmaid's Tale, etc.

Original post by garlicbreadman
Trying to read "Consider Phlebas" by Iain Banks but finding it confusing!

It tends to be worth it with Iain M. Banks - really clever and gets gripping around a third to half way in. :yep:
Reply 8513
Reading 'Wells of Ascension' by Brandon Sanderson
Reply 8514
Dog Blood by David Moody.

Honestly, the first one was better - though saying that, im not even a quarter of the way through.
Should give it more of a chance really but meh, it has been around 200 pages. Just not exciting me.
Guys, I want to read something deep. Not too long as I do have exams and stuff soon so need to work. I just want to read something that'll make my life and **** seem insignificant. A book I can find easily in the library?

Currently reading Lost symbol.
The Group, Mary McCarthy. It's quite interesting, but I'm not enjoying it that much. I would quite like to get it finished now so I can start on something good over Christmas.
Reply 8517
Just started 'The Left hand of God' by Paul Hoffman...it seems pretty macabre, which is just fine by me ;D
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.
Reply 8519
The girl who kicked the hornets nest - Steig Larsson.

Latest

Trending

Trending